2011-2014 Mustang GT 80mm TB How-to

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Lol.

So drove my 110 mile trip to and from work today. 0 issues, afr normal, mpg normal, power, strong. Afr is a little fat at wot, and theres some slight lean areas at certain tip in spots, but a data log and retune should iron that out. Response is nice and snappy. So far, im liking it
Sponsored

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack / 2016 Ecoboost Premium
Alright I'm calling it quits tonight. Here's a couple photos and some video clips so you guys can get a better understanding on what's going on.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]UCLlGeO_ewA[/MEDIA]"]

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Rm4nuSOdl5g[/MEDIA]"]

ktodd1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium Performance Pack / 2016 Ecoboost Premium
That first video reminds me of when my throttle body failed. Hopefully a tune revision is what is needed.
I just reminded myself right now that the first video was with the previous tune loaded on, the 2nd video is with the tune revision which when you put the car in gear and drive, then the wrench comes on and car runs like sh*t.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
I just reminded myself right now that the first video was with the previous tune loaded on, the 2nd video is with the tune revision which when you put the car in gear and drive, then the wrench comes on and car runs like sh*t.
How about if you take the coupler off and watch the TB butterfly while someone revs your car? I don't know if that's ok for the engine but you should see if the TB is functioning properly

Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Ignition turned on, it will work. Dorsnt need to be running. I did this to make sure mine worked too

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Just got my shapeways spacer today, I ordered the $50 black plastic one and was wondering if anyone thinks it would be ok to not paint it with enamel. I have some high temp engine enamel but I SUCK at painting things, really badly.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Just got my shapeways spacer today, I ordered the $50 black plastic one and was wondering if anyone thinks it would be ok to not paint it with enamel. I have some high temp engine enamel but I SUCK at painting things, really badly.
It should do fine. I would highly recommend the coating but it is not required.

Sponsored

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Haven't been on this page for a few days and have missed a bunch. I ordered the adapter, the gasket, and the throttle body. The throttle body arrived today and it's not as pretty and shiny as some of the others I see here. That doesn't bother me but when I hold it with the plastic control module on top then turn it 180 degrees something sounds loose inside, like a small klunking noise.:doh: Anyone notice anything like that on theirs. I know I'll have to open it up and look a little later, I'm not even sure I have a bit for that. Might even try "fordguys" idea and just lay it on the intake and plug the connecter into it and see if it works. Hey "whatdoyoufeedit" still got that control module for the 11 thru 14? Guess I could send it back but the page says sale ended. I'll open it up and let you all know what I find.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Mine had a clanky noise when you shake it too. Working perfect imo. Sent a data log to mpt today so well see if they can find me some more hp