2018 Slow delivery advice.

DustyTron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 3500, lifted. 2003 G35 coupe supercharged
New to the board in regards to actually posting. Have been lurking here for 4-5 months without and account. Have never owned a Mustang so didn't feel like I had anything to contribute. February 16, 2018 I finally pulled the trigger and factory ordered a 2018 Mustang Premium Gt. Performance pack, magneride, digital dash, recaro seats, red leather, black exterior, 6 speed, shaker system with gps etc. exactly what I wanted. skipped the active exhaust and extra safety junk. Ordered it from the ford dealer in Penticton BC. dont know if we can name, names here so i wont bother, you can figure it out if you feel inclined. So like I said. Ordered the car Feb 16/2018. Called the dealer a couple times before and either got the "we will let you know when we know" or they just wouldnt return my calls, not like i called every week but anyways.... Called today (april 6/2018) and FINALLY got some info from someone. She stated the car is slated for assembly finally. Expected deliver is mid June!! That puts the car at 16-18 weeks from order to delivery... I was quoted 8-12! Is this normal? Is this acceptable? This is my first time ordering a car from new like this. I'm not happy that it will take so long but i dont want to start being a dick to them if this is normalish. If it's normal ill shut up and wait longer. If it's not, what should I do? Suggestions? Advice? I really appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Sponsored

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
For a custom order, I’d say yes. I ordered on 1/29 and my EDD is 4/29.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101014

There's a good chance that your order won't come due to the Magneride constraints on 18s. If you haven't been assigned a VIN yet, I wouldn't keep hopes high. I know this isn't what you want to hear btw. It just seems that you're about to get a bounce-back, just as I and many others did, especially since 2019s start production in June and 2018 production supposedly stops sometime in May...
The dealership and whatever salesman you did the order with should absolutely be returning your calls/texts ASAP, though. The guy I've been talking with has reached out to me every 2-3 weeks since ordering, regardless as to whether or not I contacted him first. When I do text/email him, I usually hear back within 3 hours. Likewise, when I call, he either answers or calls me back within 3-hours. On the rare occasion he's not able to get back to me for a day, he apologizes like crazy (as if I was even upset :lol: ).

Even though the constraints on the Magneride are not the dealerships fault, going by your story, I say find a new dealership.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Yea man. Not many people have gotten their car in under 12 weeks, let alone 8 weeks. These 18's have had a lot of production delays to due supplier restraints. I don't think Ford expected the digital dash, magneride shocks, 6MT, blue or red leather seats etc to be so popular.
It comes down to the Magneride, (grain of salt) my source basically said Ford only procured X amount of the system for the remainder of the 2018 run and had to allocate the majority to PP2 orders. Some people who ordered PP1 w/Magneride since January seem to still be getting theirs, but it may be because the dealership used a level 20 (max) priority code.

68&18_Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 & 2018 GT's
DustyTron,

I'm in the same position. Order my on 2/19. Was told about 8 weeks. Petty much the same options PP1 w/Magneride, AT, etc. Below is what Ford is say (not the dealer). Very little contact from them (it would have been none if I didn't call him a couple of time). I have a 1968 Mustang that will keep me satisfied until June (hopefully it materializes because I really wanted a new one that was 50 years newer then my current one, so I could have them in the barn next to each other). I guess time will tell.

2018 MUSTANG GT PREMIUM FASTBACK
Ordered On: 02/19/2018
Order Number: 0070
VIN: 1FA6P8CF7J5178146
Estimated Delivery: 06/18/2018

Sponsored

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
New to the board in regards to actually posting. Have been lurking here for 4-5 months without and account. Have never owned a Mustang so didn't feel like I had anything to contribute. February 16, 2018 I finally pulled the trigger and factory ordered a 2018 Mustang Premium Gt. Performance pack, magneride, digital dash, recaro seats, red leather, black exterior, 6 speed, shaker system with gps etc. exactly what I wanted. skipped the active exhaust and extra safety junk. Ordered it from the ford dealer in Penticton BC. dont know if we can name, names here so i wont bother, you can figure it out if you feel inclined. So like I said. Ordered the car Feb 16/2018. Called the dealer a couple times before and either got the "we will let you know when we know" or they just wouldnt return my calls, not like i called every week but anyways.... Called today (april 6/2018) and FINALLY got some info from someone. She stated the car is slated for assembly finally. Expected deliver is mid June!! That puts the car at 16-18 weeks from order to delivery... I was quoted 8-12! Is this normal? Is this acceptable? This is my first time ordering a car from new like this. I'm not happy that it will take so long but i dont want to start being a dick to them if this is normalish. If it's normal ill shut up and wait longer. If it's not, what should I do? Suggestions? Advice? I really appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Yea that is taking a really long time and the only reason I can think of is because of the specific options you ordered it with, (magneride, PP) etc...

Just for a comparison and perspective, I ordered my 2018 Base Mustang GT with 301A and black accent package on March 19th and it has a estimated delivery date of May 26th and I already have a VIN.

OP
OP

DustyTron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 3500, lifted. 2003 G35 coupe supercharged
Thanks for all the replies. Makes me feel better knowing it seems to be a issue with others as well. Ill stay patient then. If it's not here by July 1, I'll cancel and just save up more and buy a GT350 next spring haha

cobrapatrol

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
1969 Triumph TR6, 2018 GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Dusty
My order stats are in my sig. My dealer just called me out of the blue to tell me that my order will be coming in soon:rolleyes: Do you follow the Order | Price | Tracking discussions? I am not sure how things may be different in Canada but perhaps you can get more information on COTUS and maybe even your window sticker if it is ready for the production phase. I wouldn't be so sure to rule out your Mustang based on MR supplies, not just yet. You should get your VIN (from the dealer if necessary) and see if you can use COTUS.

Best of luck! - Jim

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
Ordered mine in late January, just got it yesterday, a day shy of 10 weeks. By all means make sure you get a VIN from the dealership, and read the COTUS Checker thread to start having updates emailed to you.

gamecoc430

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
What cobrapaol said above. I was able to track mine every day, knew when it was sitting waiting for a rail car, then tracked the rail car all the way here. I was waiting at the dealer's when it was delivered right off the transport. Dig in the section above and you'll find all the links you need.

Sponsored

GagneGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat, 2018 Road Glide Special, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
My dealer just told me my build is cancelled ordered late though3-6

RenegadeRedneck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Fellow Canadian here(Calgary), ordered on 02/21, took over a month to get a VIN. Salesman said est build around May long and delivery end of June. As a Canadian COTUS doesn't work until you have a VIN(at least that's what I've found), though it now shows edd as June 21.

Ruby Red GT premium, 401a, 10spd, PP1, magneride, active exhaust.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm at 4 months wait.

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
Ordered my PP2 in December, went to production Monday April 2nd, expected delivery is May 4th. 5 months total, it's been a long wait...

I think the dealer has something to do with it too. My dealer is a very low volume one, they sell more trucks than Mustangs/cars. I saw in a previous post that someones order had a Priority of 20, Mine has 10. Higher volume dealer probably gets cars quicker.

PP2, 401A, Royal Crimson, Shaker, Active Exhaust.

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My dealer just told me my build is cancelled ordered late though3-6
Odd, what options did you order on it? I ordered mine 3/19 ... went right through.
Sponsored