Sponsored

2018 Mustang Exhaust mode video

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just for clarity - do you have to order the Active Exhaust from Ford to get the actuators that control the bi-modal exhaust valves or will the Premium still have those even if the Active Exhaust isn't ordered?
All Premium Editions will have the active exhaust. From what I understand that's the only way to get the active exhaust. It's not an "option" per se, rather it's included in the Premium Edition.
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
All Premium Editions will have the active exhaust. From what I understand that's the only way to get the active exhaust. It's not an "option" per se, rather it's included in the Premium Edition.
So what's the point of the Active Exhaust option that's about $900, then? Just...louder?

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
For sure.

We're already in development, totally separate product lines for valved and non-valved systems. We've developed our own valves that operate seamlessly with the OE architecture. Multiple sound level choices as well as at least 3 different tip styles, including carbon fiber for each product line. Patented ATAK technology as one sound level option, of course, but look out for something new from us as well. We've developed a new patent that gives us the opportunity to do something different. Will keep you posted on the development when we're ready to show you guys.

db
For those of us unfamiliar with how these exhaust system works:

1) Could someone explain mechanically what happens to change the exhaust? Is it simply some manner of butterfly valve in the exhaust system?

2) Will there be any measureable difference in horsepower between Quiet and Track modes, however small?

Thanks in advance..
drive.gif

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So what's the point of the Active Exhaust option that's about $900, then? Just...louder?

Did you read somewhere that there's an "active exhaust option" that's available on packages other than the Premium Edition? Please let me know if you did because this is different from the info I'm getting from Ford.

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
For those of us unfamiliar with how these exhaust system works:

1) Could someone explain mechanically what happens to change the exhaust? Is it simply some manner of butterfly valve in the exhaust system?

2) Will there be any measureable difference in horsepower between Quiet and Track modes, however small?

Thanks in advance..
Yes, it's a butterfly valve, just like the GT350.

With the Borla systems, neither mode will hinder performance. Both modes will provide full power.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Did you read somewhere that there's an "active exhaust option" that's available on packages other than the Premium Edition? Please let me know if you did because this is different from the info I'm getting from Ford.
Yes it can be had on the base. It's still an option on the premium as well, you just have to get 301A (base base is 300A).

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Okay, so if you want the "Non-Premium" GT there's an option to have the active exhaust but when you click, it forces you to add a whole bunch of other stuff like

• 9 Speaker Stereo System with Single-CD Player
• Ambient Lighting with MyColor® and 4.2" Cluster
• Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (DEATC)
• Selectable Drive Modes with Toggle Switches
• SiriusXM® Radio
• SYNC®3 – Enhanced Voice Recognition Communications and Entertainment System
• 8" LCD Capacitive Touchscreen in Center Stack
• AppLink®
• 911 Assist®
• Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™
• Smart-Charging USB ports – two (2)

So it seems you can't just add the Active Exhaust Package alone.

david borla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yes it can be had on the base. It's still an option on the premium as well, you just have to get 301A (base base is 300A).

Just saw this. Thanks. Disappointing for thsoe that want the active exhaust but don't want to pay for the entertainment and lighting upgrades. Anyhow, our active exhaust systems will work with any of the models that have an active exhaust.

Now I want to know what the difference is between a base GT with the 301A package and the GT Premium Edition? What does the Premium Edition offer that the 301A package doesn't?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Well, I am more talking about the fact that it's not just included with all Premiums (which is kind of what I got out of your post). It's still an option that you have to select. But from how I read your post, you said all premiums were basically already wired and equipped with the necessities for active exhaust. Do they just not have the mufflers with the valves in them and the software disabled or something?

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium

I THINK....THHHHHIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNKKKKKKKK I REMEMBER SAYING THAT ORIGINALLY?

I don't like to say I told you so, but I did apologize because you made me think I was wrong....but I was right. So.....I told you so

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I THINK....THHHHHIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNKKKKKKKK I REMEMBER SAYING THAT ORIGINALLY?

I don't like to say I told you so, but I did apologize because you made me think I was wrong....but I was right. So.....I told you so
What are you going on about?:shrug:

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Borla Exhaust - Three Different Levels of Volume

Choose one and be happy, like I've said before Mustangs are not meant to be Quiet - it's unAmerican. :mad:

If you want Quiet buy and electric car or hybrid. :lol:

[ame]

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Apologize in advance for the long answer but there's more to this question than you might think. Great question btw....

The only cars that will have the bi-modal exhaust architecture are the North American Premium Edition GT and all GT Global Cars.

Hi David, Thanks for your detailed explanation of what you are going to provide for the MY18. I imagine that the GT Global cars made for Australia will not come standard with the bi-modal exhaust but rather have it as an option. If that is the case do I understand you correctly that without taking up the option to have an OEM bi-modal the car will still have the required architecture ready for your bi-modal exhaust.

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
What are you going on about?:shrug:

I was just being dumb. I was joking about a post earlier I had said that the active exhaust isn't going to be a stand alone option if you aren't building the car from Fords site

You said it was, and said I should do research.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I was just being dumb. I was joking about a post earlier I had said that the active exhaust isn't going to be a stand alone option if you aren't building the car from Fords site

You said it was, and said I should do research.
Well, it is a standalone option, in that is it not part of any other packages.

It's a tiered option, sure. But still standalone.
Sponsored