Sponsored

16 GT PP dead to me

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
There is a 10 speed coming really soon. Why not wait for it?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
10 spd will not be in the GT any time soon.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
A previous poster hit the nail on the head. As with anything everybody wants to defend their actions and choices as not to look dumb. All trying to justify their actions. I am amazed at the petyness and maturity level of some of the responses. Even though we share an interest in mustangs our reasons for that interest vary greatly. The OP realized the car he bought was not what he wanted so he bought a new one. He described what he did not like and did not blame or complain. If you like what you got great if not change it simple. I have had many mustangs. Right now I have a 99 Roush supercharged that runs low 10's. When I looked at the new 16's I personally did not like the manual as much as the T56 in the 99 so I got an auto. I also have bad knees which was a big part of the decision for me. I have added a supercharger and the car runs great. In my opinion you will never be able to out shift a computer. If you know what you are doing the paddles can be used very effectively on curvy roads and be fun to drive. Since I am new on the forum I will try to fit in so here goes... My auto is faster than your manual, I know everything about everything and most of all my dad can beat up your dad nanny, nanny poopers. To the OP good luck with the new car.
I had the GT PP on order, but then changed my mind after reading about the MT82 problems. The auto has several nice features that the manual doesn't have.

Some days I wish I had a manual, or wish I had all the PP goodies. But most days I'm glad I have the auto for DD use. So I am slowly building my own PP setup, and there is the world of parts to choose from.

There is a 10 speed coming really soon. Why not wait for it?
And this would likely be the most compelling reason for me to trade my car for MY18, should it come with that. I want the 3.55 ratio (which I don't have) for 2nd gear, but I want the 3.15 for the highway in 6th. Really a 7-spd would be ideal, or maybe 8 tops. So the new 10-spd would have it all covered obviously.

Kudos to the OP for having the courage to make the trade. My only regret in my custom order was skipping 3.55, but that is minor compared to his auto-vs-manual choice.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
OP
OP
Jay-rod427

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
7 spd would be perfect imo. Just another double overdrive for 80+ highway cruising. Maybe like a .55 ratio or so. Don't mess with the first 6 gears.

Sponsored

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
I test drove the 392 Charger. It hauls ass. It does feel like your driving a tank. In a good way though. I called it the bruiser. Probably would have got one but they cost too much for me at the time. :)

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
I test drove the 392 Charger. It hauls ass. It does feel like your driving a tank. In a good way though. I called it the bruiser. Probably would have got one but they cost too much for me at the time. :)
Not going to lie its a big beautiful car but I loved the feel of my 14 V6 so I wanted something more nimble!

The big three competing is the best thing we have going for us!

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
IMO it comes down to what suits the driver...in my case my daily commute is roughly 25 miles and I don't have to take a major freeway to get to work. So for me rowing gears over hills, down hills, around curves is a joy. Now if I drive to LA and get caught in "traffic" my fun-meter is pegged. But at the end of the day (no pun intended) I'm glad I purchased a manual tranny, whether it's a Track Pack, Performance Pack, or Base model. Just love changing gears it's MY preference, but I don't think less of owners who prefer/drive autos.

Options!!!!! Is the key of life :cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Strong rumor is in the 2018 model year, which is this time next year.
That strong rumor is more like internet wishful thinking...

It wont happen on the GT next year.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
In 2018, all they need to do is a body refresh and offer the PP with auto. That is all.

Maybe also put in a respectable upgraded stereo because the Shaker one is f'ing crap.

And maybe also a new set of wheel designs but I really don't care 'cuz those end up getting replaced by people who actually care anyway.

Akwarreng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
warren
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium PP
What happened to that car?

500 rwhp out of a N/A Coyote seems optimistic. What's involved with doing that?
LT headers, intake manifold, throttle body, injectors, and good e85 tune should be close to 500rwhp.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
LT headers, intake manifold, throttle body, injectors, and good e85 tune should be close to 500rwhp.
500 rwhp is what, 550-580 ?

I haven't seen evidence in previous postings that the above mods will make that sort of gains. Maybe 500 hp at the crank ?
Sponsored