Sponsored

Accesstuner no more

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
Well as far as I could gather, the accesstuner software is on hold indefinitely? So pretty much it got the axe for whatever reason (it was more expensive than other platforms to begin with hint...)

So can the Accessport data log without flashing the ecu and running the oem tune?

I am trying to determine the right amount of water to inject to prevent knock and or pre ignition. I can only get 91 here.
Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
What "Accesstuner" software are you talking about? Are you talking about the Accessport from COBB? If so, they are still available. I just went and looked the 401 version was there and I was able to download it.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The accessport has to be married to the car in order to work, and it can run with the factory tune.
I ran mine in this configuration to get some baseline datalogging for Tune+.
I did not want to install the Cobb tune.

Also, you are doing water injection on a stock tune?

And Cobb says it will be updating in June

http://www.cobbtuning.com/accesstuner-updates-where-did-atr-go/

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Were you talking about Accesstuner Race (ATR)? That doesn't limit you from using the Accessport.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
AccessTunner Race Software (the tuning software package) is on hold until they work out the accompanying EFI University courses to go with it. Once that is done it will be available to buy it after you complete the courses.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mustang Ver2.3
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
The accessport has to be married to the car in order to work, and it can run with the factory tune.
I ran mine in this configuration to get some baseline datalogging for Tune+.
I did not want to install the Cobb tune.

Also, you are doing water injection on a stock tune?

And Cobb says it will be updating in June

http://www.cobbtuning.com/accesstuner-updates-where-did-atr-go/
Does the "marriage" of said accessport put a write count on the ecu?

I am fairly satisfied with the cars performance (during winter with good gas and no heat saturation:))

OP
OP
Mustang Ver2.3
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
AccessTunner Race Software (the tuning software package) is on hold until they work out the accompanying EFI University courses to go with it. Once that is done it will be available to buy it after you complete the courses.
I was pretty close to dismissing your post as a joke, but upon reading the link... I guess the joke is on me :ninja:

But seriously they could just get to agree to a waiver or warning of some kind and just charge for the licensing of the software. I am sure the users of the software are fully are of the possible consequences. But that really took me by surprise.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
I agree with what Cobb is doing in regards to requiring certain courses before tuning on these cars. $150 isn't that much and will be well worth what you'll learn.

Last edited:

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I picked up ATR before they pulled it of the market and plan on taking the course just because I'm interested.

OP
OP
Mustang Ver2.3
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
Yeah, I was worried that it got cut from their products.

How did you monitor the knock sensors to determine something was wrong or did you have to monitor a resultant value. I haven't had a turbo car before and sometimes during low rpm and high throttle the car just doesn't feel right like the power is pulsating and not smooth, but the transmission usually downshifts right after.

All I can say is that this car has its edges.

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
What a novel concept! I agree with the requirement too and as [MENTION=13694]Juben[/MENTION] said, it's valuable knowledge for the future. Even if you aren't doing the tuning, at least you'll understand what's being done and why. I find it hard to believe it'll be much of a class for $150 though, maybe 4 hours? I attended their EFI 101 class about 15 years ago and it was like 2-3 days and I think it was about $400. We even did tuning on a car on a dyno.

EFI used what I believe is called a hydraulic dyno which is MUCH better than the inertia dynos most tuners use like Dyno jet and Mustang dyno. You bolt the axle right up to the dyno. Pure inertia dynos don't allow for step tests. That's why everything's always done at WOT. If you were building a new platform and tuning with a stand-alone, an inertia dyno wouldn't be very helpful. I think the rational for using inertia dynos for tunes on our cars is they are taking a base tune from someone (SCT, COBB, Diablo or whoever) and modifying parameters based on WOT and then blending based on the existing tune.

I'd be shocked if SCT, COBB, Diablo, and Livernois would use a pure inertia dyno and I'm pretty sure Ford Performance doesn't. In my opinion, that is a major difference in the tunes. The tune is done on varying loads, not just WOT.

Last edited:

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, I was worried that it got cut from their products.

How did you monitor the knock sensors to determine something was wrong or did you have to monitor a resultant value. I haven't had a turbo car before and sometimes during low rpm and high throttle the car just doesn't feel right like the power is pulsating and not smooth, but the transmission usually downshifts right after.

All I can say is that this car has its edges.
If it's below 2500 with high throttle input it is probably LSPI or low speed pre-ignition safety kicking in. on these super fast spooling tiny turbo cars it can easily build enough boost at low rpm to cause catastrophic failure if it hits any knock. I suggest leaving that safety in place.

Tuning on these cars is a lot different as it's load based. you would log and see what limit was active and what the tune is comanding and go from there.
Sponsored

Last edited: