GT350, worth the payment?

Ricochet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT Premium 6sp
I would say get the GT over the GT350 in your situation for a lot of the same reasons already mentioned. However, if you decide to get a GT350 (yeah, I would love to have one too) and you keep the S2000...you will have an excellent backup car if you need to sale the GT350 for some reason e.g. work, house, marriage, kids...etc.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That's a call you have to make. Afford and "afford" are different things to different people. Bottom line though: if it feels uncomfortable, it is and back the hell away.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
26 here. Various jobs, finally landed a good job and then left for an even better job. I have a very nice place, and by all means a nice car even it's not a 350. I was on the border of spending 350 money. It's a great car and man it sounds wonderful. But unless you have an established life with a home, a second car, and some equity elsewhere, I wouldn't buy. If you're stretching your income at 700 a month I really wouldn't push it. The car will always be here. Hang on to your financial well being and settle for a GT until time comes. That's my plan. If I haven't already whippled my car by the time I have the house and what not I will go out and pay cash for a 350.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
The only ones that can really provide a true opinion are the ones that have owned both a GT and a GT350 and I've yet to see anyone chime in.

I've read of a couple of guys selling their GT350's for a GT but if I'm not mistaken both reasons were because they wanted to go to an automatic tranny.

Sponsored

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
IMHO, absolutely not.

But I'm old fashioned like that. To be blunt, you are a kid. You appear very smart and responsible. Likely you will be very successful as well. Doesn't matter how brilliant you are, experience creates wisdom.

But you talked about payment...

Buy a house first, save a good chunk of money. Start investing a little etc etc.

For now, imho buy something more reasonable and get into something like this in a few years when you are more established.
Agree w Superdog...Save up, prioritize and pay cash in total when you get the car of your dreams. If you absolutely have to have a GT350, get one used but don't get trapped into borrowing money for it. If you buy something new, for most cars, you'll be upside down as soon as you drive it off the lot. Good luck!!

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
The only ones that can really provide a true opinion are the ones that have owned both a GT and a GT350 and I've yet to see anyone chime in.

I've read of a couple of guys selling their GT350's for a GT but if I'm not mistaken both reasons were because they wanted to go to an automatic tranny.
I"ll chime in. Owned many GT's to include a 15 GT/PP that I traded in for the 350. Ther is on question, with no money concerns, GT350 all the way!!!! The 350 does not feel like a GT at all in any driving aspect.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Agree w Superdog...Save up, prioritize and pay cash in total when you get the car of your dreams. If you absolutely have to have a GT350, get one used but don't get trapped into borrowing money for it. If you buy something new, for most cars, you'll be upside down as soon as you drive it off the lot. Good luck!!
If some people wait to buy the car of their dreams cash most will never have it. Id probably do something stupid like buy another house lol.

Superdog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Black on Black

Fwiw, I had a 15 GT which I sold for a 16 Z51. Sold the vette to fund the 17 GT350. All paid for in full.

In terms of my favorite? GT350 by a long shot. No competition.

That said, the GT was awesome. I didn't get rid of it because I didn't like it. No, I loved it. It's a super car, tons of balls, looks great and with the performance pack it's a beast in the streets.

I flipped the way I did (long story) because I ultimately wanted the 350.

That said, I'm 42 and I've been around the block a few times. My house is paid, my office pays my daily and I'm looking pretty good in terms of retirement.

The GT is an exceptional car and used can be had for a very competitive price. No shame at all in going that route.

I always advocate strongly for living cheap until things are more easily accessible.

I know a lot of people "use" debt. But once a valley hits, and they always do, always best to have minimal debt and a smaller monthly nut.

Sponsored

sl1kn1ck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PREM PP MANUAL OXFORD WHITE 201A
BUY IT!! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE

Once you get married and have kids, you'll be buying a minivan, and if you are VERY lucky (like me) you'll get an ecoboost LOL

NICK

Ricochet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT Premium 6sp
If some people wait to buy the car of their dreams cash most will never have it. Id probably do something stupid like buy another house lol.
This is actually a very good point...get a GT350 while you can, because work or life might prevent that from happening in the future. You are never to young to enjoy life, and a GT350 would definitely make it funnier and more exciting!
:headbang:
BUY IT!! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE

Once you get married and have kids, you'll be buying a minivan, and if you are VERY lucky (like me) you'll get an ecoboost LOL

NICK
Exactly! :thumbsup:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Another house not stupid if you're making money on it!!! :thumbsup:

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Fwiw, I had a 15 GT which I sold for a 16 Z51. Sold the vette to fund the 17 GT350. All paid for in full.

In terms of my favorite? GT350 by a long shot. No competition.

That said, the GT was awesome. I didn't get rid of it because I didn't like it. No, I loved it. It's a super car, tons of balls, looks great and with the performance pack it's a beast in the streets.

I flipped the way I did (long story) because I ultimately wanted the 350.

That said, I'm 42 and I've been around the block a few times. My house is paid, my office pays my daily and I'm looking pretty good in terms of retirement.

The GT is an exceptional car and used can be had for a very competitive price. No shame at all in going that route.

I always advocate strongly for living cheap until things are more easily accessible.

I know a lot of people "use" debt. But once a valley hits, and they always do, always best to have minimal debt and a smaller monthly nut.
Best advice I've seen. Lot of people throwing around the similar story but this is the most complete. Anyway, no matter how well off an individual is, if it comes down to you making monthly payments and say you had to just take a best case scenario position and you made on 40k a year, 700 dollars a month would be really hard to deal with. I pay 400 now and make well beyond 40k a year. I would never put myself in the situation where I was spending a large percentage of my take home income on a car. Not unless I could guarantee my home was paid off.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
I debated between GT350 or going with a Premium GT and adding a Whipple. I love my GT, and if I had it to do over again 10 times, i'd make this same decision 10 times. However, I have seen a few GT350's at the dealership, and my mouth waters every time. While I love my GT with the Whipple, I am not nieve to cool factor and mystique of the GT350. While I made my decision, and stand by it, I could also 100% agree with the exact opposite theory, in regards to just getting the GT350. Just to say "I have a Voodoo engine under the hood" sounds COOL. I totally understand that I have offered zero value to OP's actual question, and for that, you all can thank me :) LOL Will always adore my GT, yet will always hold a nice amount of envy for you GT350 owners. :cheers:
Sponsored