11 to 14
Sponsored

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Like a little click clack noise when you shake the unit.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Mine had a clanky noise when you shake it too. Working perfect imo. Sent a data log to mpt today so well see if they can find me some more hp
I am going to need to do that to at some point... Just to make sure everything is running as well as it could be.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Hey Fordguys550! I'm installing your pipe tomorrow along with the GT throttle body. I fused in the PCV and vaccume line in after sawing them off my intake haha. Fits like a charm! Everything is lined up and tomorrow I do the fin removal from the upper intake manifold and the sanding then I will update how everything fits here!

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Fused?? Pic?

Sponsored

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
Fused?? Pic?
I tried putting a few up from my phone but they wont upload. I used a 2 step plastic bond I got from home depot. Says it's temperature stable from -40 to 280 degrees F though

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Yeah you got it, I'm really glad that mines not the only one that's noisy. Mine doesn't even have the bar code sticker, it just says F150, 5l, 11/14 in marker. It's also dirty, it has some kind of slightly sticky deposit on the intake side of the throttle plate. The only thing it could be, I think, would be oil cause there is no fuel in the intake. Maybe JLT would like a picture to use in their advertising.:lol: Do you guys think it would be OK to clean it with carb cleaner, or maybe I will try alcohol first? I've still got that little voice in the back of my mind saying "Go ahead and open it up and take a look, what could possibly go wrong!"

OP
OP
whatdoyoufeedit?

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Haven't been on this page for a few days and have missed a bunch. I ordered the adapter, the gasket, and the throttle body. The throttle body arrived today and it's not as pretty and shiny as some of the others I see here. That doesn't bother me but when I hold it with the plastic control module on top then turn it 180 degrees something sounds loose inside, like a small klunking noise.:doh: Anyone notice anything like that on theirs. I know I'll have to open it up and look a little later, I'm not even sure I have a bit for that. Might even try "fordguys" idea and just lay it on the intake and plug the connecter into it and see if it works. Hey "whatdoyoufeedit" still got that control module for the 11 thru 14? Guess I could send it back but the page says sale ended. I'll open it up and let you all know what I find.
Yes I do, PM me if you want to work something out. Oh and if you're opening yours up to try and clean it do not use carb cleaner, instead use electronics cleaner or mass air flow sensor cleaner. Carb or brake cleaner will eat electronics alive.

X0AYHAM0X

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 V6
Right, so I sanded the spacer and the TB too
[MENTION=6944]zackmd1[/MENTION] I sanded around 2 mm off the spacer on the top right corner and 1 mm off the thinness of the same corner, and you need to make the bottom right corner 2 mm thinner to clear the two little knobs on the TB

Does anyone know if the Roush coupler fit the 80 mm TB? If it does then I'd try it now!

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Got the 5.0 tube today. I dont have the spacer or gasket yet. TB arrived early and looks almost new. Even with the stock setup, I should be able to determine if the tube will work tomorrow.

Sponsored

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
installed 14 gt TB using spacer and the stock intake tube works just fine. thought i would post the update since their seems to be some interest in keeping the stock look with all the pvc hook ups. I can't figure out how to upload pic.

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Yes I do, PM me if you want to work something out. Oh and if you're opening yours up to try and clean it do not use carb cleaner, instead use electronics cleaner or mass air flow sensor cleaner. Carb or brake cleaner will eat electronics alive.
Never even thought about MAF cleaner, and I actually have some I used on my Ranger. I'll PM you if I need the module. I see "soldier989" got his TB and it's in like new condition also. I feel like the guy that gets the girlfriend that's "been around". Well, if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all!

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
installed 14 gt TB using spacer and the stock intake tube works just fine. thought i would post the update since their seems to be some interest in keeping the stock look with all the pvc hook ups. I can't figure out how to upload pic.
Did you feel any difference in the engine?

WhyNot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang V6 6-speed
i'd say so, car seems to have a bit better throttle response and mid to high rpm range feels to pull a lil harder; I running stock tune just to see how the car behaves with the GT TB vs. the 3.7, gunna run it for another 100 miles or so before i load up the MPT tune.

s550v6

Mike
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang V6
i'd say so, car seems to have a bit better throttle response and mid to high rpm range feels to pull a lil harder; I running stock tune just to see how the car behaves with the GT TB vs. the 3.7, gunna run it for another 100 miles or so before i load up the MPT tune.
That's awesome news! I'm getting my intercooler coupler in tomorrow and ill be running it on a stock too also. Good to know its guna work! haha
Sponsored