600RWHP Naturally Aspirated Coyote

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I'm not sure where to post this since it isn't a 6th Gen so I'm assuming this is as good a spot as any. I just wanted to share my car with everyone and the great work that JPC Racing has done for me in getting my car back to me. Back in 2014 I spun a bearing on my way home from work and from the moment I spoke with [MENTION=16436]Aaron@Jpcracing[/MENTION] until the day I pulled out of the parking lot I was amazed and thankful for the amount of time that they spent with me in getting the build together and all of the questions I have asked along the way. The customer service has been second to none IMO even helping me out when the piston manufacture let a bad piston slip by quality control, they said don't worry about it, we are going to cover the cost of everything and get back on the road as quickly as possible and work everything out from there. I can't count how many times I have seen something go wrong and the owner of the car is stuck having to foot the bill or is sitting there waiting months on end for some sort of action to happen. That certainly wasn't the case here, I was called immediately and was told there might be something wrong with a piston, but not to worry about we are going to pull them out order new ones and get you up and running while we deal with the manufacturer. You have nothing to worry about, just let us deal with it. I can count on half a hand how many times I have seen that happen.

Anyway, onto the car! Here it is during the tuning process for E85:

[ame]

The car ended up making 564 on 93, 579 on E85, & 594 on FTW. The only time I'm not rounding those numbers up is on my taxes haha.

Rich over at RGR is one of the best modular engine builders in the nation and the work that he did on this car coming up with everything to make it all work perfectly is unreal. All of this is on the stock 11:1 compression so I can only imagine what these numbers would be if we followed suit with the other All Motor N/A builds and bumped compression to 12:1+. Kevin MacDonald did his magic with the tuning and it is no wonder he tunes some of the fastest coyote's in the country! This thing just moves the fuck out and from 4500 RPM on up the car just punches you in the face and pulls all the way up to 8200 like a god damn freight train, it just doesn't want to stop. With the cams and the monoblade throttle body on there I was expecting the driveability to greatly suffer, but it did great IMO. Very little bucking or throttle surge and this was with the traffic heading into American Muscle and also driving it around the parking lot using only my big toe to press on the gas. I'm so impressed with the job that Kevin did with the tune in all honesty. The car is just an absolute monster and I can't imagine what it will be like on the road course. I'm looking forward to my first outing to relearn how the car will behave. I'm hoping to show a few Corvette's my taillights though :D

Everyone there knows what they are doing at the shop and did an amazing job! When Aaron walked me around the shop it was just a hodgepodge of 7 second cars with a bunch of 8 second cars and then god knows how many 9 second cars were sitting in the shop getting work done to them with a few SRT8 Grand Cherokee, a Viper, some Lightnings basically anything you could want to make go fast I have seen in their shop at one point or the other. I was just blown away at the shop.

Here is a dyno sheet and idle clip to end this off. I couldn't say enough positive things about JPC they are just a great group of amazing people in MD.

28813963082_4e120e0a9c_c.jpg

[ame]
Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
I'm in the midst of a similar engine build with my s550. We're hoping for similar numbers on e85.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
holy shit!!! This is just amazing and beautiful all at the same time. ~600RWHP NA:love::love::love::love::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
Love that free-revving nature of the Coyote. Completely different feel than the old 5.0 SBF's like I had in my old Fox. Those could be built to hit hard in the midrange, but top end always felt like they were running out of breath...

OP
OP
ford20

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I'm in the midst of a similar engine build with me s550. We're hoping for similar numbers on e85.
If you don't mind sharing what are you guys doing to your motor?

holy shit!!! This is just amazing and beautiful all at the same time. ~600RWHP NA:love::love::love::love::eyebulge::eyebulge::eyebulge:
Haha thank you! I am quite partial to it now! Before I was thinking of just selling it when I got it back, but not anymore. I love this thing!!

Love that free-revving nature of the Coyote. Completely different feel than the old 5.0 SBF's like I had in my old Fox. Those could be built to hit hard in the midrange, but top end always felt like they were running out of breath...
Yes sir, I love how these coyotes just want to keep on pulling all the way to the top.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
- CJ w/ Twin 65 (Manifold port matched to heads)
- ID 1k injectors
- MMR Stage 2 NA Cams
- Valve springs
- Secondary chains B302
- Tensioners B302
- VVT Delete
- OPG
- CG
- MMR Chain guides
- SW 1 7/8 LT's
- Full 3" flow through exhaust collector back
- Oil cooler and other track prep bits

We're expecting 560-580 whp on E95 from this setup. With ported heads and a valve job, I think it could crack 600, depending on the dyno.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
YAS! Good work guys!

Love your car Sean.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Nice work!

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Vinny, y'all planning on making a s550 specific CJ kit? Adapting this 11-14 has been a pain..

Sponsored

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vinny, y'all planning on making a s550 specific CJ kit? Adapting this 11-14 has been a pain..
Not at the moment, not exactly sure how big the demand has been. Seems to be a big mix on what manifolds people are running...The GT350 has been far more popular.

I've seen a few people install the kit like this.

11-14 CJ Tube and coupler/clamps
2015+ heat shield
4.5x6" filter (rather than a 4.5"x9"

I can put any parts together you may need.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Not at the moment, not exactly sure how big the demand has been. Seems to be a big mix on what manifolds people are running...The GT350 has been far more popular.

I've seen a few people install the kit like this.

11-14 CJ Tube and coupler/clamps
2015+ heat shield
4.5x6" filter (rather than a 4.5"x9"

I can put any parts together you may need.
Yeah, I was the on who bought those from you the other day, lol.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yeah, I was the on who bought those from you the other day, lol.
Shoot me a PM or email with what you got going on with fitment and I may have a recommendation or two.

vinny @ jlttruecoldair.com

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Shoot me a PM or email with what you got going on with fitment and I may have a recommendation or two.

vinny @ jlttruecoldair.com
I got it to fit, just wish there was a dedicated option.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Awesome stuff Sean!
I already commented on that other Mustang forum, but I have to say it again. Congrats and enjoy sir. That is awesome. :thumbsup:
Sponsored