Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

BULLITTGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
Side shot and my car is not a performance pack with the more pronounced front splitter. You guys are literally high if you think the front splitter on the 2016 sits at the same height or higher than the 2018 compared to the side skirts. I get you like the 2018 styling, but common sense please :crazy::crazy:
I took this pic of an '18 at an auto show last month. While not the same exact angle, I say the splitter looks pretty similar, but I am no expert. One thing I do know is that I am still not feeling the front end, even after seeing it in person. Something just looks off. :shrug:
DUDES STANG.JPG
2018 STANG.jpg
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
^^^ I still believe 2015-2017 is sooo much better! I don't like the front end of the 2018 at all... :frusty:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
It says 'Magnetic Blue' in that comparison graphic. Must be a typo.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Another comparison to show the rendering is pretty accurate
m2018_comp.JPG

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I'm intrigued to know, if the MY15 was originally released with the same front as the MY18, how many who don't like the MY18 would have bought the 15, or passed the mustang altogether and gone onto something else??

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I'm intrigued to know, if the MY15 was originally released with the same front as the MY18, how many who don't like the MY18 would have bought the 15, or passed the mustang altogether and gone onto something else??

Great point.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
If the above scenario had occurred, I would have purchased a '68 Fastback instead.
That was the original plan.
And at some point...it will still happen.

Very satisfied with this S550!

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
I've mentioned this before. Honestly, without anything to compare it to...we would all be thinking it's the cats meow. Unfortunately, we do have a comparison...and many truly do feel the 15 simply looks better.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I've mentioned this before. Honestly, without anything to compare it to...we would all be thinking it's the cats meow. Unfortunately, we do have a comparison...and many truly do feel the 15 simply looks better.

I agree, however some of statements from people on this forum and elsewhere (OMG what have Ford done!!! The sky is falling in!!!, That's it Ford is dead to me !!! etc etc etc) make be believe that they wouldn't touch this new car with a barge poll.

I am a Mustang fan through and through. For me, owning a mustang is a privilege I never thought I could do (especially a global RHD version).

I'm not saying I would happy to take any pig ugly thing, but this design is certainly not pig ugly, no matter what tinted glasses are used to view it

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Great points! U-GLY!

I wouldn't have bought it, period. To most of us, especially in Europe, Mustang was a dream car. Not a Ferrari, Mustang. Because of its history and its aggressive look, inside and out. The S550 is the natural evolution of a historic, American icon. The new facelift simply doesn't fit, it doesn't look like a Mustang, it looks, I don't know, like one of those mass production cars, a BMW, a Toyota. Not only because of the front, but also because of the existence of digital gauges inside (my God, whose thought was that!). I have nothing against these cars, but if I wanted a BMW or a Toyota I would have bought a BMW or a Toyota!

GGE

GGE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sembroracing.com
First Name
Gunter
Vehicle(s)
2020 DHG L0565, 2012 GT/CS
Hi guys,
after reading a lot in this thread, I have to say - I like the '18 design and can't wait to see it in person here in germany.
My `67 GT-A and '69 Mach 1 are great, lovely cars and I'm not willing to compare 50 yrs of car design. After selling my '12 GT I've switched to BMW Series 6, but the '18 will be mine. From the technical point of view I will hope to Ford let combine GT, 10speed, Brembo, Magnetic, digital cluster, good sound and all the power they will deliver.
In germany we have a really good shop, Peter Schropp. He pushed my '12 GT to 445hp and did a nice update to the 6speed auto. Hope with an US version it will be around 470-490 w/o any mechanical things.

What I will try is, to get a handmade upholstry for all, seats, dash, door panels, headliner, wheel, console, all interieur plastics. I got an offer for around 10k$ for the '12, real high end leather, same as Porsche, Bentley, etc is using, stich, color/art what you like, - it's fair enough if you compare it with BMW Individual leather factory trim.

In one of the last posts, I saw pictures from that 17" rims which huge 305/17 tires on. In germany it's much more difficult to get different rims, tires size, but press thumbs to find someone. This looks awsome to me...

so... waiting... waiting... waiting... is the job right now

cheers
Gunter

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Great points! U-GLY!

I wouldn't have bought it, period. To most of us, especially in Europe, Mustang was a dream car. Not a Ferrari, Mustang. Because of its history and its aggressive look, inside and out. The S550 is the natural evolution of a historic, American icon. The new facelift simply doesn't fit, it doesn't look like a Mustang, it looks, I don't know, like one of those mass production cars, a BMW, a Toyota. Not only because of the front, but also because of the existence of digital gauges inside (my God, whose thought was that!). I have nothing against these cars, but if I wanted a BMW or a Toyota I would have bought a BMW or a Toyota!
People said the 6th Gen looks like a European and not like a Mustang when First pics showed up...
And how about just not buying the digital Cluster if you dont like it? It's not like you are forced to get it.

Most people wont see a difference between 15 and 18 model, I think some people are really exaggerating. It's ok to not like a design. But saying it's not a Mustang anymore or it looks like a BMW, no way

Here, you can see how similar the front actually looks in real life
IMG-20170518-WA0035.jpg

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Small differences, yes. But still noticeable. I keep my point: Front end IS ugly.

As far as the digital gauges are concerned, I thought that they were not optional but part of the updated package.
Sponsored