15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Current progress:

This is interesting. I had a tree fall against my quarter and it was totaled with $13,000 damage. Some of the damage extended forward on the upper door surround and the Ford body shop told me that sectioning it is not an approved repair, the only approved way is to replace the whole thing and that the door surround would also mean the roof would have to go due to how the two are welded. Now I see in your picture they are actually sectioning a piece of the rear window pillar. Also, why did they cut out a square around your gas filler - did they have to replace the whole quarter? Maybe the difference was you didn't go to a dealers' shop and maybe the independent shops don't follow the mfgrs recommendations to the letter. If they had just sectioned mine it would have been a few thousand cheaper, but I did need a whole new quarter.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This is interesting. I had a tree fall against my quarter and it was totaled with $13,000 damage. Some of the damage extended forward on the upper door surround and the Ford body shop told me that sectioning it is not an approved repair, the only approved way is to replace the whole thing and that the door surround would also mean the roof would have to go due to how the two are welded. Now I see in your picture they are actually sectioning a piece of the rear window pillar. Also, why did they cut out a square around your gas filler - did they have to replace the whole quarter? Maybe the difference was you didn't go to a dealers' shop and maybe the independent shops don't follow the mfgrs recommendations to the letter. If they had just sectioned mine it would have been a few thousand cheaper, but I did need a whole new quarter.
Much easier to total a car that's worth ~$10k less when you get $13k in damages.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations on the new ride Matt! May this one be a good luck magnet.

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Well I picked up the car this weekend and just got some decent pictures of it yesterday. It's the same options as the old car, just with the Black Accent Package and Premier trim added. I felt pretty lucky to find another Guard 2016 with 3.55s as it's a pretty rare combo. Hopefully this one has better luck than the last one. Thanks to everyone here for your advice and suggestions over the past few weeks, it's much appreciated. :cheers:
Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 10.11.34 AM copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 10.11.49 AM copy.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well I picked up the car this weekend and just got some decent pictures of it yesterday. It's the same options as the old car, just with the Black Accent Package and Premier trim added. I felt pretty lucky to find another Guard 2016 with 3.55s as it's a pretty rare combo. Hopefully this one has better luck than the last one. Thanks to everyone here for your advice and suggestions over the past few weeks, it's much appreciated. :cheers:
Looks awesome with the black accent! Congrats Matt.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Good luck and enjoy! See you in line for that Bullitt if it comes out :-)

OP
OP
Bullitt

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Good luck and enjoy! See you in line for that Bullitt if it comes out :-)
Thanks! And well, with regular pricing for the 2018s now, I may have to skip the Bullitt if it's 55k lol. :(

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Thanks! And well, with regular pricing for the 2018s now, I may have to skip the Bullitt if it's 55k lol. :(
Hahaha - no kidding! I'm out if a Bullitt costs that much!
Sponsored