Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
But you see that on the rendering the car is lowered in the front, while the Ford pic shows the car with even height?
I'm just talking about the proportions of the front and it's a perfect match, of course the angle of the perspective is still a bit diffent
I think what I'm trying to point out is that even though the car is lowered in that rendering, the front bumper is still an inch higher at the splitter. So you can lower the car 1 inch all they way around and because the back is getting lowered too, the front splitter will still be an inch higher. It's purely a bumper issue and not a suspension issue. The bottom of the bumper just abover the splitter is longer in the rendering compared to the actual car. I understand people think it's close, but one looks amazing (rendering) and the other looks like the front of the car is smooshed (real 2018). Our 2016 splitters are even with the side skirts from the factory, why would ford make it uneven on the new 2018?
Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Did some color variants:

• Race Red
  • Magnetic
  • Lightning Blue
  • Race Red with Stripes
  • Fury with Stripes
@Kris: I live in Braunschweig, that's quite next to Hannover :)

Thank you ACE! Magnetic is "my" color, love the stealthy and subtle look it gives the Mustang. But I have to admit the race red w/ stripes looks pretty good.

@Kris & ACE: I've lived in Hannover for 6 years way back when and also was stationed with the Army in Hildesheim. On the weekends, we used to go over to Braunschweig to the Jolly Joker :cheers:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
That's why i placed the front facias mirroring, to show that the proportions are pretty spot on, even the lower bumper. :shrug:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
How do you not see the difference in the front splitter height compared to the "side skirts". The front splitter sits almost an inch higher in the actual 2018 than in the rendering. The front bumper also looks as if the bottom of it is slightly tilted upwards instead of being flat.
I hate to pop your balloon but pretty much EVERY Mustang is like this. Yes, even your beloved 15-17 has an upwards-angled front bumper that sits higher than the side skirts.

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2014/09/2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-side-profile.jpg

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I hate to burst your bubble, but my front splitter does not sit an inch higher than the side skirts on my car and nowhere near as high as on the 2018 but, cool jeep bro.
Lol you're going to use a photo at that angle to argue this point? :doh:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I hate to burst your bubble, but my front splitter does not sit an inch higher than the side skirts on my car and nowhere near as high as on the 2018 but, cool jeep bro.

... Look at the photo I linked. It's literally an exact side profile shot that shows how the front bumper is higher.

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol you're going to use a photo at that angle to argue this point? :doh:
Side shot and my car is not a performance pack with the more pronounced front splitter. You guys are literally high if you think the front splitter on the 2016 sits at the same height or higher than the 2018 compared to the side skirts. I get you like the 2018 styling, but common sense please :crazy::crazy:
IMG_0099.JPG

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Ace for Ford Design Team

Did some color variants:

• Race Red
  • Magnetic
  • Lightning Blue
  • Race Red with Stripes
  • Fury with Stripes
@Kris: I live in Braunschweig, that's quite next to Hannover :)
Can we all hold a vote and tally to send to Ford Head Quarters?
:thumbsup:

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Side shot and my car is not a performance pack with the more pronounced front splitter. You guys are literally high if you think the front splitter on the 2016 sits at the same height or higher than the 2018 compared to the side skirts. I get you like the 2018 styling, but common sense please :crazy::crazy:
Funny, because in that picture it looks pretty turned up. I would be willing to bet that if you got a ruler out and compared, stock GT is going to be exactly the same as the 15-17. Within fractions of an inch. I'm sure Ford has some internal spec for driveway ramp clearance or something and that has not changed.

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny, because in that picture it looks pretty turned up. I would be willing to bet that if you got a ruler out and compared, stock GT is going to be exactly the same as the 15-17. Within fractions of an inch. I'm sure Ford has some internal spec for driveway ramp clearance or something and that has not changed.
Yup exactly the same :frusty::frusty:
2018-mustang-ecoboost-royal-crimson.jpg

mustanggoblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I have to chime in on this. Look at the purple Mustang, it's pretty clear it sits higher, doesn't look right. The front bumper looks meh on the 18, rest of the car is great but the car in the front is sitting higher. Maybe the splitter has no angle, not sure. As for the last post with the side by side, thats a clear photoshop of lining the cars up.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Yep.
614230.jpg

It's amazing how camera angles can fool people.
This Picture is a really bad comparison because someout just distorted the Facelift until the lines fit.

The attached graphics shows how the lines have changes for real
File-Mar-11-6-50-55-PM.jpg
Sponsored