The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So, I've just come off the dyno (not literally) I'll set the scene and go form there with figures, on work PC so no graph but I've got it on my phone next to me so can write it out word for word!

Info

Dyno: Maha 2 Dyno, 4wd, running obviously on the rear rollers, two contact points.
Day: Dyno Day with overclockers UK, was third car to run.
Mods to engine: Denso itv22 plugs, ETS intercooler, Air Raid Intake Tube, Velossa Tech Ram Air Intake, K&N Panel filter, Tune+ Wastegate Actuator, Cobb Downpipe with High Flow cat (re-engineered to fit a RHD), Magnaflow Competition Cat Back, @Tune+ Tuned (Revised and set in stone)
Mods to mechanical shiz: Pedders XA Coilovers, Steeda Billet IRS inserts and poly inserts, Michelin Pilot Super Sport rear wheels, Rotiform R122 SPF Alloys (Lighter than stock), Mishimoto catch can. (PCV still in, not gutted, no check valve)
Fuel: Tesco Momentum 99 (Filled up to full tank before)
Tyre pressures; 32 on rears.

Figures info:
1) Ignore the wheel horse power, it's way off, the maha dyno doesn't calculate wheel accurately, if you want that I'm gonna have to sit on a hub dyno.
2) Engine horse power is correct, it's logged V8s at list BHP (410-415 on 5 different V8s)
3) I don't have a pre mod comparison because I'm stupid, but i'll find an unmodded EB and ask if they can run it to get a brief comparison, last time I went I'd already done a few mods so wouldn't have been fair.
4) It sat at 100mph to warm upm then failed 4 dyno runs due to the car shutting off, as ESC wasn't off, figures on graph are after the third run. Car peaked each run over 170mph
5) yes my turbo and downpipe went red hot :love:

Numbers:
_____Run 1__ - ____run 2_____ - _____run 3___
355bhp/396lbft - 351bhp/392lbft - 356bhp/391lbft

Final log (Graphed):
Corrected engine bhp: 356.9bhp/266.1 KW
Engine Power: 348.2bhp/259.7kw
Wheel power (as above, ignore it): 275.4/205.4kw
Drag power: 72.8bhp/54.3kw
Max power at: 5825/134.3mph
toque: 391.2lbf.ft
Max torque at: 3805rpm / 87.6mph
Max attained RPM: 7445rpm / 171.6mph

Ambient Temp: 17.1c
Intake air temp 20.2c
Relative humidity: 61.5%
Air pressure: 988.8hPa
Steam pressure 12.0 hPa

Rotating total mass: 683.4lb
Rotating test stand mass: 551.2lb
Rotating Vehicle mass: 132.3lb

Will post a graph in the replies from phone unless it'll let me edit it (Bring back tapatalk lol)

Any of you lot wish to pass comments on these numbers etc, please feel free to. :thumbsup:

Edit: nope, aint uploading form phone, you'll have to wait a few hours for me to get home to do it :crazy:

edit 2: Got the graph
attachment.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f250 turbo diesel and 2016 mustang svo
I'm guessing the dyno was the trailer type or set in ground .? Not that it makes any difference , not bad numbers just run of the mill tune from what I seen and read . I would think your stuck with that BHP mate until you go auxiliary gas , meth, or bigger turbo. I get tuned on a mustang dyno here state side it is a heart breaker it only a tool , and the real way too tell how does it make you feel on your bottom when she kicks in at 3000 rpm the smile per mile:love:

I think my base line on similar dyno was 280 whp and 390 torque before I went ape shi_ with high flow head and big turbo and meth , and I always felt that 400 whp 400 torque I'm pushing it a little , And was the limit for this block before you need upgrade of internals 200 HP per liter is frick___ race car taritory mate, and well done..above:ford:

I would say you are very safe on that tune with your mod list go enjoy her mate ..

350 x 0.16 for drive trany loss for 56 more to the crank .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] it was set in the ground. It's a protune, but an E-Tune naturally.

No chance of aux gas out here, we've got no E fuels in the UK, or meth which is race car stuff. This is my daily.

Your base line as in, with FBO or pre bolt ons? I assume that's with, as 390 torque is huge for a stocker lol!

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] it was set in the ground. It's a protune, but an E-Tune naturally.

No chance of aux gas out here, we've got no E fuels in the UK, or meth which is race car stuff. This is my daily.

Your base line as in, with FBO or pre bolt ons? I assume that's with, as 390 torque is huge for a stocker lol!
Sorry mate that was with no intercooler but yes almost full bolt on . I should of put the intercooler first mod ! I thought here in the northwest the temp are very mild but stock one is crappy product mate.

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pre bolt on was 255whp 280 torque for a stock motor base line mustang dyno #.:doh: so your 100 hp 100 torque better than a stocker nice gt without the noise.lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] I left the IC as late as I could and did IC, WGA and Downpipe together. It was a case of feck it, do it all in one lol.

Be careful with the comparison, you're saying stock did 255 wheel horses. My cars running 357 ENGINE horses, and in this specific test (with 2 contact points more resistance yada yada) 275whp. What was your engine horses from the stocker? c285's?

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I think that dyno does read low at the wheels.
AM got 272/290 whp/tq out of a stock eb (go to 3:13)
Stage 3 motorsports got nearly identical numbers 275/290 http://www.stage3motorsports.com/2015-Mustang-EcoBoost-Dynos-Stock-COBB-Accessport-OTS-Tune.html
And finally Mototrend got between 256-279 whp and 287-295 wtq (4:08)

Steve I am absolutely certain you are putting down more power than that. I'm thinking you should find another Dyno to verify.
So only about a 10% driveline loss eh? That ain't too bad. The boost is pretty efficient.

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think that dyno does read low at the wheels.
AM got 272/290 whp/tq out of a stock eb (go to 3:13)
Stage 3 motorsports got nearly identical numbers 275/290 http://www.stage3motorsports.com/2015-Mustang-EcoBoost-Dynos-Stock-COBB-Accessport-OTS-Tune.html
And finally Mototrend got between 256-279 whp and 287-295 wtq (4:08)

Steve I am absolutely certain you are putting down more power than that. I'm thinking you should find another Dyno to verify.
Ignore the wheel figures, it's a twin contact (each wheel) dyno. it doesn't make good wheel figs. It makes accurate crank figs. Because of such WHP and Torque are down a bit.

jrock

The
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Blue EB
Vehicle Showcase
Not bad...:cheers:

picture.jpg

Sponsored

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=32046]trippleyelo[/MENTION] I left the IC as late as I could and did IC, WGA and Downpipe together. It was a case of feck it, do it all in one lol.

Be careful with the comparison, you're saying stock did 255 wheel horses. My cars running 357 ENGINE horses, and in this specific test (with 2 contact points more resistance yada yada) 275whp. What was your engine horses from the stocker? c285's?
No mate same dyno mustang 255whp 280torque base line stock no mods

Now with full bolt on vargas 2 and meth full flowing head 420whp 440 torque

OP
OP
Manders Mustang

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
No mate same dyno mustang 255whp 280torque base line stock no mods

Now with full bolt on vargas 2 and meth full flowing head 420whp 440 torque
I meant vs mine, not yours lol ;)!

You said I have +100 horses to what your base run was. However you compared your base WHEEL horsepower to my modded ENGINE horsepower ;)!

I think my wheel horses is between 300 and 320 depending on calculations. :thumbsup:

trippleyelo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant vs mine, not yours lol ;)!

You said I have +100 horses to what your base run was. However you compared your base WHEEL horsepower to my modded ENGINE horsepower ;)!

I think my wheel horses is between 300 and 320 depending on calculations. :thumbsup:
Yes.

Your eurostang

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
So only about a 10% driveline loss eh? That ain't too bad. The boost is pretty efficient.
Nah the driveline is still pretty old school and honestly a bit below average for a car in this segment (Sporty Coupes), I think the EBM was underrated just because of the huge variations in power small heavily boosted engines can have from one to the next based on fuel and temperature and, given how much cost and effort Ford put in DE-tuning the thing to not cannibalize the much more profitable GT, dropping the power a bit on paper is free, it's what they did to the v6. I'd say a bone stock EB is really about 320/340 at the crank with 93 before the IC heatsoaks

Ignore the wheel figures, it's a twin contact (each wheel) dyno. it doesn't make good wheel figs. It makes accurate crank figs. Because of such WHP and Torque are down a bit.
I've never seen that type of Dyno before, Still trying to wrap my head around it. I'll have to research it a bit.

Jonahbonah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I will be jumping on the dyno in two weeks or so as soon as my tune revisions are finished. I'll be doing two runs with intercooler and catless turboback on both 91 octane and straight e85 each. I'll be sure to post the results and graph after it's completed!
Sponsored