N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta base '17 GT, row your own 6-speed, 3.31's out back.
~Car only uses 94 octane w/E10
~Gonna go Michelin Pilot SS 285r18 up front 315r18 back on aftermarket
rims.
-No drag radial/bias/slick. Gotta do this on street skins

There's a certain 1970 Nova I wanna lay the hammer
down on. Runs high 11's on a shot, trailered to the track.. blah, blah.
Man I hate that cocky bastard.

Anyways, what I have so far:
~ JLT cai
~ Diablo inTune2 (should be here Tuesday)

Lots of mods eh? :lol: and nowhere near what I need :frusty:

I need recommendations on what else to do.
Prefer H-pipe. I like thumpity over brrrrrrrrrrrap!

Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350,2015 f350 lariat,05 Acura rsx,19 gt 10r80 on order
What is your budget?

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Why not a shot also? A tuned 150 shot on E85 with injectors is going to run hig 10s low 11s all day and if you're good about it it can be made to look 100% stock.

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What is your budget?
$2000 with the wife's permission :D

Why not a shot also? A tuned 150 shot on E85 with injectors is going to run hig 10s low 11s all day and if you're good about it it can be made to look 100% stock.
Sadly, no E85 up here. Best we got at the pump is 94oct E10. Kinda wanna keep it N/A.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Mid 11's on a street tire?

Cobra Jet Intake, or GT350 Intake. (with a good cold air intake)
Catted Longtubes

And some extremely good driving with an aggressive tune.

Likely still won't get there. Mid 11's with a street tire and an MT82 is very challenging.

Sponsored

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Kelly is right, have you read through Evil 5.0s "going for 500whp N/A" thread? Evil 5.0 has a cobra jet intake,cs3 cams,LT's,lund tune, and the list goes on and on, he's in the mid 11's and getting faster naturally aspirated but he's spent a pile of money and time and effort to get there. Hell he even inspired me, I'm copying his build personally. And RBS550 has similar engine mods but a whole lot Lighter and has a lot more mods as well and he's running in the 10's naturally aspirated. My point is, you have to pay to play and it's not cheap. I would try a 150 shot like EFI mentioned. That's gonna give you the most bang for your buck

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
2000 dollar budget , gt350 manifold , 3.73 gears, catback exhaust, up the psi in front tires to 40 psi and lower the rear cookers to about 22 psi and do a good burnout , the pilot SS tires love heat. Then all you Need is Mother Nature to deliver good DA and your launch and shifts have to be crisp . Another set of advice is make sure your tune is aggressive and get yourself Torco accelerator octane booster that will up the octane and keep your spark up since you don't Have E 85. Gonna be tough seeing 11s on street tires though man but for your budget It's gonna be hard

Saywhen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
Catback exhaust isn't going to net more hp or trap better speeds. Change out the brick resonator for an h pipe and lose a little weight but that's about it. You'd be better off with some headers and leaving the stock exhaust

OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Mid 11's on a street tire?

Cobra Jet Intake, or GT350 Intake. (with a good cold air intake)
Catted Longtubes

And some extremely good driving with an aggressive tune.

Likely still won't get there. Mid 11's with a street tire and an MT82 is very challenging.
Yeah.. kinda figured street tires would be challenging, but doable.
GT350 intake is in the cards.

Kelly is right, have you read through Evil 5.0s "going for 500whp N/A" thread? Evil 5.0 has a cobra jet intake,cs3 cams,LT's,lund tune, and the list goes on and on, he's in the mid 11's and getting faster naturally aspirated but he's spent a pile of money and time and effort to get there. Hell he even inspired me, I'm copying his build personally. And RBS550 has similar engine mods but a whole lot Lighter and has a lot more mods as well and he's running in the 10's naturally aspirated. My point is, you have to pay to play and it's not cheap. I would try a 150 shot like EFI mentioned. That's gonna give you the most bang for your buck
Yep, Evil's build is awesome.. there's way way way more left in it. I'd say 10.6x.

2000 dollar budget , gt350 manifold , 3.73 gears, catback exhaust, up the psi in front tires to 40 psi and lower the rear cookers to about 22 psi and do a good burnout , the pilot SS tires love heat. Then all you Need is Mother Nature to deliver good DA and your launch and shifts have to be crisp . Another set of advice is make sure your tune is aggressive and get yourself Torco accelerator octane booster that will up the octane and keep your spark up since you don't Have E 85. Gonna be tough seeing 11s on street tires though man but for your budget It's gonna be hard
Great tips! Been driving stick & speed shifting all my life. I could probably go another grand on top of the 2.

Catback exhaust isn't going to net more hp or trap better speeds. Change out the brick resonator for an h pipe and lose a little weight but that's about it. You'd be better off with some headers and leaving the stock exhaust
Resonator delete / H-pipe install in the plan :thumbsup:

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Sorry but mid 11's is not possible on regular street tires with a 2k budget NA. Even a full NA bolt on with cam set up is not gonna get you there unless you strip the car bare. Either get some drag radials at least or go boost/nitrous close to 600whp so you can ease out and pass him mid track once traction is not as difficult. There is only so much you can do on street tires. I doubt you could sixty foot better then a 1.9. Just no way to mid 11 with less then 500whp with no traction at the beginning of the track in a full weight car. Good luck!

Sponsored
OP
OP
WildHorse

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Nitrous and weight reduction start with that lol.
NO2.. you hide the line in the sound tube I would imagine.. The weight, had it on the scales it was like 3680lbs. :thumbsup:

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Sai LI e85 fuel system and a shot. Everything else is marginal gains

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
98% of cars yes catback has no gains , this car actually by not much surprise gains a decent amount from a catback . Stock catback is the most restrictive, quietist garbage they could of put on. You've got a high revving 435 hp car with a 2 1/2 inch pipe going into a very heavy crap resonator which crimps to 2 inch pipe inside then back to 2 1/2 inch pipe to mufflers that are insanely restrictive. A car was tested with magnaflows catback and it gained up top 10 rwhp and 5 ft lbs torque. That's max, it gained at mid range much more significantly for an average of 30 rear wheel. Now that's gains. This is a stock car no manifold. No long tubes. Not even a tune.
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/magnaflow-exhaust-for-the-2015-mustang-gt.881264/

Will it get him into 11s no but this car at least with sound gains actually comes hp gain.
Sponsored