Edelbrock 2650 Stage 2 10.57@135

OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Holy flat line! What in the world is with that dyno sheet. The Coyotes pull to 8100rpm before they flat line :shrug:
it's because blower's wish they could be turbo car's and have a flat power curve and still run quick :lol::lol::lol:i'm sure we all know why it does it, we've spoken with all involved and they have been very receptive.

we love the Whipple's we've got Aussie and World record 6.4 Hemi's using the 2.9L's. we are turbo guys, our shop turbo S550 is the quickest in the country. honestly, we were going to go a Whipple 2.9 and were about to purchase one, then one of our suppliers/friends said there's a new kit coming, so we held off to buy it. there's a few Whipple dealers around us doing the S550 kits, so we basically didn't want to step on anyone's toes, everyone has to eat.

i can say Edelbrock has been awesome to deal with, have been listening to some things we want, we've made suggestions to distributors here in Australia about products, they won't listen, so we just do it ourselves. end of the day we are just car guys and want to go quick. we aren't here for any drama.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
^^^^I love what you’ve done with the Edelbrock, and being a U.K. owner of a RHD Auto GT, it’s something I’m very interested in.:thumbsup:

Especially the install:).. i’d like To ask a few questions if I may:)

How would you rate the install from an easy to difficult point of view?
Could a reasonably handy chap with a decent workshop undertake it?
Roughly how long should it take for a first timer?
Can you tell us more about the tune?
Are there any “gotchyas” to look out for with a RHD install?

Any other relevant info that may help?
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Would love a reply to this if you have the time:D:headbang:

OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
^^^^I love what you’ve done with the Edelbrock, and being a U.K. owner of a RHD Auto GT, it’s something I’m very interested in.:thumbsup:

Especially the install:).. i’d like To ask a few questions if I may:)

How would you rate the install from an easy to difficult point of view?
Could a reasonably handy chap with a decent workshop undertake it?
Roughly how long should it take for a first timer?
Can you tell us more about the tune?
Are there any “gotchyas” to look out for with a RHD install?

Any other relevant info that may help?
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Would love a reply to this if you have the time:D:headbang:
thanks mate

install for the average bloke would be a medium, Edelbrock has it all planned out pretty good in the instructions. we did the 2nd one in about 6 hours start to finish, 1 person, but you will need a 2nd person to help with actually putting the blower on, being an inverted blower everything is bolted together so it's weighty. if you are handy with the tools i'd be prepared to spend 8-12 hours to do it all.

the tunes good, we were the first in Australia to the 2650, so logs went back and forth to Edelbrock for their Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits. fuels, exhaust systems etc etc are different country to country and RHD vs LHD.

i'm not sure how it goes with warranty for the RHD car's i think you will actually have to go through an approved dealer. we've went past the stage 2 kit, so we don't have warranty and had to tune ourselves.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the reply:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sounds good:)

Warranty wise, I’d guess I won’t be covered, Car is now almost 2 years old and 20k Miles, so I’m not that bothered about warranty.:)

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I <3 forum drama! In for the fun!

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Fact is it is only the second person I have seen with your blower on here. The first guy didn’t fair so well and got ripped apart. I am sure he is still around licking his wounds.

10.5 with a “country boy” driver and 93 is moving. I would love to see it on e85 and for it to punch the whipple fan boys in the mouth. My only issue with these blowers is IAT’s. Ran plenty of Whips and VMP’s in Mexico and its not even fair on the second run.

Either way fast is fast. That flat curve is interesting but a dyno doesn’t really tell how quick a car is. Seen plenty of 800 hp beasts struggle to keep up with my lowly little 700 centri....

Sponsored
OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Fact is it is only the second person I have seen with your blower on here. The first guy didn’t fair so well and got ripped apart. I am sure he is still around licking his wounds.

10.5 with a “country boy” driver and 93 is moving. I would love to see it on e85 and for it to punch the whipple fan boys in the mouth. My only issue with these blowers is IAT’s. Ran plenty of Whips and VMP’s in Mexico and its not even fair on the second run.

Either way fast is fast. That flat curve is interesting but a dyno doesn’t really tell how quick a car is. Seen plenty of 800 hp beasts struggle to keep up with my lowly little 700 centri....
the IAT's were the hottest on the 10.5@135mph, the pass before was 27 minutes earlier, we played around with tune, then 15 minutes of car running waiting in the staging lanes, idling down to run again.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
the IAT's were the hottest on the 10.5@135mph, the pass before was 27 minutes earlier, we played around with tune, then 15 minutes of car running waiting in the staging lanes, idling down to run again.
Thought of something else:)

Did you have to cut the K brace for the install??:thumbsup:

69Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 5.0
That's why we don't race on dynos.

I am not exactly sure what your intent is posting in this thread. We know Whipple Superchargers puts out a quality product that performs, and you are constantly working to improve your product for the consumer.

We at Edelbrock are receiving more and more inquires for information about our Coyote Superchargers. Our intent is to showcase real world examples of our product out in the field and what it is capable of.

We are listening to our customers and installers who provide feedback that not only tells us what we are doing right, but where there is room for improvement.

That said, I think everyone here will be excited about what we have lined up for 2018. ;)
All I can say is that it is about time that there was a bit of return fire from you guys re what has been occurring in some of these threads. Every thread about the E-Force gets hi-jacked by whipple or whipple fan-boys when people were just trying to get information. It was getting more than tiresome.

I don't have a dog in the fight, other than being a potential purchaser, so I am happy to see some real world info about your kit. I toured your manufacturing plant in LA after SEMA last year and I was very impressed. I really like the look of the 2650 E-Force.

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs

IATs are no issue with this generation of E-Force Superchargers.

The intercooler system has a huge core above the rotor outlet. Hot, compressed air passes through the core up to the top of the manifold before being forced back through the core into the intake runners. Combined with a healthy sized heat exchanger, the system stays cool pass after pass. The way our kit is wired shows you true IATs after the second pass through the intercooler right on your car's dash as well.
DP3C-Edelbrock-2650-tvs.jpg
Sponsored