Sponsored

Sourcing issues with Magneride?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
So, there’s been a long delay in my 2018 order, got an update a couple months back stating it was at the factory and was awaiting VIN assignment. After several weeks the VIN never came, called my dealership and they started researching wtf was going on. Got an update about 2 weeks ago and the dealership confirmed that it’s at the factory “waiting to be built” but hasn’t moved since, the manager told me that this happened once before with an F150 order and not to worry, that they’ll call Ford and take care of it. Just got off the phone with my sales guy who called me, told me that the order just bounced back from Ford - told me that it seems to have something to do with the Magneride system, he’s unsure if they only allotted X amount for the 18s or what, though. I do remember reading something about a sourcing issue for Magneride here not too long ago... sooooooooo, basically, is this true? :p
Sponsored

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A guy I know who’s “in the know” just got back to me - seems that Magneride is indeed “constrained” at the moment, though, he doesn’t have details. :(
Well, at least I know I’m not being BSed by the dealership :p

NorthernBeast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black '17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So, there’s been a long delay in my 2018 order, got an update a couple months back stating it was at the factory and was awaiting VIN assignment. After several weeks the VIN never came, called my dealership and they started researching wtf was going on. Got an update about 2 weeks ago and the dealership confirmed that it’s at the factory “waiting to be built” but hasn’t moved since, the manager told me that this happened once before with an F150 order and not to worry, that they’ll call Ford and take care of it. Just got off the phone with my sales guy who called me, told me that the order just bounced back from Ford - told me that it seems to have something to do with the Magneride system, he’s unsure if they only allotted X amount for the 18s or what, though. I do remember reading something about a sourcing issue for Magneride here not too long ago... sooooooooo, basically, is this true? :p
Hate to say it but yes.

I posted about this happening to me a couple months ago and tried to notify everyone who might have been in the same position as me. I placed my order Jan 8, 2018 and found out this was the case on Feb 6, 2018

Sorry dude, but your best bet is to try and find one on a lot somehwere

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
A guy I know who’s “in the know” just got back to me - seems that Magneride is indeed “constrained” at the moment, though, he doesn’t have details. :(
Well, at least I know I’m not being BSed by the dealership :p
Constraints can play hell with an order for sure. With the Corvette it seems GM puts a constraint on one of it's performance packages every month. i.e. Z51, Z07, etc. It usually has to do with getting the equipment from the sourced manufacturer. I would bet it's the same with Ford. I hope you get yours soon Spork, I know you've been in a holding pattern for quite awhile.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate to say it but yes.

I posted about this happening to me a couple months ago and tried to notify everyone who might have been in the same position as me. I placed my order Jan 8, 2018 and found out this was the case on Feb 6, 2018

Sorry dude, but your best bet is to try and find one on a lot somehwere
That's roughly the same time mine was ordered, I just never received any notice or bounce-back until today, nearly 4-months later. Likely because it was done as a dealer order and not a personal/customer order.

No point in trying to find one on a lot, there's literally none configured the way I want. Before the dealership offered to order me one as a dealer-order so I wasn't locked-in, they ran a search on ones built and being built, only 4 met the option criteria I had, and all were colors I definitely don't want (3 shadow blacks and one magnetic... and look at my profile pic - never doing magnetic or a dark color ever again! :p ). The dealership already offered to do the same order as a 2019, I'll just have to wait for that, at least I'll be getting the B&O system now. :p

So you never got a VIN?
No, the process literally stopped right at the part where a VIN is assigned. It's been listed as "at factory" and "awaiting/pending build" for 5-ish weeks. The next step would be the VIN assignment. :frusty:

Constraints can play hell with an order for sure. With the Corvette it seems GM puts a constraint on one of it's performance packages every month. i.e. Z51, Z07, etc. It usually has to do with getting the equipment from the sourced manufacturer. I would bet it's the same with Ford. I hope you get yours soon Spork, I know you've been in a holding pattern for quite awhile.
Take this with a grain of salt, as I can not/will not reveal source info, but after delving a little deeper it seems that Ford only procured/sourced/purchased a limited amount of Magneride systems for 2018 non-GT350s as they didn't think there would be a huge demand for some reason. It seems as though they had to move the remainder of supply to PP2 orders, so with a fresh contract/batch/whatever for 2019 there likely won't be a problem (at least... if you order early :p ).

Since 2019s seemingly don't go into production until late-May/early-June, I'm gonna guess I'll finally have my gen2 S550 in July/August. I mean, it's annoying, but I guess it's fine because my lease isn't even up on my 2016 until the first week of October anyway, plus I'll get the B&O system. The one thing that really sucks, however, is I ordered that 2018 as Race Red with Showstopper Red interior as a "test" to see if I even like the combination since it was a dealer order and I wasn't locked-in (can't seem to find any red interior mustangs anywhere near me :( ), now I'll have to either stick with ebony or gamble on red on red! :doh:

My plan was to try and get an unbelievable lease deal again (I say unbelievable since no one here believed my current one till I posted a pic of a payment receipt from Ford :lol: ) on the incoming 18, then buy a "lightly used" 2019/2020 GT500 at the end of the lease, if I couldn't get the numbers to work on leasing an 18 I would just order and buy a 19 - all that planning for nothing! :( :frusty: :p :lol:

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Interesting. I placed an order through a dealer in early March for a '18 with Magneride, and it has a VIN and currently shows as having an estimated delivery date of 6/8/18, but hasn't moved since the order was entered. It disappeared off the tracking site for a few hours today, but now appears to be back, but not sure what caused that.

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
I wonder if your order is getting pushed as they prioritized the PP2s ahead of the other builds that have magneride added as an option? I know a lot of the PP2 crowd here have their cars being delivered this week and next, with some out a month later. When did you place your order, may want to compare that to what others have in signatures on the PP2 threads for their order and build dates to see if that is screwing you over.

Have you done any searches for your exact build to see if there is one on a lot somewhere you could get shipped instead of waiting?

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I placed an order through a dealer in early March for a '18 with Magneride, and it has a VIN and currently shows as having an estimated delivery date of 6/8/18, but hasn't moved since the order was entered. It disappeared off the tracking site for a few hours today, but now appears to be back, but not sure what caused that.
PP1 or PP2?

I wonder if your order is getting pushed as they prioritized the PP2s ahead of the other builds that have magneride added as an option? I know a lot of the PP2 crowd here have their cars being delivered this week and next, with some out a month later. When did you place your order, may want to compare that to what others have in signatures on the PP2 threads for their order and build dates to see if that is screwing you over.

Have you done any searches for your exact build to see if there is one on a lot somewhere you could get shipped instead of waiting?
The info I’m getting seems to point to the remaining 18 MR systems being prioritized to PP2 builds, yea. :(
As mentioned previously, there’s no builds out there that meet my criteria, sadly. :(

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
PP1 or PP2?

The info I’m getting seems to point to the remaining 18 MR systems being prioritized to PP2 builds, yea. :(
As mentioned previously, there’s no builds out there that meet my criteria, sadly. :(
What was your build criteria, did you have it fully loaded? Wondering if there were options you didn't want, but could get a sweet deal on if you took one from a lot that had more features, again assuming you didn't go all out here on every feature. If my build date was pushed to June, I'd probably jump in and get on the 19 orders, whats another month or two wait.

Sponsored

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
I think going PP2 was the only thing that saved me.
Your car may be the one that tipped the scale and shifted his date out, lol. Tread lightly.......:gossip:

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What was your build criteria, did you have it fully loaded? Wondering if there were options you didn't want, but could get a sweet deal on if you took one from a lot that had more features, again assuming you didn't go all out here on every feature. If my build date was pushed to June, I'd probably jump in and get on the 19 orders, whats another month or two wait.
Yep, fully loaded, 401a, GT, A10, etc - Race Red

I think going PP2 was the only thing that saved me.
Your car may be the one that tipped the scale and shifted his date out, lol. Tread lightly.......:gossip:
Silver Bullitt, you son of a...!!!!! :lol: :p

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
They definitely must have prioritize the PP2 orders then. I placed mine on 2/17 and it’s in transit now with delivery at the end of the week. That’s sucks man.