2018 Mustang GT Revealed (Video)!!

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
I don't see anything on Ford's site that wasn't there when they first released the 2018 info. Nothing new from what I can see.
a few pics of the new wheel choices and more details about the different dash appliqués available. This wasn't there on the first day.
Sponsored

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
Two words - improved fuel economy. When I read the all-new statement, I assumed the current 5.0 architecture would be the basis. For this displacement, I would not expect huge jumps to stay out of gas guzzler territory. The history of this engine has seen steady increases of about 20hp, the main exception being the 444hp Boss 302 engine, which required a reworked valve train and intake manifold, sacrificing a bit of low end torque.

Since you are planning on turbocharging, I would assume it's a moot point.

GM's larger displacement OHV engine is a different animal, and the size definitely benefits the torque production.
Thats 3 words............:D

I didn't realize the 5.0 auto lost 2 MPG city (rated anyway) from 14 to 15.
So you might be right, but it would be nice if they did more than just barely catch chebbie........

and no, as I said, if I could get 500 crank HP with just a tune, I might not go FI.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps you have not seen the 5-spoke wheel option that looks like a variation of them? The current 18" foundry wheels also seem to be inspired by them. Both of these takes I find to be fantastic modern interpretations of the original design.

A decent modernized wheel would be fine but Ford foundered me on those wheels from the 1990s threw the end of the S197 Mustang. Ford put those bullitt wheels on almost every Mustang.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Sponsored

Amaury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Around what month we may expect the configurator to go live? I'm seriously considering trading my 50thLE....

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
A decent modernized wheel would be fine but Ford foundered me on those wheels from the 1990s threw the end of the S197 Mustang. Ford put those bullitt wheels on almost every Mustang.
I don't recall any stock Torq Thrust looking wheels until 2001. There's certainly been additional wheel choices since that time. At any rate, we've got a lot of choice these days, and sounds like the 2018 wheel lineup will bring more overall.
Sponsored