Sponsored

Whipple install quotes. Pulling Engine out for OPG's??? WTHeck?

OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP Equip.Group 400A
The Whipple instructions are great and step by step, if you could instal your air ride yourself you could instal the Whipple and do OPG nad timing gear. Many here will help you out. I will personally give you my number and be available for questions, phone calls and Tech talk. I've done OPG and timing gear twice and Whipple instal 2 times as well on my car. Don't be shy to ask for help it's out there and I will be your phone a friend so to speak:thumbsup:
Too kind brother! I may take you up on it. People are busy, so just assumed. I know you have stated in other threads that you'd be more than willing to help others out with the OPG's. I'll PM ya when the kit's on its way.
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
[MENTION=26784]4orceFed[/MENTION]

If you are in Livermore, I'm a half hour give or take away from you. I would encourage you to do it yourself and I'd personally help you with every step wrench in hand or just as a safety net. I did my own including op and timing gears. I get that it seems overwhelming but it really isn't bad. Feel free to pm me if you decide to go that route or just want to talk about it. So many here have made this job easy posting pics and sharing their detailed process. Anything you don't have for the job, I do (tools, mmr damper install bolt, ford silicone, etc.).

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Too kind brother! I may take you up on it. People are busy, so just assumed. I know you have stated in other threads that you'd be more than willing to help others out with the OPG's. I'll PM ya when the kit's on its way.
Anytime just LMK.

If you are in Livermore, I'm a half hour give or take away from you. I would encourage you to do it yourself and I'd personally help you with every step wrench in hand or just as a safety net. I did my own including op and timing gears. I get that it seems overwhelming but it really isn't bad. Feel free to pm me if you decide to go that route or just want to talk about it. So many here have made this job easy posting pics and sharing their detailed process. Anything you don't have for the job, I do (tools, mmr damper install bolt, ford silicone, etc.).
You'll be in good hands with db252:clap2:

OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)

Wow! Overwhelming support. Wasn't expecting that. db252, I'll PM you in a few weeks, maybe sooner. I'll ponder all this and make a decision soon. I'm extremely appreciateive to the all the members willing to help a brother out.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
No problem. Just want to see you spend the labor money on other parts for us to see here. Let's get it done.

Sponsored

FIVE_LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Competition Orange
If you have db252 willing to help you then absolutely don't take it to a shop. These new engines are much easier to work on compared to the older engines. You got this!

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
That's kinda what I was thinking Hissman! However, this shop, which I won't name, was on a short list of recommendations from Whipple. In no way am I trying to put down Whipple. They were trying to help. Probably just naming shops that they know of in my area. I was trying to do due diligence and shop for quotes. Originally got a $3000 quote from a Ford dealership, for everything (Whipple, OPG, CS, damper), but I wanted to look around and see if that's the norm.

I'm a short distance from Livermore. Central Cali.
That's certainly not right, nor does it need to be retuned for OPG/TG. OPG/TG (which we can get for you) are rather easy during the SC install since it only adds roughly 3-4 hours max.

We do installs here, we are a bit more but we certainly do a lot here so keep that in mind.

Honestly, no reason to put a new damper on it if you are only running 6-rib. Stock is plenty fine for all street use.

OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
That's certainly not right, nor does it need to be retuned for OPG/TG. OPG/TG (which we can get for you) are rather easy during the SC install since it only adds roughly 3-4 hours max.

We do installs here, we are a bit more but we certainly do a lot here so keep that in mind.

Honestly, no reason to put a new damper on it if you are only running 6-rib. Stock is plenty fine for all street use.
Alright, now I'm confused. :confused: I spoke with Mike today, just before lunch, and he stated that you don't provide installation services for customers who don't purchase kits directly from you. I got mine from Stage 3 and would happily drive down to Fresno to know that it's being done right. Can I call tomorrow to get a quote? Thanks.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I think the responses are a tad bit reactionary.

The $1300 standard install price sounds fair.

The $1300 retune, well, youd tell them that the tune provided from Whipple will already support the exhaust, so it wont need to be retuned.

The pulling of the engine to change the OPG and timing gear. As everyone has stated, you can do it in the car. But due to the stackup at the oil pan and timing covers, the factory service manual might say to remove the oil pan first. My Nissan VQ engine is the same in this regard and the proper procedure is to remove the oil pan before R&R the timing covers. But ya, the DIY guys ignore that.

Sounds to me like they just might not be Coyote gurus and therefore are playing it safe. So while you might want to take it somewhere that knows your car better, calling them liars and thieves or retarded is a little bit over-reactionary. Just take it somewhere that knows the car better.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Just buy a keg and good food and tell everyone what Friday the 3 day party starts.
Mustang meet up and Whipple install.
Problem solved.
... just hope your neighbors dont mind the burn out contest that might occur...

Sponsored
OP
OP
4orceFed

4orceFed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Just buy a keg and good food and tell everyone what Friday the 3 day party starts.
Mustang meet up and Whipple install.
Problem solved.
... just hope your neighbors dont mind the burn out contest that might occur...
:lol::lol::lol: Great idea!

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT

If I drive my car to you will you install opgs? Send me price details thanks Dustin!

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

I'll have to keep an eye out for you guys. I live in Pleasanton. What shop quoted you all this?

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We charge 1195.00 for any PD blower install. 125 an hour. If people knew just how much it costs to run a shop, they would understand. We aren't getting rich on blower installs over here. Lol

Engine does not have to come out for OPG's and TG. About a 6 hour job with the engine in the car.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I was quoted for an OPG install by Revolution here in MD. They said they would take the engine out because it's easier. Seems like way more work to me. Needless to say, it was expensive. Did it myself in the end.
Sponsored