So I think I will need to replace the motor | Currently at the Dealer

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Wow i'm starting to get worried next time i drive the car, so many things that can go wrong with this car, scary stuff.
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Damn, some crazy and maddening stuff going on here. Ford isnt reckless with their approach. They are calculated. The legal process is slow and tedious which wears down many Plaintiffs. They take less or sometimes nothing at all. Sucks, but this is the American Legal System... Good luck all.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Wow i'm starting to get worried next time i drive the car, so many things that can go wrong with this car, scary stuff.
The funny thing is they just keep building them. In my line of work, if I have the opportunity to cut off a money pit, I do it. I love the car, but the pros and cons of the FPC VS CPC, I would have just taken a CPC.
I'll be getting the extended warranty plan today.

Edit: Just got the 8 year plan at 36,000 miles for $550. Good enough, I don't plan on putting a whole lot of miles on it...but I'd like to get 8 years with it.

Last edited:

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
The funny thing is they just keep building them. In my line of work, if I have the opportunity to cut off a money pit, I do it. I love the car, but the pros and cons of the FPC VS CPC, I would have just taken a CPC.
I'll be getting the extended warranty plan today.
YUP! I have the 7 year 100k miles from Ford.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sorry to hear, Paul. What a crock... :tsk:

I would be well beyond livid, hope it works out.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
Everything breaks, but this seems like a higher rate than normal IMO.

Have you ever had two engines take a dump on you in any other car, especially new ones?
I have not. But my research shows that failures happen to all manufactures. 2016 Camaros have a 28% engine failure rate vs Mustangs 8%. It varies by model year, design, use, etc. I shared the article to add context and enlighten. I have personally gone through the gauntlet when it comes to the GT350, I get it. But lets be rationale. The tone of many similar threads starts of as informational and barrel roll into "scary stiff". My point, this is most likely a miscommunication between ford and the dealer. I am pretty ceratain that if no worn doing is found the engine will be replaced. Ford eventually offered to buy back my track pack after 1 engine failure/waranty replacement and a cracked block.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Everything breaks, but this seems like a higher rate than normal IMO.

Have you ever had two engines take a dump on you in any other car, especially new ones?
I think everybody gets that but the problem in this situation is supposedly ford is denying any warranty repair utilizing some ridiculous argument based on UPR catch cans. I don't think this would even be an issue with ford authorized a warranty repair. Seems to me their reasons for excluding it from a warranty repair are complete crap. In the end he will win this but he might have to lawyer up to do it.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And in order for them to negate the warranty they actually have to prove that the cause of the failure was specifically due to the UPR catch can. I highly doubt they can actually do this. For that reason he is going to win his claim.

If on the other hand his ECU is flashed or tuned, I would imagine that Ford would have a much easier time denying a claim.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I have not. But my research shows that failures happen to all manufactures. 2016 Camaros have a 28% engine failure rate vs Mustangs 8%. It varies by model year, design, use, etc. I shared the article to add context and enlighten. I have personally gone through the gauntlet when it comes to the GT350, I get it. But lets be rationale. The tone of many similar threads starts of as informational and barrel roll into "scary stiff".
I think I am being rational. Let's also not be in denial about it either. The Voodoo definitely seems it is more susceptible to engine failures for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't call it scary, but it is definitely something to be aware of and keep an eye out for.

I wanted to do a full header Kooks system, but that is on hold as I don't want to do anything to allow Ford to deny my warranty if something goes wrong again.

28%!?! Almost every three out of ten Camaros has its engine replaced? That seems like an insanely high number.

I think everybody gets that but the problem in this situation is supposedly ford is denying any warranty repair utilizing some ridiculous argument based on UPR catch cans. I don't think this would even be an issue with ford authorized a warranty repair. Seems to me their reasons for excluding it from a warranty repair are complete crap. In the end he will win this but he might have to lawyer up to do it.
I think it is two different problems, both equally troublesome and probably will end up in more lawsuits against Ford.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
And in order for them to negate the warranty they actually have to prove that the cause of the failure was specifically due to the UPR catch can. I highly doubt they can actually do this. For that reason he is going to win his claim.

If on the other hand his ECU is flashed or tuned, I would imagine that Ford would have a much easier time denying a claim.
They don't have to prove it until you take the time to hire a lawyer and go that route. It is very shitty business practice that they are doing this as it sucks/very time consuming to go that route. That is what they are hoping happens is that they frustrate you enough to just give up and move on.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They don't have to prove it until you take the time to hire a lawyer and go that route. It is very shitty business practice that they are doing this as it sucks/very time consuming to go that route. That is what they are hoping happens is that they frustrate you enough to just give up and move on.
All it takes is a letter from a lawyer telling them to prove that the UPR catch can is going to exclude this car from coverage under the magnuson-moss Warranty Act. Ford most likely can't prove that and probably won't waste the resources trying to prove it. It won't cost much money to get a lawyer to write that letter maybe $500.

I mean for their claim to be correct that catch can should have been spilling oil all over the place. It would have been completely full if it was draining oil from the engine. That assertion by ford is absolutely ridiculous

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I just wonder what the state of these engines are going to be like in, say, another 3-5 years of use.

Will the failure rate increase dramatically, or stay the same? No crystal ball, but something seems suspect here....

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
I think I am being rational. Let's also not be in denial about it either. The Voodoo definitely seems it is more susceptible to engine failures for a variety of reasons. I wouldn't call it scary, but it is definitely something to be aware of and keep an eye out for.

I wanted to do a full header Kooks system, but that is on hold as I don't want to do anything to allow Ford to deny my warranty if something goes wrong again.

28%!?! Almost every three out of ten Camaros has its engine replaced? That seems like an insanely high number.

I think it is two different problems, both equally troublesome and probably will end up in more lawsuits against Ford.
I did not say you in particular are being irrational, I was speaking in general to the thread. 28% engine related failures across all models of camaros, not engine replacements. I get that emotions are high but my point is this happens EVERYWHERE!!!! I deal with it on a daily basis with Army acft. I have dealt with it with many cars. Until someone is able to prove the engine replacement or failure rate of the Voodoo, saying it is a higher rate is pure speculation.
Sponsored