So I think I will need to replace the motor | Currently at the Dealer

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
28%!?! Almost every three out of ten Camaros has its engine replaced? That seems like an insanely high number.
Was thinking the same thing, that seems a bit high of a number for engines alone, would be interesting to see where Harold got that number from.
Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
All it takes is a letter from a lawyer telling them to prove that the UPR catch can is going to exclude this car from coverage under the magnuson-moss Warranty Act. Ford most likely can't prove that and probably won't waste the resources trying to prove it. It won't cost much money to get a lawyer to write that letter maybe $500.

I mean for their claim to be correct that catch can should have been spilling oil all over the place. It would have been completely full if it was draining oil from the engine. That assertion by ford is absolutely ridiculous
Agreed about the catch can explanation, but we all (even Ford) knows it is a bullshit excuse/stalling tactic.

I don't know about only a letter getting this fixed. When I consulted my lemon law lawyer last year about my 16 he said Ford is known to be the hardest to deal with and they fight everything.
I would hope that is all it takes, but I'm obviously sceptical.

I did not say you in particular are being irrational, I was speaking in general to the thread. 28% engine related failures across all models of camaros, not engine replacements. I get that emotions are high but my point is this happens EVERYWHERE!!!! I deal with it on a daily basis with Army acft. I have dealt with it with many cars. Until someone is able to prove the engine replacement or failure rate of the Voodoo, saying it is a higher rate is pure speculation.
I get it, but this isn't an army/military aircraft. ;)

I drove for a living and now my job is logistics and fleet manager for my company. From my job and personal experience of millions of miles with cars, I've only heard of 3-4 engines blowing or needing to be replaced. I'm not saying to panic, but I don't think it is speculation anymore that the Voodoo has a higher rate of replacement for a bunch of different reasons. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
My sons warranty was denied on his new at the time SVT Focus because he had stickers on it. They claimed he must have raced it. Neither family has bought a Ford since until now. Sadly it seems Ford hasn't changed their shoddy business practices.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I did after I got it back for the trans thats when started and filed legal. I haven't had it back long since than and its been back in the shop twice the latest with the engine. Again my car only has 2,600- miles on the odometer its a 2016 bought July 2016 just before 17's came out. That was a tough decision to file because I truly love my GT350 although having very limited use and all these problems. I went to the Los Angeles auto show in Nov 2014 to see the GT350 when it premiered and waited until I could get one. By that I mean availability not financially.
Why didn't you start lemon law once the transmission repair exceeded 30 days? Now it will be more difficult.

As far as the engine, that sounds like finger pointing between Ford and the dealership. Why is dealership saying they are not responsible? Sounds like they slopped the oil filter install.

Sponsored

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
As I read through this thread it seems clear to me that much of the negativity would be negated if Ford would truly stand behind the product with actions rather than words they must be forced to honor. I realize this may be an apples to oranges comparison but here goes anyway. Porsche had the well documented engine fire/failure of GT3 engines. They issued a recall worldwide and replaced all defective engines. Now I am not in any way suggesting Ford replace all our engines as a matter of course but for any owners that have experienced engine failure and not invalidated the warranty, a replacement engine should be approved and at the highest priority level possible. Similar to my GT3 example, these are high profile limited production image cars for the manufacturer and owners (actually all customers) deserve to be treated well. This is just my opinion, others may disagree. I just think good will from the auto maker goes a long way to fostering a relationship even when the product fails.

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Gentlemen no need for arguments, as for the lawyer my uncle is one so im covered there should i need to go that route.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I just wonder what the state of these engines are going to be like in, say, another 3-5 years of use.

Will the failure rate increase dramatically, or stay the same? No crystal ball, but something seems suspect here....
Well, the fact they ditched the FPC and went to a CPC in the GT4 says a lot about the FPC's durability.

Lurker_350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Tech
Well, the fact they ditched the FPC and went to a CPC in the GT4 says a lot about the FPC's durability.
OFF TOPIC - I actually spoke to Dean Martin and Jack Roush Jr. at COTA during the IMSA races about it. Their statement mostly concerned the GT350R-C headers (not oem I believe) shaking apart due to removing most of the damping items in order to save weight. They did not have anything negative to say about the FPC engine itself. I do realize that they weren't running the GT350R-C last year in the CTSCC, but I'm sure they were privy to information from Multimatic.

Their opinion was that the engine should be fine for track/street duty when not tinkered with (i.e., don't remove dampers/mass). I agree that there seem to be a large number of failures in non-abused GT350 engines, though I'm not sure how much is directly caused by the FPC architecture. Lots of other engines have had failures in the past - WRX (prior car) pistons, for example, have a high failure rate, but those appeared to be abused or modified.

Back to scheduled programming....

Good luck Paul!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Gentlemen no need for arguments, as for the lawyer my uncle is one so im covered there should i need to go that route.
I think we all can agree that you must be taken care of. It is a painful process but at the end I was taken care. I am willing to bet you will be too. PM me if you have any questions pertaining to the claims and buy back process. I did not use a lawyer and succeeded.

Sponsored

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
As I read through this thread it seems clear to me that much of the negativity would be negated if Ford would truly stand behind the product with actions rather than words they must be forced to honor. I realize this may be an apples to oranges comparison but here goes anyway. Porsche had the well documented engine fire/failure of GT3 engines. They issued a recall worldwide and replaced all defective engines. Now I am not in any way suggesting Ford replace all our engines as a matter of course but for any owners that have experienced engine failure and not invalidated the warranty, a replacement engine should be approved and at the highest priority level possible. Similar to my GT3 example, these are high profile limited production image cars for the manufacturer and owners (actually all customers) deserve to be treated well. This is just my opinion, others may disagree. I just think good will from the auto maker goes a long way to fostering a relationship even when the product fails.
I would like to add that Porsche also extended the powertrain warranty to 10years or 120K miles to prove they stand behind their product after the failures.

https://drivetribe.com/p/porsches-new-engine-warranty-for-LWm58gWESCiDtpNLVa2P0Q?iid=ZT1OWE49Tc2185ENgeNIPA

I've previously owned a Porsche 996 C2 and service was absolutely phenomenal. Not saying Ford should do the same but damn at least acknowledge your customers instead of doubling down shutting out the very people that give you money to keep the doors open on your company

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
I would like to add that Porsche also extended the powertrain warranty to 10years or 120K miles to prove they stand behind their product after the failures.
...unless your Porsche happens to have an IMS... :rant: Not a great example...

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Even Kia is giving a new engine or extended warranty to all those 140,000 or so affected cars. Issue with how crankshaft was machined.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This really sucks Paul.
Good luck and we're rooting for you bro!

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
Just so you know, if Uncle Perry Mason doesn't want to take the case, there are probably many hundreds or thousands of consumer law attorneys in the greater SmelLA area that would take your case on a contingency basis.

Also, since everyone is telling their lawsuit stories, here's mine...I sued Ford and the selling dealer over my GT350 and it took something like 18 months for it to get settled. Then I dumped all three of my Ford vehicles in as many days and moved on to a Jeep Grand Cherokee. No coolers in that one either but it has skid plates and I love it! Suck my balls Ford!
Sponsored