Sponsored

Fair price for 16 Track pack?

carguy0316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
slow
Hey guys in the market and doing some serious searching for a 16 track pack. I am in NJ and seems like they are going for more money in the Tri-State area. I have found a few out of state that are a few grand cheaper so looks like I may need to travel to get one. I was thinking 50-52k out the door... am I thinking too low at that much. I noticed a lot of the 16's have been on these lots for quite some time, likely because they paid too much for the trade on them and now they are stuck.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The one I traded in sat for a while. A real shame. Mine was garage kept and as soon as I traded it in, it sat outside for a long time.

More importantly, how many miles are you willing to accept? Mine had a tad under 2K. I would be very wary of buying one of these used. However, There is a member here [MENTION=26196]96cobra[/MENTION] that is selling his and it is perfect. The reason is because he is moving up to an R. Ive seen it. That is the kind of car you want to buy. Its in the central FL area, and I know he doesn't want to deal with tire kickers, so if you are serious, give him a shout. I'd suggest making a deal ASAP, because he's going to be trading it in soon.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
50-52 out the door is probably not unreasonable, but as spring gets closer the prices might go up a bit due to demand. In a year or two it will probably be easier to get them at that price or possibly lower.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
The one I traded in sat for a while. A real shame. Mine was garage kept and as soon as I traded it in, it sat outside for a long time.

More importantly, how many miles are you willing to accept? Mine had a tad under 2K. I would be very wary of buying one of these used. However, There is a member here [MENTION=26196]96cobra[/MENTION] that is selling his and it is perfect. Ive seen it. That is the kind of car you want to buy. Its in the central FL area, and I know he doesn't want to deal with tire kickers, so if you are serious, give him a shout. I'd suggest making a deal ASAP, because he's going to be trading it in soon.
+1 for [MENTION=26196]96cobra[/MENTION] - nice car and particular owner.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
5k or less miles then 47 to 52k dealer priced is what i am seeing in the midwest. buy now before spring and you likely can hit that out the door number.

Sponsored

lmar77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TrackPack
I bought one yesterday, $52k out the door (2800miles). I probably could have gotten it for a bit less but they gave me good money for my trade in (more than KBB) and once you sit in it and drive it, the price becomes secondary!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would not be wary of buying a used GT350. I think it's a great car and well built to handle being driven as it should be.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I think the market for 16s is 45k. They're all petering out at auctions in low 40s, and sitting on dealer lots at high 40s to 50k. They appear to be moving once it dips into the mid 40s. I offered 45k for a 16 track pack with 8500 miles and was turned down. They have it listed for 47,900.

I think dealers overpaid when demand was hot, and are trying to squeak out every last dollar since the market softened a bit.

OP
OP

carguy0316

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
slow
I think the market for 16s is 45k. They're all petering out at auctions in low 40s, and sitting on dealer lots at high 40s to 50k. They appear to be moving once it dips into the mid 40s. I offered 45k for a 16 track pack with 8500 miles and was turned down. They have it listed for 47,900.

I think dealers overpaid when demand was hot, and are trying to squeak out every last dollar since the market softened a bit.[/QUOTE

That one in ohio was one that was on my radar. I am looking for under 10k in miles. When you offered 45 was that out the door or just purchase price?
And I agree dealers paid a lot when the market on the 16's was in more demand but due to the release of the 17's having better options I feel a lot of people just bought them new last year. And now these 16's are sitting.

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
That one in ohio was one that was on my radar. I am looking for under 10k in miles. When you offered 45 was that out the door or just purchase price?
And I agree dealers paid a lot when the market on the 16's was in more demand but due to the release of the 17's having better options I feel a lot of people just bought them new last year. And now these 16's are sitting.
My offer was just car price, not out the door. Taxes and fees would put it around 49k OTD.

Car is in excellent condition, original owner was clearly an enthusiast, all documents in trunk from purchase including a tag that had 15k ADM :) Oil filter supplement, crank trophy, cover, etc. Front lip appeared to be installed incorrectly, which was common and an easy fix. Steering wheel is in excellent shape, no real wear that I could find.

I can help you look at it again if you decide to pursue. I'm no longer in the market.

Sponsored

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes

I think dealers overpaid when demand was hot, and are trying to squeak out every last dollar since the market softened a bit.
Agreed, but so much depends on the dealer. I shopped my '16 GT350 with tech pack (9300 miles) around to several Ford dealers within 100 miles of me as part of a trade-in on a 2018 GT350. The range was $42K to $46.5K, and that's in a relatively small area. I would imagine that nationally the range would be even greater.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Any particular Color combo you are looking for? Im in the PA/DE/NJ area and have been looking around a lot. I can help you search if you'd like.

In the area you are looking at 48-52K at the lowest before tax.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
IS there a measurable difference between the 2016 track pack and tech pack cars? Are the track packs commanding higher prices?

Robertscz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'17 350 white/blue ott
IS there a measurable difference between the 2016 track pack and tech pack cars? Are the track packs commanding higher prices?
from what i've gathered just reading, it seems as though the track packs are more desirable than the tech package.... if i were you i would look for a 17 with the electronics package. you get the coolers from the 16 track pack standard as well as the recaro seats which are a must if you ask me, plus the sync 3 navigation.

swish77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2018 LB GT350 C-package White Stripes
The Ford dealers I dealt with told me there wasn't a big difference in trade-in value between the packages, although it's a small sample size. Also, keep in mind that the tech cars SHOULD have commanded a better value because it was a more expensive option, $7500. However, the negative publicity about the lack of tranny and diff coolers leveled the field. The bigger issue is the mileage. I had 9300 miles on mine, and although that's not a lot for a '16 in the regular car world, each dealer told me they considered it a lot for a GT350 because it was more of a specialty car.

For a buyer who doesn't plan on tracking the car, a tech package (aka "convenience package") GT350 could be a great deal. The tech cars have an appeal because of the more comfortable seats that are heated and cooled, although some prefer the Recaros, of course.
Sponsored