Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

PeterPerfect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 2.8
I must admit I don't understand this rendering. Is it a photo of the car coloured in, or a copy done by hand like a diecast model?

Actually does anyone make a little toy '18 Mustang in race red, do you know?

Alw612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Fusion
Found this rendering by Kris Horton. Wow, just wow! :headbang:

mustang2018_krishorton.jpg
I think another reason this looks great is that it looks like the orange reflector is on the side of the headlight instead of underneath it, making the appearance less "frowny"

l'Ingegnere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Nice to hear you found your way to the forum Kris. Very good work :cheers:
I tried to make the upper grille match the real 2018 a bit more by making it a bit wider and editing the edges a bit :)

Do you have renderings of the rear end too?

For comparison the original rendering above:
attachment.jpg
Is there any way you could edit the image and make the horse in the grill like a matte black sort of like the black package that Ford did?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey everyone,

Glad you dig my '18 renderings! So, a little background on the model for those who have been trying to figure it out:

I built this 3D model off of a 15-17 model that was CAD-accurate based on data I got through my connections at Shelby and Ford. Being that this was modeled in mid-January, there are definitely a few inaccuracies in my model as I had to eyeball it based on limited photos from the unveiling and press releases. It's definitely not 100% accurate, but as Ace was kind enough to say, it's probably a solid 90%. I took care to get it as accurate as possible and had some of my industry friends advise on it to catch anything I may have missed along the way but I'll definitely be doing a refresh once I've got access to data for the '18+.

As for the mods on the "clay" model that was posted, all I did was lower it a bit and space out the wheels. Ditching the headlight lenses was to show off the modeling of the headlights, which are pretty detailed. I think automakers are making their lights more and more complicated just to make 3D modelers such as myself's lives more difficult. :frusty:

I've done a handful of different designs based on the '18 so far, but unfortunately they'll remain under wraps for a while due to NDA/embargo type stuff. I do think you will dig what I've helped cook up though and will definitely post up once they can be made public. :cheers:

Oh, and lastly, the blue car isn't really my take on a GT350/GT500, it was just prompted by GM's release of the ZL1 1LE. Can't let them have all the fun with their crazy aero parts, right? It's definitely on the bonkers side, so hopefully I didn't offend anyone lol.

KH
Hi Kris,

Not to get off topic - what rendering software do you use and on what platform (PC/Mac/other)? Thx. :cheers:

Sponsored

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
Found this rendering by Kris Horton. Wow, just wow! :headbang:

mustang2018_krishorton.jpg
This rendering is phenomenal and looks so aggressive. If only the real 2018 looked as good and aggressive as this one does!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Love the rendering, looks far better than the actual '18. Ford take note!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Love the rendering, looks far better than the actual '18. Ford take note!
It's just the low angle shot and the lightning, it's actually not quite different to the real 18.

attachment.jpg
m2018_ford.jpg

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
It's just the low angle shot and the lightning, it's actually not quite different to the real 18.

attachment.jpg
You beat me too it.

I believe after your adjustment, the render is pretty much what the 18 looks like (and probably more reminiscent to looking at the car in person, then looking at photos which don't always give the greatest of perspectives)

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Ok, well I hope when I see the 18 in the flesh it looks as good as the rendering as now I've bought into the Mustang brand I want them to continue producing stylish cars! Have to say though the photos/videos have not done it for me so far.

BG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford F150, '17 Lincoln MKZ
If you see it driving toward you on the street it looks similar to the 2017, just more updated. Pictures and real life are always different. I think once most people see them driving around they will warm up to the refresh.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Did some color variants:

• Race Red
  • Magnetic
  • Lightning Blue
  • Race Red with Stripes
  • Fury with Stripes
@Kris: I live in Braunschweig, that's quite next to Hannover :)
rendering_colored_racered.jpg
rendering_colored_lightning.jpg
rendering_colored_magnetic.jpg
rendering_colored_racered_stripes.jpg
rendering_fury_stripes.jpg

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange

attachment.jpg
How do you not see the difference in the front splitter height compared to the "side skirts". The front splitter sits almost an inch higher in the actual 2018 than in the rendering. The front bumper also looks as if the bottom of it is slightly tilted upwards instead of being flat.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
How do you not see the difference in the front splitter height compared to the "side skirts". The front splitter sits almost an inch higher in the actual 2018 than in the rendering. The front bumper also looks as if the bottom of it is slightly tilted upwards instead of being flat.
But you see that on the rendering the car is lowered in the front, while the Ford pic shows the car with even height?
I'm just talking about the proportions of the front and it's a perfect match, of course the angle of the perspective is still a bit diffent
proportions.jpg
Sponsored