Sponsored

First track day with twin turbos

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06
Went to my first track day with the turbos installed. What a difference to drive. I have to be very careful off the turns, when the boost (7lbs) hits it will send you around if you are not carefull. Also entering the turns at a higher speed, has changed all my breaking points.

It took 2 sessions to get used to the power and what gear to be in.

I noticed IAT at 145 at the end of the long straight at 140+ mph. Not too sure where the limit is here but lower would be better.

Would like to hear how anyone else that may be running TT setup is liking it.

No more getting blown away by the Z06 vett now!
Sponsored

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
lol......my experience is the same, you have to be very careful coming out of turns, else you will go sideways quickly.

I'm looking into my tune to see if I can limit torque in 2nd and 3rd gear, but like you I love the power to stay with the ZO6 and ACR crew. I still have nothing for a well driven GT3 RS unfortunately......

My IAT are similar to yours, in the 130's. I run 50/50 e85 so I haven't had any issues with KR.

Now I'm looking at getting a big wing, and fine tuning my suspension to get more grip out of turns.

OP
OP
Earlj

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lol......my experience is the same, you have to be very careful coming out of turns, else you will go sideways quickly.

I'm looking into my tune to see if I can limit torque in 2nd and 3rd gear, but like you I love the power to stay with the ZO6 and ACR crew. I still have nothing for a well driven GT3 RS unfortunately......

My IAT are similar to yours, in the 130's. I run 50/50 e85 so I haven't had any issues with KR.

Now I'm looking at getting a big wing, and fine tuning my suspension to get more grip out of turns.
I am thinking about a wing also. What rear end gear are you running? I have 3.73 and 3rd is scary.

My car is quite loud as well. I have a borla S exhaust. Out here we have noise restrictions. I am going to Mt Tremblant in Canada and there limit is 92 db, not sure what to do other than take my Z06. I rather take the mustang.

Also sorting out my crankcase ventelation system. Currently running A UPR system but not sure I like it.

Lots of fun!!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Earlj

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
How are you liking the Cortex shocks?

OP
OP
Earlj

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How are you liking the Cortex shocks?
Car handles awesome. Fllip matched the shocks, springs,sway bars, and wheel offsets. Could not be happier.
great company to deal with.

OP
OP
Earlj

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How did you do against those guys compared to the Fox?
I did not take any times. At the end of last year i had the car pretty dialed in.

Saturday i was sorting out the turbo set up, but, at the moment i would say my lap times are slower by a little bit.

It will take a few more sessions and some new NTO1 tires berfor i run some real hard laps.

I am certainly not the fastest driver out there either!!!

I did set 2nd fastest time in class at Club Motorsports in NH

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I am thinking about a wing also. What rear end gear are you running? I have 3.73 and 3rd is scary.

My car is quite loud as well. I have a borla S exhaust. Out here we have noise restrictions. I am going to Mt Tremblant in Canada and there limit is 92 db, not sure what to do other than take my Z06. I rather take the mustang.

Also sorting out my crankcase ventelation system. Currently running A UPR system but not sure I like it.

Lots of fun!!!!
3.31 would help a lot.
Sponsored