Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Stage 2 10.57@135

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
LOL, little back ground for you:
1. Very few have any issues and doesn't work? Are you on the same planet, same forum? Even with thousands of customers making nearly 850 flywheel HP, very few have found an issue. The one issue found was in worst case scenarios of cat light off at tip in, injector variance, maf temp variance, injector shut off at decel, etc. Only Roush would even know about this as most don't even remodel cat protection and operation. It's been fixed and is free for all once its posted on the server. Just like we've done for years. Just to be clear, it takes other 3-5 calibrations every time they send a kit out. Somehow, magically, we have pre-built files that work across the board, better than almost anybodies, and fully legal.
2. Edelbrock, along with Eaton called us out at SEMA, 2016 stating how superior this new SC was over our 2.9L. Giving erroneous power curves, temp curves, etc. That's what started to stir the pot, were just reacting. We have all the test data, we also have test data from other companies that found the same thing. There is a simple reason why it flat lines.
3. Nothing we state and I mean nothing, can't be backed up. It's for people to have the proper information vs internet folk lore that many feel is good enough to make large decisions. Hate or love it, information is key.
LOL where all them 800whp pump gas cars?

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
No way a TVS will even come close with a little throttle body. Everyone on the planet knows inlet size on a PD blower is the king of hp. I was a TVS fanboy until I ran the whipple. IMO there is not a comparison.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Who the fu*k talks to potential customers like that?
I do, it’s simple, calling us out for not running well is a joke, I actually take offense to it. We bust our tails helping everyone in every way, even helping others after hours, weekends, holidays. You would have to be hiding under a rock to not know how well the system works and how much effort we put in to helping the customer have an incredible experience. Nobody, not even close, has even remotely close power, reliability, drive ability or fit and finish. There’s plenty of choices out there, picking one that best fits your desired build and targeted power level should be the most important part of the decision making process.

Pointing out that the graph flat lines with what must be the last 1000rpm is saying something is wrong. Dynos are tuning tools, and it’s telling you it’s losing inertia at that point. If load is staying up, then it’s spark, temp or airflow issues. If it’s dropping load, it’s slipping the clutch. Simply pointing it out is not negative, it’s not a characteristic of a Coyote Motor.

Pointing out what boost is run is also not negative since we purchased a kit, put it on our car and ran it. They ship at 13.5psi of boost on a car with long tube headers and high flow cats, that’s real results. I’ve got other independent test showing the same thing so when someone post it’s got less, it raises questions.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Yes being disappointed that you’ve been wrong all this time and all your negative post for nothing.... how about NY, CT, worth the drive?
Hey its no big deal pretty easy for a vendor to make a glory pull or do whatever to make a car hit 800whp but sure havnt seen the average joe do it on a stock engine on pump gas as you guys claimed...........

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Hey its no big deal pretty easy for a vendor to make a glory pull or do whatever to make a car hit 800whp but sure havnt seen the average joe do it on a stock engine on pump gas as you guys claimed...........
Actually is a pretty big deal. Palm Beach just did it as well. We never said average joe can make 800rwhp, stated it needed some changes such as long tubes and custom tune, along with 93, not 91.. Average Joes are laying down 750 nearly every week.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Actually is a pretty big deal. Palm Beach just did it as well. We never said average joe can make 800rwhp, stated it needed some changes such as long tubes and custom tune, along with 93, not 91.. Average Joes are laying down 750 nearly every week.
Corrected PBD did? ....... Damn you talk BS out your face.

According to this thread you yourself talk cars making under 800 on 93.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93475&page=13

And this thread.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93064&page=8

Ohhh so is it 800 uncorrected? Ive seen you flip flop so many times when people question you and watched you back pedal in numerous threads that its hilarious.

So the stars have to align juuuuuust right for this unicorn nonsense you talk to actually be true.

Sponsored

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy flat line! What in the world is with that dyno sheet. The Coyotes pull to 8100rpm before they flat line :shrug:
LOL It's a different approach - they using speed vs power not rpm vs power - they do the same in EU. Narrow minded?

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes being disappointed that you’ve been wrong all this time and all your negative post for nothing.... how about NY, CT, worth the drive?
I don't like the way you speak but I must agree - that guy is very well known here...for knowing everything, well at least that's what he claims :lol:

strongholdsteve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X2

I sent the Edelbrock tech a direct message a couple weeks back with some questions because I didn't want to start a thread on here that got muddied by all of the this Whipple White-Knight BS.

For what it is worth, Edelbrock got right back to me and answered all of my questions thoroughly.
Lund must be working with Whipple closely - I asked Lund about that Edelbrock kit months ago and they said - no, it's not a good kit go with Whipple. Just saying...

Last edited: