Sponsored

Procharger 90 Degree intercooler hose problem!

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
As I have seen other post, I trimmed the 90 degree hose coming off the head unit itself a little too much and now it wont fit. I was able to find an intake hose at the local auto part store that almost looks like a dryer hose to at least get the car started. Everything seems fine but I obviously can't drive it around this way.

I ordered the following hose to replace the one that I cut too short. I am wondering what you guys think of it as it is made of 5 Ply reinforced silicone instead of the hard rubber of the procharger provided hose. The bend in this hose looks a little more aggressive which may make it easier to install.

http://www.intakehoses.com/mm5/merc...Product_Code=90B-300X6X11&Category_Code=9DES2

Thoughts?
Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
Why not just order the exact replacement directly from ProCharger?

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I was under the impression the new ones don't do that. Not true?
No they don't, I have the red race valve and it fits just fine...

Sponsored
OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
FYI that hose I ordered above was way better quality than the same priced one from pro charger. It is 5 ply reinforced silicone and felt way better than the super soft tuner hose in the kit. Oh also, I didn't cut it too much so it nicely!

RHDZach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Performance Package
i cut mine a tad bit short too...the end that goes onto my race valve piping is barely reaching over the bead of the pipe.. i put on about 1200ish miles without it popping off, but it's constantly a worry in my mind. I might have to order this and swap it in winter.

OP
OP

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
i cut mine a tad bit short too...the end that goes onto my race valve piping is barely reaching over the bead of the pipe.. i put on about 1200ish miles without it popping off, but it's constantly a worry in my mind. I might have to order this and swap it in winter.
Do it... The hose from the link allowed me to more easily install that metal pipe going to the intercooler too. Its also very good quality. Ill post pictures of the install here in a few.