Sponsored

2018 Mustang Performance Package Level 2 (PP2) "Tremor Package" Contents Revealed

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
No idea, my comment was just in response to Grimace427s comment about forged wheels.
Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Do we know for sure if the OEM PP2 wheels are forged? That would be great if true.
I don't think there has been any official info on this. I'd be surprised if they are forged.

It'd be nice to get some details on the steering changes as well. A quicker steering rack would be great.

mikeyjobu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I feel like trying to eat healthier is expensive and part of that is the "rabbit" food. :D
If you shop where I do, that can be true.

The PP2 is designed for road course performance not drag racing. If you are doing a lot of drag racing the PP1 and 10 speed auto is your best bet. However you could always do the old trick of over inflating the front tires a bit and take a few pounds out of the rear.
I'm not going to be doing a lot of anything - but I want to be able to take my car to certain numbers, not for any good, justifiable reason -- just because. The GT350 is a crappy drag racer too -- but people still want to see what they can do to 60 and in the quarter. I'm pretty happy with where I have my '15, but more is more.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
What kind of price quotes you getting?
So far not a single dealers responded but it's only been about 18hrs. I emailed 10 in my area.

I'm going to rule out any that tack on "dealer" packages or crazy high paper work costs.

I'm asking for:
PP2
401a
Shaker system
Active Exh.
Security pkg.

Should come to around 50 or so MSRP. I want to see if anyone beats x-plan first.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
So far not a single dealers responded but it's only been about 18hrs. I emailed 10 in my area.

I'm going to rule out any that tack on "dealer" packages or crazy high paper work costs.

I'm asking for:
PP2
401a
Shaker system
Active Exh.
Security pkg.

Should come to around 50 or so MSRP. I want to see if anyone beats x-plan first.
Tried that in my area and didn't get a single bite with 7 dealers. Settled on x-plan and current incentives with the closest one to my location. IIRC X-plan limits all dealer fees not listed on the invoice to $100.

Document Fees
Dealers will be permitted to assess up to $100 in documentary fees on each delivery to an eligible purchaser under the terms of the Plan, unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation. Each dealer is responsible for complying with applicable laws or regulations.
Unless otherwise provided by state or local laws or regulation: In states where dealers are not permitted to charge as much as $100 for doc fees, dealers would be capped at the lesser amount as provided by the state. In states that permitted more than $100, dealers would be permitted to charge the Plan customer $100. In states that permitted more than $100 and also required that all customers be charged the same amount, dealers may charge the Plan customer $100 and indicate any additional fees have been paid by Ford Motor Company or Lincoln Motor Company as part of the AXZD-Plan Program dealer reimbursement on the buyer's order.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Comparing the weight of OEM to aftermarket forged wheels isn't a great example.

OEM wheels are heavier because they have much higher standard for deflection and impact resistance than aftermarket wheels.
Do we know for sure if the OEM PP2 wheels are forged? That would be great if true.
No idea, my comment was just in response to Grimace427s comment about forged wheels.

I could be wrong, or the place I read it was inaccurate(like the first order guides). However, if it turns out to be correct and they are forged I've seen too many people look at that word and assume that means lightweight because of aftermarket offerings. With the information I have at this moment I'm going to assume the PP2 wheels are very heavy relative to aftermarket forged wheels, even heavier perhaps than the current PP wheels(about 31-33lbs).

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
So far first response is 51.4K out the door including tax, tags ect. With what I priced out on Fords site it would be 53,932 with tax so it's about 2,500 less than I expected after tax/tags. Not factoring x-plan.

I'm going to talk to them on Friday after work. Want to make sure it was priced with the PP2, (should be I gave them the code for it). If so then that's not a bad price.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I could be wrong, or the place I read it was inaccurate(like the first order guides). However, if it turns out to be correct and they are forged I've seen too many people look at that word and assume that means lightweight because of aftermarket offerings. With the information I have at this moment I'm going to assume the PP2 wheels are very heavy relative to aftermarket forged wheels, even heavier perhaps than the current PP wheels(about 31-33lbs).
This is true for the RS also. Forged wheels are 24 pounds roughly (19") with aftermarket being 20 pounds or so. Wider wheels on the Mustang obviously being even heavier.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I got you around $51k msrp. Whats your sales tax? I guess $51.4k OTD isnt to bad. I'm already shopping custom shift knobs you should check em out there's some nice ones being made by anarchy motive.
Tax for me is 6%.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
For anyone in the Mid-Atlantic region, I can refer you to the guy I ordered my car through. Should be able to easily beat invoice/X-Plan prices.

Sponsored

Doobie083

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Is anyone planning on downgrading the tires slightly? Super sports or 4S? I wish Ford would offer a different set of tires like they do with the Focus RS. Also, that seems like a lot of tire upfront... how bad do you think the tramlining is going to be. Maybe a 285/305 setup would be better?

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Is anyone planning on downgrading the tires slightly? Super sports or 4S? I wish Ford would offer a different set of tires like they do with the Focus RS. Also, that seems like a lot of tire upfront... how bad do you think the tramlining is going to be. Maybe a 285/305 setup would be better?
My Mach1 was bad in my area with 265 front and 335 rear. I imagine this will be comparable or only a little worse. I'm not to worried.

After I wear out the Cup 2's I my go down to a lower tire. Depends on if I feel its worth the price difference.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I will DD the car, so I am planning to switch to 4S tires right away (same size as the cup 2s).

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
I'm not getting a PP2 but I'm planning to get a PP1 Auto and buy the PP2 wheels and put GT350 spec MPSS on them. I've done some research and I think it's the best option for more street oriented tires that keep the same diameter as the original PP1 wheels.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am wondering what the ground clearance will be with OEM size tires. My 2015 PP was lowered 1 inch and I didn't have any issues daily driving it. Hopefully it's the same with the PP2.
Sponsored