Sponsored

Glad to be back in a 5.0!!

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current:2015 Silver GT 6MT PP 50th
Hello,

Long time lurker....first time poster...

I was driving a beautiful AWD Golf R which was a blast in the winter this year...car was fully paid for and great on gas for 300HP...bought another 5.0 on Saturday as I couldn't pass up the deal...54,500 list and out the door for just over 40k...unregistered demo car with only 1700km and they gave me 37 for the R...couldn't pass up a chance to get back into a 5.0 for only a few thousand $.

First GT with the Indy rear and wow....what a difference!

Love the PP and damn do those brembos grab quick!

And that staggered wheel setup is fantastic around corners.

Love the 3.73's (my 11 had 3.55's and my 06 had 3.31's) and damn do those 3.73's love gas!

The interior imho is generations ahead of my 2011...not quite Audi/VW like but pretty damn close...and those cooled seats actually work as opposed to the ones in my wife's 13 Santa Fe Limited which really just blow hot air.

I am also very lucky to have an awesome wife who puts up with my car buying addiction :)

Glad to be back in the world of muscle cars and happy to have joined the forums.

David

P.S. Love the 15 so much it might be the first car I keep for a while and actually store for the winter.
Sponsored

OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome back. I'd say most of us have had other mustangs ;) I'm surely guilty
Thanks Stresstest...appreciate the kind words...will try to upload photos tonight if I have the time ...3 month old baby girl at home keeps me a little busy ;) at night and also out of the garage away from my other baby :)

And no baby seat will ever go in the stang...buying my wife a new Santa Fe last year ensured that....along with the fact that she hates the loud exhaust....darn :)

OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats. Sounds like a great deal on a great car.
Thanks...it truly was a deal I couldn't pass up...now my core group of lifelong friends who all have muscle car collections can stop nagging me to get back into one :)

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
I had the 2016 Golf R on my radar when I was shopping last year.

Great car, but something inside me was saying 'V8, V8, V8, V8, V8!!!'

9 months later, I know I made the right choice :D

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

welcome!

Reactions: 113
OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I admit, I had some buyers remorse with the GTI...the R made up for that with the added power and the AWD was a lot of fun this winter....BUT just like you said....v8 v8 v8 v8....having had 2 GT's, I couldn't resist this deal...and everyday driving to work I would always see the same 3 15's (2 GT's and one ecoboost) in the mornings and couldn't help but stare at the beautiful rear tail lights...thinking"damn, I miss my mustang"

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Congrats on the buy! I feel you, my first car I ever bought was an old oxidized '85 5.0 foxbody. My aunt found it and fronted me the $1400, and kept it in her driveway until I paid her back hahaha. I think it was her way of going "Kid...you're 20. Get your ass in a car already!" Learned to drive in a manual and I have great memories in that thing. There are days I wish I never got rid of it.

So finding myself in a manual 5.0 again 13 years later just makes it feel like I've finally come full circle. And fitting that it's another first for me, instead of being a first car it's the first car I've bought that isn't used. Definitely a different beast than the old 5.0s haha. You're gonna love this car.

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470

Me too! My last two cars were a TDI and a GTI. The Golf R was the obvious next choice, but the Mustang getting independent rear and the new styling made it something I had to look at. I just thought the Mustang was a better value, and I wanted to own a V8 while we still can.

:headbang:

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I told my self I would never buy another VW, when I found out a thermostat on my VW W8 costs $550. :headbonk: Welcome to the club!!:ford:

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Congrats. When I first saw $54,000 for the list price I had to see where you're from, now it makes sense haha. Seems like you got a great deal.

I too love the cooled seats. Living in Florida and driving my car a lot while wearing a suit, I get use out of them year-round. Nothing other than that cold air coming through the seats can prevent swamp ass.

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd

Same. I was in full research mode for a 2015 Golf R (trying to get back to an audi fit and finish), and by random found a youtube video of the 2015 Mustang GT (march 2015). Having already owned 3 mustangs in years past, I watched just to see what was new. I was floored with the upgrades. IRS in the back + 435 HP + finally an interior, and body lines make the 2014 look old.

Test drove them both back to back and went with the GT.

OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

davidkwpg

Threads
Reaction score