Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ford has stopped production of GT350Rs during the winter in past years.
Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Ford has stopped production of GT350Rs during the winter in past years.
I believe they are doing that this year also. I think production stopped a little bit ago or is stopping soon.

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
The note in the manual about the extra coolers recommended for track days is a mystery and a show stopper for me. Just make the coolers part of PP2 if needs them.
I guess Ford didn't learn anything with the GT350. The PP2 should have a similar performance on track as the SS 1LE without adding aftermarket parts or whats the point
Capture1.JPG

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
The note in the manual about the extra coolers recommended for track days is a mystery and a show stopper for me. Just make the coolers part of PP2 if needs them.
I guess Ford didn't learn anything with the GT350. The PP2 should have a similar performance on track as the SS 1LE without adding aftermarket parts or whats the point
I think the point is, if you want an all out track car, buy the GT350 with coolers. Ford doesn't make money on selling track cars. For those where it's a show stopper and cant afford the GT350, buy the 1LE.

Does it suck for some...sure it does. In all reality though, none in here knows how easily the PP2s will go into limp mode.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I think the point is, if you want an all out track car, buy the GT350 with coolers. Ford doesn't make money on selling track cars. For those where it's a show stopper and cant afford the GT350, buy the 1LE.

Does it suck for some...sure it does. In all reality though, none in here knows how easily the PP2s will go into limp mode.
It's probably also that Ford knows a huge majority of the cars will never be tracked or only see some AutoX or 1/4 passes.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
It's probably also that Ford knows a huge majority of the cars will never be tracked or only see some AutoX or 1/4 passes.
They knew this about the "tech" pack cars, too...Turns out they were right. The few people who actually wanted to track the cars disappeared or bought track packs/Rs and the other people who wanted to complain but never planned to track their cars or even experienced any limp mode at all, signed up for a class-action lawsuit.

Welcome to living in 2017...where we have access to every piece of information ever produced for anything we ever want to know - but still everything is everyone elses fault.

Swamp-Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty
So there’s all kinds of things I don’t know, but it seems to me that Ford Performance has a business opportunity to sell some Ford-engineered and branded transmission and differential cooling kits designed specifically to work with PP1 and PP2 2018 Mustangs. If the juice is worth the squeeze for a specially designed Ford Performance/Roush supercharger, then it might also be worthwhile for other pieces that will help a car’s drive train effectively deal with all that extra horsepower. I’d hope that at the very least there’s some numbers-crunching type at Ford HQ doing the figuring to see if there’s a business case for such a move.

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Mustang Bullitt K-3298
This is nice. Do you all know the price of the GT PP2 red model car? Looks like a different recaro seats than a standard recaro offered in premium 401A option Thanks

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra
Well at least the roush supercharger comes with a pump, heat exchanger and reservoir. I'm seriously thinking about getting one for my car but I guess I gotta get the car first. It'd be like a poor man's Cobra.
:headbang: I’m on the same plan, though looking at Edelbrock and Whipple now instead (seems Roush detunes the life out of it).

Can anyone confirm the cloth Recaros come standard on PP2? Didn’t see anything definitive yet...

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
:headbang: I’m on the same plan, though looking at Edelbrock and Whipple now instead (seems Roush detunes the life out of it).

Can anyone confirm the cloth Recaros come standard on PP2? Didn’t see anything definitive yet...
They are a free option.

Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
As Time Goes By!

The Roush is a good unit ...But you have to send your ECU to them to have it reprogramed. They do provide paid turn around. Now on the otherhand the Edelbrock has everything you need, fits like a glove, with tons of power down low as well as upstairs..... Did I mention I have one sitting on my garage floor waiting for my car which is awaiting shipment and for me to install the supercharger.

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Mustang Bullitt K-3298
GTPP2 is $44495 base, add $2000 for premium, $2200 for 401a and $1700 for leather recaros. $50,400 for as shown.
Thank you. does your price include destination and delivery? I just tried putting the options in the site, I got to your number really close, should it be more like 51,185? Here is my breakdown GT premium 39,095 PP2 6,500 Active exh 895 premium plus dig cluster 2,200 leather recaro 1,595 destination 900

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
They are a free option.
$44495 with cloth Recaros seems pretty good. It's $43695 for a base with magnaride (which includes 301A and Perf Pack), so if that quoted pricing is correct, PP2 is only a tad over $1000 more.

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra
The Roush is a good unit ...But you have to send your ECU to them to have it reprogramed. They do provide paid turn around. Now on the otherhand the Edelbrock has everything you need, fits like a glove, with tons of power down low as well as upstairs..... Did I mention I have one sitting on my garage floor waiting for my car which is awaiting shipment and for me to install the supercharger.
Hell yeah - I’m with you. Edelbrock is the most underrated unit on the market but they were a full design iteration ahead of the others which are now catching up. I’m still between them and Whipple, which is also a great Unit. The arrogant Whipple rep who posts on M6G has me leaning toward edelbrock though b/c he makes the company look horribly unprofessional from customer service perspective.

Back to PP2 - Like others have suggested, I think PP2 is best non-Shelby platform to build up a sub $100k S550 that will likely run with upcoming GT500 at a fraction of the cost (though likely not stop as well - based on those leaked rotor images...damn, they’re bigger than toilet seat covers!).

Last edited:

Swamp-Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty
While this is admittedly trivial, I sort of have morbid curiosity about what the “custom graphics” part is of the PP2 deal. Hopefully it isn’t a great big “TREMOR” decal pasted across the hood or the rear quarter panels.
Sponsored

Last edited: