Glad to be back in a 5.0!!

OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current:2015 Silver GT 6MT PP 50th
I told my self I would never buy another VW, when I found out a thermostat on my VW W8 costs $550. :headbonk: Welcome to the club!!:ford:
Me too....sticking with muscle from now on
Sponsored

OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same. I was in full research mode for a 2015 Golf R (trying to get back to an audi fit and finish), and by random found a youtube video of the 2015 Mustang GT (march 2015). Having already owned 3 mustangs in years past, I watched just to see what was new. I was floored with the upgrades. IRS in the back + 435 HP + finally an interior, and body lines make the 2014 look old.

Test drove them both back to back and went with the GT.
I knew what I was getting into with the GTI and R but I didn't think I would miss the 5.0 that much...loved my 2011 but it's build quality was crap...not as bad though as my o6 GT...

I am very impressed with my new 5.0 so far

OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me too! My last two cars were a TDI and a GTI. The Golf R was the obvious next choice, but the Mustang getting independent rear and the new styling made it something I had to look at. I just thought the Mustang was a better value, and I wanted to own a V8 while we still can.

:headbang:
Seem to have read a lot of that in the vortex forums...there was a lot of us former 5.0 guys who moved to the R for better build quality and a premium interior...and AWD of course....but that turbo 4 never put a smile on my face like my GT's did....and this is my favorite car I have owned so far...my new 15 has exceeded my expectations....

Last edited:
OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same. I was in full research mode for a 2015 Golf R (trying to get back to an audi fit and finish), and by random found a youtube video of the 2015 Mustang GT (march 2015). Having already owned 3 mustangs in years past, I watched just to see what was new. I was floored with the upgrades. IRS in the back + 435 HP + finally an interior, and body lines make the 2014 look old.

Test drove them both back to back and went with the GT.
I knew I wouldn't get an Audi fit/finish in the 5.0 but I will retract the majority of statement now....it is a really beautiful interior in the s550's....the German interiors may be really nice but no VW or Audi I have owned or driven has ever had an interior look as singular minded as the S550...I feel imho that it is so mean looking with perfect placement of everything....for once the interior matches the exterior of a mustang in terms of it's lines and mean looking muscular appearance....I have never liked an interior as much as I like my new 15's

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Hello,

Long time lurker....first time poster...

I was driving a beautiful AWD Golf R which was a blast in the winter this year...car was fully paid for and great on gas for 300HP...bought another 5.0 on Saturday as I couldn't pass up the deal...54,500 list and out the door for just over 40k...unregistered demo car with only 1700km and they gave me 37 for the R...couldn't pass up a chance to get back into a 5.0 for only a few thousand $.

First GT with the Indy rear and wow....what a difference!

Love the PP and damn do those brembos grab quick!

And that staggered wheel setup is fantastic around corners.

Love the 3.73's (my 11 had 3.55's and my 06 had 3.31's) and damn do those 3.73's love gas!

The interior imho is generations ahead of my 2011...not quite Audi/VW like but pretty damn close...and those cooled seats actually work as opposed to the ones in my wife's 13 Santa Fe Limited which really just blow hot air.

I am also very lucky to have an awesome wife who puts up with my car buying addiction :)

Glad to be back in the world of muscle cars and happy to have joined the forums.

David

P.S. Love the 15 so much it might be the first car I keep for a while and actually store for the winter.
I like the noted line above about your wife. You are indeed lucky. I am in a similar boat. I was gonna buy a 2014 last fall for an incredible price. My wife said, if you want it buy it. But she knew I really wanted a 2016 GT/CS vert and told me to hold out and get what I really wanted. The wait cost me/us an extra $30,000. But she told me, at least you now have what you really wanted.:D

Great to have spousal support...:headbang:

OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like the noted line above about your wife. You are indeed lucky. I am in a similar boat. I was gonna buy a 2014 last fall for an incredible price. My wife said, if you want it buy it. But she knew I really wanted a 2016 GT/CS vert and told me to hold out and get what I really wanted. The wait cost me/us an extra $30,000. But she told me, at least you now have what you really wanted.:D

Great to have spousal support...:headbang:
X2 Derek...when I got married, I said the only thing I would never give up would be cars :)