Sponsored

Depressing Thread: How many have their GT350 tucked away for winter?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Just be grateful your temperatures aren't in the single digits. :)

30s/40s is pretty nice. Coats are barely needed.
Sponsored

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I hear ya Hack. I saw Soundgarden up there at the Orpheum in 2013. It never got above 3 degrees. I thought we were in Moscow.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
H6153 is riding out this snow safely in the garage. And she won't come out until the streets are clean. Now I just hope dec 29 will be a good day to drive from jersey to Lorton, VA to get on the autotrain - after that, 3+ months in sunny SW florida

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Mine is stored. It's on jackstands in the garage (I support the control arms so the shocks aren't at full droop). Will change the oil on it in the next couple weeks and put the tender on. Sometime before spring, I'll install the front tow hook. Otherwise, it's just waiting.

Winter tires are on the Fiesta ST for winter duty.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Not stored, but not driven that much. We don't have any snow (yet), but the temps have been below 40...I also have a lot going on with work, and traveling all over the place. I took it out on Friday to dinner. Temps dipped into the mid 30's on the trip home. It was bone dry and I don't drive like an idiot so there was no drama. That was the first 20 or so miles the car has seen since sometime in early November maybe...

Sponsored

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The R up on jackstands on Steeda jacking rails with rims/tires off in basement. Will do a few mods over the winter though.:thumbsup:
20171118_153414 erere(002).jpg

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
H1845 is snoozing for a while. Very little snow so far, but morning temps have been mid 20's. WSDOT is using de-icer on the roads so even with afternoons in the 40's the car stays in the garage. My pickup can take the brunt of the corrosive stuff on the roads.

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
Mine was semi-parked for the winter, but I’ll be damned we have had a glorious run of weather up here in the PNW. Freezing temps that reach mid-40s during the day allowed for an epic winter track day yesterday! Had a blast and was so happy to break the track hibernation that typically goes from October to April.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Mine was semi-parked for the winter, but I’ll be damned we have had a glorious run of weather up here in the PNW. Freezing temps that reach mid-40s during the day allowed for an epic winter track day yesterday! Had a blast and was so happy to break the track hibernation that typically goes from October to April.
Tempting but only two problems with that. One, all the rocks and gravel already laid on the road from earlier snow. Two, insurance is on hold until March.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I know a bunch of you guys are hardcore and just swap onto snow tires and drive your GT350s throughout the winter, but I just can't bear subjecting my nice cars to the salt, sand, gravel, and de-icer that they use on the roads here in northern Illinois. Sometimes, I think the county highway department guys have a brother-in-law who sells road salt, the way they spread the stuff so thick!!!

Sponsored

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be in Chicago this weekend for FOBAB.

on topic...the salt and the brine they lay down on the roads here in iowa just destroys vehicles. So she'll be put away and i'll start her and let idle for a little bit once a week.
Nope, if you don't take her out, don't start it. It creates a lot of condensation and there is no way to clear that out just sitting ... If you start it, drive it.

Also, mine is parked for now in the garage (salt is on the streets of Boston since Friday night) ; if weather ever clears and roads are dry, I try to take her out once a month at least.

Last edited:

DUJALA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-LB w/Black OTT
Put H2346 up on flat stoppers and covered on 12/3. Battery will be pulled soon and stored down in the basement with a tender once or twice a month
until spring.

Also I second what Torque said. If you start it drive it, otherwise leave it off.

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Definitely on the don't idle it in the garage. Does no good, only harm. An engine can sit happily for a few months without use. Exhaust rusting from the inside out is no fun.

r1racer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Change the oil, start it up every few days and go through the gears and you don't need a tender.

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
I got 6 inches of snow on saturday night. Good thing I filled the tank on Thursday. My R will not be seeing the street until March/April.

As for the tender, I had to get one for my 99 RT/10 viper. The thing would just drian the battery every winter. The thing wasn't even alarmed or anything. I hope that doesn't happen to the R. I guess come spring I will find out.
Sponsored