Sponsored

Purchased Orange Fury PP2 (Tremor Pack) last Monday - The first PP2 to be purchased!

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Yes they do. They had two total. The only other one I am aware of is Gaplin Ford has a gray one. My dealer said he believes there is a 4th but I didn't quite get the name of that dealership or where they were. At least 3 were sent out to high volume dealers, there may be more hiding among the cars at other dealers.
There have been photos of a Red, Orange, Grey and Black one. The Red was the first spotted, Grey 2nd, Orange and black were the 3rd/4th.

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
That wheel design is by far my favorite that they've made for the S550. Congrats on the purchase, super cool you can say you've got the first one.

I would've never imagined Ford (or any other major manufacturer) giving pre-pro cars to dealers to sell. Like Blown_90LX said, I wonder what they're trying to accomplish. Seems they already have something to put on their list of lessons learned: "make sure car leaves factory with correct spoiler" haha.

PortalMaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Lexus IS300 AWD
Congrats on being the first PP2 owner! :headbang:

The dealer has another one in black still for sale.
Yeah, it was linked/posted previously in the main PP2 thread. Also, you can see the front of it in OP's post.

IMG_0325.jpg

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
There have been photos of a Red, Orange, Grey and Black one. The Red was the first spotted, Grey 2nd, Orange and black were the 3rd/4th.
Ok, I bet the red one was the one that my dealer said he heard of as the 4th one out there, but don't recall where this one was.

Sponsored

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
It’s a preproduction build, was going to order one and saw posts that a few went to high volume dealers as early builds. Two were near me in Dallas so I went to check it out and came home with her. It is a premium with the 401 package so I have the leather heated/cooled seats, other options are active exhaust, Orange fury paint and of course PP2.
Did Ford say these few cars are "preproduction"? I ask because, technically, that means these shouldn't have gone to be sold to customers; likely production examples to be driven by Ford in their test fleet. If they are not actual "preproduction" and just saleable units that were supposed to be held until released by the plant/Ford, that makes more sense.

If true "preproduction"... That's pretty rare.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
.The normal steering mode was more comfortable for highway driving as there are a lot of textured spots and work on I-20 that having a little looser steering feel was more comfortable. Around town, I'd prefer the sport steering with a bit tighter feel.
Congrats on the new ride. My '15 came from the same dealer. On those FM roads out here, I use comfort mode steering. at times. Now all you need to do is find some good twisty roads.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Update! Confirmed that rear spoiler is wrong (as we all assumed), the production spoiler is like the media pictures and is being shipped to my dealer to have installed. Once the new spoiler and splitter are in, I will take her over and have them installed. Ford reached out before I had to inquire directly. Also, Ford confirmed I am the first owner of a 2018 PP2 Mustang this afternoon and will be reaching out for an interview! More to come.....
First, congrats on the car! It looks amazing! Can you ask Ford about some specifics regarding the changes they made to the steering rack for the PP2?

OP
OP

Infidex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT w/ Tremor Package (PP2)
First, congrats on the car! It looks amazing! Can you ask Ford about some specifics regarding the changes they made to the steering rack for the PP2?
Will ask and see what they say when I talk to them!

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I did not drive the PP1, so unfortunately can't comment on the difference in ride quality.
Too bad you're like ten hours south of me or I'd meet you so we could swap cars and comment on the differences!

Did Ford say these few cars are "preproduction"? I ask because, technically, that means these shouldn't have gone to be sold to customers; likely production examples to be driven by Ford in their test fleet. If they are not actual "preproduction" and just saleable units that were supposed to be held until released by the plant/Ford, that makes more sense.

If true "preproduction"... That's pretty rare.
I think that word is getting used loosely by everyone involved. I'd say this car is a production 2018, but a preproduction PP2.

Actual preproduction cars generally can't be sold and end up getting crushed.

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Good job you got a PP2 and I can't get my PP1. Love the wheels!:cheers:
Lee

MustangPhil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, Magnetic, Black pack, Auto
My question is why? This car has to be close enough to the GT350 in price.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
My question is why? This car has to be close enough to the GT350 in price.
Not everyone gives a shit about Shelby.

Lower price
Lower insurance price
Likely a lower overall ownership cost
5.0 has a larger aftermarket than the 5.2