Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Great points! U-GLY!

I wouldn't have bought it, period. To most of us, especially in Europe, Mustang was a dream car. Not a Ferrari, Mustang. Because of its history and its aggressive look, inside and out. The S550 is the natural evolution of a historic, American icon. The new facelift simply doesn't fit, it doesn't look like a Mustang, it looks, I don't know, like one of those mass production cars, a BMW, a Toyota. Not only because of the front, but also because of the existence of digital gauges inside (my God, whose thought was that!). I have nothing against these cars, but if I wanted a BMW or a Toyota I would have bought a BMW or a Toyota!
Same thing was said about the 15 when pics were first available.

The 18 is not that much different. The slope on the front is no more than the 350 and I would dare anyone say that doesn't fit and doesn't look like a mustang.

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's as much mustang as the 15.
Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
People said the 6th Gen looks like a European and not like a Mustang when First pics showed up...
And how about just not buying the digital Cluster if you dont like it? It's not like you are forced to get it.

Most people wont see a difference between 15 and 18 model, I think some people are really exaggerating. It's ok to not like a design. But saying it's not a Mustang anymore or it looks like a BMW, no way

Here, you can see how similar the front actually looks in real life
That's also an Ecoboost comparison which is a lot more tame looking. So yes it looks more like the Eco front end yet people say the '18 looks more aggressive :shrug:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I guess there were people when 69 Launched who said it's not a real Mustang because they liked 67 more

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
I guess there were people when 69 Launched who said it's not a real Mustang because they liked 67 more
:lol: :cheers:

Pablo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
Back to horsepower for a minute, this ought to be the benchmark.

From Motortrend:
2018 Lexus LC 500. quad-cam 5.0-liter V-8, 471 horsepower at 7,100 rpm.

multimode exhaust. low-mass reciprocating parts such as forged connecting rods and titanium intake and exhaust valves. The cylinder heads are equipped with variable valve-timing and, depending on conditions, fuel is injected either directly into the cylinders—allowing for a high compression ratio (12.3:1)—or into the intake ports to enhance low-end response.

Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
People said the 6th Gen looks like a European and not like a Mustang when First pics showed up...
And how about just not buying the digital Cluster if you dont like it? It's not like you are forced to get it.

Most people wont see a difference between 15 and 18 model, I think some people are really exaggerating. It's ok to not like a design. But saying it's not a Mustang anymore or it looks like a BMW, no way

Here, you can see how similar the front actually looks in real life
Subtle changes to the bumper and a more aggressive headlight is all that was done to the front end. 9 out of 10 people will never notice it changed.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subtle changes to the bumper and a more aggressive headlight is all that was done to the front end. 9 out of 10 people will never notice it changed.
And hood. Body lines changed. Do you really think everyone is that unobservant? We are all car enthusiasts so we notice. Do you buy it for your preference or others?

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
You average person on the road will never notice the differences, you guys here will of course because thats all you do.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
And hood. Body lines changed. Do you really think everyone is that unobservant? We are all car enthusiasts so we notice. Do you buy it for your preference or others?
But nobody will say "That's a Mustang? It looks like an Audi"

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
You average person on the road will never notice the differences, you guys here will of course because that's all you do.
This. :thumbsup:

To people painting it like a different car. Unless the changes are huge like from 14 to 15, the general public simply won't notice the changes or don't care. Some or even many people on these enthusiast forums may care but go ask a random family member or co-worker and they will do the basic "oh yeah the front is a little different, I didn't even notice".

Sponsored

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
I showed probably a dozen people in my office and first line out of their mouth was, "Is that a mustang?" Lol, they didn't care enough to even identify make or models of different vehicles.

IMO that is a close consensus of the general public who buy vehicles. It sounds absurd to any car enthusiast but its very close to the truth.

Last edited:

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Great points! U-GLY!

I wouldn't have bought it, period. To most of us, especially in Europe, Mustang was a dream car. Not a Ferrari, Mustang. Because of its history and its aggressive look, inside and out. The S550 is the natural evolution of a historic, American icon. The new facelift simply doesn't fit, it doesn't look like a Mustang, it looks, I don't know, like one of those mass production cars, a BMW, a Toyota. Not only because of the front, but also because of the existence of digital gauges inside (my God, whose thought was that!). I have nothing against these cars, but if I wanted a BMW or a Toyota I would have bought a BMW or a Toyota!
In the US mustangs are a dime a dozen. Probably seen 20 on my 15-mile commute to work every morning and afternoon. Obviously multiple that for hondas, Toyotas, and BMWs. Checking out what people want in the S650 thread, you will see nothing but renderings that resemble European sports cars and that is more likely the direction of the mustang going forward versus staying tradition and lacking what has become basic amenities in a vehicle while expecting to keep your sales numbers up.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right. I'm not the one saying that. I just don't understand the point of "the average person won't notice the difference". I just don't see how that matters if a soccer mom you pass doesn't notice.. :D That's all.
I don't even have an issue with the '18 as I've stated. Not fond of the front but that's easily remedied. Pros outweigh the one con in my eyes. :thumbsup:

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Right. I'm not the one saying that. I just don't understand the point of "the average person won't notice the difference". I just don't see how that matters if a soccer mom you pass doesn't notice.. :D That's all.
I don't even have an issue with the '18 as I've stated. Not fond of the front but that's easily remedied. Pros outweigh the one con in my eyes. :thumbsup:
While no doubt the mustang has more 'enthusiasts' than most vehicles, I highly doubt enthusiasts make up the bulk of mustang sales.

This is why the point ' the average person won't notice the difference' is relevant - if I were a betting man, I'd put dollars to donuts that it is the average person is who is buying the majority of mustangs. They simply are not going to care enough (assuming they even notice) that the front end has changed to say 'I'm not buying this'.

Of course, all this is speculation on my part.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
FYI SYNC 3 update today that adds CarPlay & AA to the Mustang.

Ford today released a SYNC 3 software update that adds CarPlay and Android Auto support to its 2016 model year vehicles.

Ford said customers with Wi-Fi-enabled vehicles can set up their vehicle to receive the update automatically. SYNC 3 version 2.2 can also be downloaded from the Ford Owner website and installed with a USB drive, or customers can visit any Ford dealership to have the update process completed for free.

Last summer, Ford made CarPlay and Android Auto available in all of its 2017 vehicles with SYNC 3. At the time, it promised it would bring CarPlay and Android Auto to its 2016 model year vehicles by the end of the year, and while it missed that target by about five months, the update has now arrived.

In late 2015, Ford retroactively added Siri Eyes Free support to 5 million 2011-2016 model year vehicles.

CarPlay brings Maps, Phone, Messages, Music, Podcasts, and a number of third-party apps like Spotify to a vehicle's dashboard. Apple's in-car software can be controlled with Siri and a vehicle's built-in controls for convenient access to common iPhone features. It's compatible with iPhone 5 and later.
Sponsored