Sponsored

Interior Rattle - Dash - Passenger Side?

OP
OP

302toVoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In Sport Mode ... ALL THE TIME!
If you suspect anything related to a GT350's glovebox, don't forget about the small compartment inside the top of the box intended for the owners manual. It's got it's own door and latch.

I haven't had the annoying rattle, hope I never do :D
Totally forgot about the interior compartment, hmmmmmmm.... thanks!!
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I have it on both sides. The dealer took both doors a part and tightened everything but it didn't help. It's weird because if my wife sits in the car it goes away. It's really random and annoying. My 15 GT only had the headlight switch rattle.

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
[no this isn't the 1,800 - 2,500 RPM noise all our cars have]
Not to hijack, but ALL our cars have a dash noise driving through that rpm range? Mine certainly does (only in sport exhaust mode). I took it in for an oil change yesterday and had them check the noise with negative results. If they all do it I'll just accept it.

mustangenthusiast25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang Gt Premium
It's the plastic bezel that covers the dash gauges. Put your hand on it next time and you'll see if I'm right. I pulled mine off, massaged the clips and reinstalled and have not had a problem since.
How did you remove the bezel? Mine squeaks and the driver ac vent above the headlight switch rattles like crazy:frusty:

Rimox51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Mine rattles in a bunch of places. Annoying yes. This car just vibrates so I just ignore it.

Sponsored

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
I have a napkin shoved in my vent above the headlight switch for now. Need to address this with a real solution in Spring. This car just flat vibrates! The vibration (especially at 4K-5K rpm in entire dash), plus I'm starting to not enjoy the Recaros and liked my GT Premium interior, would be the only reasons I would ever consider going back to GT Premium.

I've also considered changing to a '17 or '18 (if they indeed build them) Convenience Pack, but refuse to lose money on this car and just assume I will unless I sell it outright and don't really want to deal with that. Just to not start any crazy value comments that I think it's worth MSRP or something, to me break even is $52K right now.

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)
Hey gang... so this is super annoying to me, I have an intermittent interior rattle and I can't quite figure out where it's coming from.

Passenger side, even on smooth road, from the glovebox area I think I get a light "tick tick tick tick tick" sound going down the road. [no this isn't the 1,800 - 2,500 RPM noise all our cars have]

Sometimes this rattle isn't there, other times it goes from a light tick to a louder plastic "tapping".

Anyone had to isolate an interior rattle similar to this? Any help is appreciated!

It's a real buzz kill every time I drive the car and hear this.

I go from "where the hell is that coming from?" to "Jesus, this thing cost $65K and I've got unidentified rattles, my $40K Boss 302 didn't do this" to "the build quality on the new car pisses me off so bad I'd rather just look at it than drive it and be pissed"
Any Resolution on this? I am still having this rattle near the glove box. Mine is also not the box itself as I have removed it and still have it.

HaleFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I have this issue as well. For me, the rattle definitely comes from the glove box area. If I push on the glove box release button (not enough to open the compartment but just enough to push the button in) the rattle goes away.

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS

youtube video re dash rattles
Hmmmm, covering holes in an electrical component may not be the smartest move. Thin rubber washers at the mounting points should be much easier and safer in the long run.

Sponsored

mephim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track (gone), 2019 GT350 (gone)

youtube video re dash rattles
Thanks. Saw this. The area of concern is on the passenger side of the cabin, however. Localized to the passenger side air bag/ glove box area.

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I stuck a bunch of thin sticky-backed felt onto pretty much all of the places where the brushed gray trim meets the panels underneath. Next to every clip the panel touches the dash itself and along the edges it touches other panels... The brushed gray panel pulls off fairly easily, but you have to open the glove box and remove the short triangular brushed gray trim piece.

No more rattles from the dash after that work.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I have the same issue. It's like a ticking, or plastic creaking sound. It comes and goes so I don't know if what I do fixes the problem for a short time, or if it just goes away on its on. I have found that when I rearrange the contents of my glove box it will sometimes stop the sound. Also if I press on the glove box, or the dash trim, it sometimes goes away. It's confusing because I'm not sure if it's the dash trim, or glove box, or what. Try taking everything out of your glove box for a day and see if it goes away.

SVTinAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2003 Lightning & ERA FE Cobra
One of the few advantages of getting older and having some associated hearing loss - my cars all sound drum-tight and rattle-free. :shrug:

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I have the same issue. It's like a ticking, or plastic creaking sound. It comes and goes so I don't know if what I do fixes the problem for a short time, or if it just goes away on its on. I have found that when I rearrange the contents of my glove box it will sometimes stop the sound. Also if I press on the glove box, or the dash trim, it sometimes goes away. It's confusing because I'm not sure if it's the dash trim, or glove box, or what. Try taking everything out of your glove box for a day and see if it goes away.
It's probably the brushed gray plastic thing. When you hear the noise, push on the trim above the glovebox push button or near the gauges. Those seemed to be the hotspots on my car.
Sponsored