Anyone Dyno'd post tune

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Has anyone Dyno'd their ecoboost after tuning. I m curious how close the numbers are to the advertised numbers
Sponsored

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
You would have to do a before tune dyno pull as well to have baseline to compare it to...plus make sure the car was in the same gear, same transmission, sake fuel, etc..I understand why you are asking the question!:cheers:

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT SOLD-2015 Ecoboost SOLD
Remember when reading results it is important to know if the dyno was a "dynojet" or "mustang dyno"

Mustang dyno has nothing to do with mustang cars btw. They usually report lower numbers as they are measuring TRUE power to the ground.

I just did my mustang dyno on the EB today and came out with 296whp/345wtq. Multiply any mustang dyno results by 1.10 and that is roughly what the dynojet will be. See my build thread for my dyno results, video and mods.

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
Remember when reading results it is important to know if the dyno was a "dynojet" or "mustang dyno"

Multiply any mustang dyno results by 1.10 and that is roughly what the dynojet will be. See my build thread for my dyno results, video and mods.
Not always true, we have a local Mustang dyno that reads close on HP but way hi on torque. Use the numbers as a tool. I have been on many chassis dynos and a Dyno Dynamics Dyno does in fact read lower then others, but that does not indicate it is wrong... just a different reading.

OP I dyno'd my car with stock tune and MAP tune look here post 11
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24127

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not always true, we have a local Mustang dyno that reads close on HP but way hi on torque. Use the numbers as a tool. I have been on many chassis dynos and a Dyno Dynamics Dyno does in fact read lower then others, but that does not indicate it is wrong... just a different reading.

OP I dyno'd my car with stock tune and MAP tune look here post 11
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24127
Yah guess i am using our local mustang dyno as a reference. This dyno will almost always be spot on with a 1.10 factor to what a dynojet shows...at least from my experiences with this shop over the past 2 years

Sponsored

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Yah guess i am using our local mustang dyno as a reference. This dyno will almost always be spot on with a 1.10 factor to what a dynojet shows...at least from my experiences with this shop over the past 2 years
Most mustang dynos read low. If a shop calibrates theirs to read like a dynojet customers aren't getting correct numbers.

Renner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most mustang dynos read low. If a shop calibrates theirs to read like a dynojet customers aren't getting correct numbers.
Most people don't understand the difference between inertia dynos and those with eddy current brake load.

I know I am using mine for a baseline of improvements with mods...not bragging rights like a lot of people use them for. Numbers are useless if you don't have the driver mod to use them :)

Billy G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Guard Metallic PP Ordered: 1/23/15
I just did my mustang dyno on the EB today and came out with 296whp/345wtq. Multiply any mustang dyno results by 1.10 and that is roughly what the dynojet will be. See my build thread for my dyno results, video and mods.
I agree with Renner. I pulled today, too. My results were 285whp/314wtq. My mods are JLT intake and MAP custom tune. That's it. No DP, intercooler or plug change. I am pleased with those numbers. I know torque should be higher but it is what it is. They are only numbers. I expect to see a substantial increase when a DP is added. The car is a brute out of the hole. Much more torque than dyno showed (IMO). But as I said, I'm very satisfied.....;)

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
I agree with Renner. I pulled today, too. My results were 285whp/314wtq. My mods are JLT intake and MAP custom tune. That's it. No DP, intercooler or plug change. I am pleased with those numbers. I know torque should be higher but it is what it is. They are only numbers. I expect to see a substantial increase when a DP is added. The car is a brute out of the hole. Much more torque than dyno showed (IMO). But as I said, I'm very satisfied.....;)
Did you pull the fuse in the engine bay that MAP listed? if not your torque will be way down.

Sponsored

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
Why is that? Just curious.....
I'm not sure why, I can tell you my car was way down on Torque until I pulled the fuse.
Fuse in = 360ish ft lbs I don't remember the exact #'s but way down from what I thought it should have. Adam told me to pull the fuse and the torque jumped, interesting thing is the HP number was not down
Fuse out= 392 ft lbs

We have several chassis Dyno's here local, I'll do a couple runs on a AWD Mustang dyno and see how the numbers compare. The Dyno I'd like to put it on, is the loaded dyno I put my 2010 GT on once, I think they read a turbo car better because they can load up the turbo and hold and step RPM's

Last edited:

Jap Tuning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MT82 PP EcoBoost Mustang
Here is 1 of my graphs Bone stock vs Cobb @ factory 18-19psi and also a bit of tuning . The car has since made 310/395 with a bit of E30 , only mods are UPR Catless downpipe Cobb and Tune
11393346_1442654852719352_2132344802464174431_o.jpg
Sponsored