Sponsored

What should be my fair asking price on 1 month old GT350 Track?

BadLuckBrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Skateboard GT with 22" spinnaz
Hey peeps... relatively new here and already looking towards the door :( - but not for lack of love for my first Ford and GT350 at that! Unfortunate and unpredictable circumstances dictate that I either sell GT350 or sell my daily driver - Wrangler. Since I live on the East Coast in snowpocalypse zone, Wrangler is a more practical DD choice, despite all the fun I have in GT350.

I have owned the car for the last month or so and already put on 2500 miles (drove to Canada twice - AWESOME TIME!). Unfortunately, in that time some a$$hole decided to congratulate me by slightly vandalizing my car on the parking lot - it has some small scuffs on rear bumper, tail light, rear quarter panel, and even on trunk lid, under spoiler edge. All are small, but deep enough to give body men pause and 2 out of 3 I asked said it might require re-paint. It's not very noticeable, especially when dirty, but still - lucky for vandal, I didn't catch him/her in the act... or I'd still be in jail now.

Anywho. What should be my fair asking price when selling it? It's a track package, blue, with black top/stripes.

p.s. The 3rd guy I spoke at the body shop said he thinks he can take care of it without re-painting and while it won't look 100%, he is confident he can make it barely noticeable. Otherwise, to do a full job in a shop that handles high-end exotics, it will cost about $2K. If I take a severe beating on the price, I will consider keeping it and selling Wrangler (which secretly, I do love) - I'll just buy a cheap beater for DD on bad weather days. However, I wonder how collectible are GT350's really and what will it do to the resale if I sell it in few years with say 20-30K on the ODO? Just not sure what to do at this point... sigh.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
In your situation I would have the damage repaired/replaced before attempting to sell. Take before and after pics and disclose what has been fixed. I think you will find that you'll establish good will with the potential purchaser as well as establish yourself as a responsible owner worthy of someone's trust in purchasing one of your possessions.

OP
OP

BadLuckBrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In your situation I would have the damage repaired/replaced before attempting to sell. Take before and after pics and disclose what has been fixed. I think you will find that you'll establish good will with the potential purchaser as well as establish yourself as a responsible owner worthy of someone's trust in purchasing one of your possessions.
I'm a bit f*d on this one... if I go via insurance company, it will be on Carfax (and re-painted). If I pay out of pocket, it will be about $2K and rear bumper cover, quarter panel, and possibly rear deck lid will have to be painted - but no Carfax.... What's worse - carfax ding or undeclared re-paint (as documented as can be)?

Grunholle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
///M
I would try going with the guy who said he could do it without repainting, do it out of pocket and see how it turns out as a first step, regardless if you keep or sell it.

Not knowing your situation financially with the car, if you paid an ADM or not, have a loan, etc, it does sound like you enjoy it. Everyone is going to have an opinion on it's value down the road but I'll gamble to say that these cars will have a very slowed depreciation if Ford decides to end the run after 2017 production, which is up for debate at this point. If it goes on into 2018 production look for depreciation to occur even quicker.

On the flip side, now is probably the best time to sell if you have an inkling to do so, demand is still rather high for non-Rs and it's probably the only period where you'll be able to get out of it fairly unscathed, especially since you have a lower-produced Track Pack car.

Sounds like you need to figure out how much you enjoy driving the car! If it was me it'd be a no-brainer to keep it and swap the wrangler with something else. :)

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Before attempting to have it repaired, I would probably shop it around to dealerships, especially ones with a GT350 advertised for a high ADM, to see what they would be willing to offer.

If I were to buy used, I might want to take it with the scratches present, and then repair to my own standards (I might rather do a full repaint, then to do something almost (but not quite) as good).

Also, if you have a dealer asking $$$ ADM, then they might also be willing to pay a very good price for a slightly used vehicle.

-T

Sponsored

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Go to the guy who doesn't need to repaint, after that either keep it or list it at 67k.

OP
OP

BadLuckBrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would try going with the guy who said he could do it without repainting, do it out of pocket and see how it turns out as a first step, regardless if you keep or sell it.

Not knowing your situation financially with the car, if you paid an ADM or not, have a loan, etc, it does sound like you enjoy it. Everyone is going to have an opinion on it's value down the road but I'll gamble to say that these cars will have a very slowed depreciation if Ford decides to end the run after 2017 production, which is up for debate at this point. If it goes on into 2018 production look for depreciation to occur even quicker.

On the flip side, now is probably the best time to sell if you have an inkling to do so, demand is still rather high for non-Rs and it's probably the only period where you'll be able to get out of it fairly unscathed, especially since you have a lower-produced Track Pack car.

Sounds like you need to figure out how much you enjoy driving the car! If it was me it'd be a no-brainer to keep it and swap the wrangler with something else. :)
That's a tough decision... I got a Wrangler Altitude in Hydra Blue which was also rare AF and I had to drive to another state to get it. I love going off the beaten path, but I do concede that I would have serious reservations about taking it for some hard-core off-roading that would damage the paint. I also like the fact that it's stick, can fit 4 people (and some stuff) and can go completely topless. Plus I don't worry when I park it or take it anywhere - thanks to running boards, it keeps door dingers at bay. With Shelby, I'm always freaking out about parking it, entering/exiting steep ramps, etc. Not to mention that it's hard to drive GT350 at reasonable speeds. I even got pulled over for speeding on my maiden voyage. NYSP trooper decided to be "nice" and gave me a seatbelt ticket instead of 23MPH over speed limit + Points. Never had that issue in Jeep, despite doing 80MPH most of the time.

OP
OP

BadLuckBrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Before attempting to have it repaired, I would probably shop it around to dealerships, especially ones with a GT350 advertised for a high ADM, to see what they would be willing to offer.

If I were to buy used, I might want to take it with the scratches present, and then repair to my own standards (I might rather do a full repaint, then to do something almost (but not quite) as good).

Also, if you have a dealer asking $$$ ADM, then they might also be willing to pay a very good price for a slightly used vehicle.

-T
Unfortunately, I doubt dealers will give me a fair trade in...

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Dude,

Get the damage repaired, it was a 2K lesson. I don't know what you paid for it, but you could probably get maybe 60K for it if someone wants it that bad. The sooner the better.

Don't go the insurance route, for obvious reasons. Me personally, I try not to take my car anywhere that I have to park it. That being said, if I do have to park it, it is away from everyone else. People see a nice car and then realize what a shitty life they have. Then they take it out on your car.

If yours is a DD, then you just have to expect it and take your lumps. Yep, they are @ssholes, but deep down, you know something like this is eventually going to happen.

OP
OP

BadLuckBrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude,

Get the damage repaired, it was a 2K lesson. I don't know what you paid for it, but you could probably get maybe 60K for it if someone wants it that bad. The sooner the better.

Don't go the insurance route, for obvious reasons. Me personally, I don't take my car anywhere that I have to park it. People see a nice car and then realize what a shitty life they have. Then they take it out on your car.

If yours is a DD, then you just have to expect it and take your lumps. Yep, they are @ssholes, but deep down, you know something like this is eventually going to happen.
I owned a GT-R and it didn't happen. Speaking of that, sounds like a new topic - daily driving GT350 yai/nai?

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I would take it to the guy to try to buff out/touch up as much as possible then list it for 60-65k. Agree with what others said about trying to get high ADM dealers to buy it.

OP
OP

BadLuckBrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for suggestions folks, will get the ball rolling on this.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
good luck matching DIB without blending.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would probably just drive the car as is. But then I have a gravel driveway and I'm resigned that my car will never be clean for more than a couple minutes at a time. I also drive mine in the winter, so it gets exposed to salt. I also park among the "normal folks" when I go to any store - risking door dings - and it sits outside by my work most every day.

By my way of thinking scuffs and damage are just normal wear and tear on a car. Now that you have a scrape on it you can just drive and have fun rather than worry about every little thing.

If you absolutely must sell it, try a dealer first prior to repair. They have their own paint repair guys on salary, so they can work repairs in at very little cost to them. Since you've gone on long road trips with it previously, you could shop it to a non-local dealer that is on one of the coasts where people make a lot of money. Those dealers can probably sell it way over MSRP and their offer should reflect that.

OP
OP

BadLuckBrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)