Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, D1 Procharger Stage 2
Hey guys, just installed one of these in my car, and would like to figure out how to change the temp displays to Fahrenheit. Probably in this thread but there’s a lot of pages here. Lol

Edit: figured out the AC temp, any way to display the exterior temp in Fahrenheit?

You have to go into advanced options and use the pin. 8861. There is an option. I just did it.

Sponsored

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm running a 4 channel Hifonics 4x120rms interior amp, and an1200x2 sub amp with stock speakers. It sounds amazing.

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
I have more priorities lately and family come first! I still have update on my desktop and 90% done. Just a few more tweak and it will need to be compiled)
Hope its for Gen1 ,can't wait. :eyebulge:

Azura5.0

Slow AF Coyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julie
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
Hey Guys! I just picked up a tesla unit and installed in my base GT. Now I am curious about upgrading the sound system. I kinda browsed through this whole thread but I just want to know options and what connections are needed to hook up like one 10" and upgrade the speakers. So any info would be great! Thanks!

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Guys! I just picked up a tesla unit and installed in my base GT. Now I am curious about upgrading the sound system. I kinda browsed through this whole thread but I just want to know options and what connections are needed to hook up like one 10" and upgrade the speakers. So any info would be great! Thanks!

You'll want to read the pinned thread for that.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25501

Azura5.0

Slow AF Coyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julie
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for saving me from browsing 225 pages!! :cheers:

Although, that looks like it directly relates to the stock system and wiring. I'm just curious if the Tesla unit is capable of having upgraded audio or what needs to be done.
It's essentially the same. The wiring on the speaker side is the same.

As for adding a subwoofer, most people (myself included) just tap in to the rear deck speakers and use a Line Out Converter, and tap into the backup camera power for remote on 12v.

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for saving me from browsing 225 pages!! :cheers:

Although, that looks like it directly relates to the stock system and wiring. I'm just curious if the Tesla unit is capable of having upgraded audio or what needs to be done.
If you want to upgrade, the first thing you need are two amps and I would suggest two 10" subs. First, install an interior amp. This will get you more power. The stock speakers are not horrible with more power. I am running all 9 interior speakers from a 4 channel amp and sounds pretty good. The Tesla has rca amp outputs for interior speakers, but doesnt have a sub output for some reason.

Next, install your subs and amp. You will need to tap into your rear deck or interior amp speakers with a liine output converter to get a signal for your sub amp. Normally stereos have an amp output, but the Tesla does not.

Azura5.0

Slow AF Coyote
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julie
Vehicle(s)
If you want to upgrade, the first thing you need are two amps and I would suggest two 10" subs. First, install an interior amp. This will get you more power. The stock speakers are not horrible with more power. I am running all 9 interior speakers from a 4 channel amp and sounds pretty good. The Tesla has rca amp outputs for interior speakers, but doesnt have a sub output for some reason.

Next, install your subs and amp. You will need to tap into your rear deck or interior amp speakers with a liine output converter to get a signal for your sub amp. Normally stereos have an amp output, but the Tesla does not.

Perfect! That's exactly the info I was needing! Thank you so much!

donmcgowen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect! That's exactly the info I was needing! Thank you so much!
If I were you, I would buy a decent 5 channel amp. With the 5 channel you can run your interior and a sub so that might be best for a simple install.

Just to clarify, I said Tesla does not have an amp output. It has a 4 channel ouput for an interior amp. It does not have a sub output.

As I said right now I'm running all my interior speakers with a 4 channel, except center channel.

This summer I'm going to pick up a 5 channel amp and some 3 way Component door speakers. I will bridge the 4 channels into 2 channels to run the 3 way component, the 5th channel will run the center channel. And my current amp will be bridged to 2 channels to run my rear speakers.

I also plan on a sound processor/crossover to tune the amps and send the proper center channel sound.

Amps don't need to be expensive. I have a hard time knowing if something sounds amazing or just OK. I would have to hear it side by side. So I'm using Hifonics Brutus amp. They have good power and they are cheap. If you have a great ear for music, a better amp and speakers might be in order.

HotBadgerFart

"Is it dead?"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone with one of these still happen to have any cables left over? I need a set of the USB cables, in the event anyone has a set.

With that said, I have a set of the premium toggle switches if someone needs those.
Sponsored