Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Ah, well, these are what they are for (as I recall)

Condor - previous GT500
Terminator - '03-'04 SVT Cobra
Raptor - F-150 Raptor
Petunia - previous Ford GT
Hummingbird - current GT350

So, there is at least some apparent preference for bird names, though I always thing Jurassic Park when I hear "Raptor". My understanding is that in this case, it is more of a bird reference. Of course, that's probably open to interpretation within Ford as well...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Should we expect the Mach 1 to debut with the '18MY facelift........or slightly later in the '18MY?

:)
Personally, I still think the GT500 will be coming for MY2018. So given TopNotch's post, I know Mustang sales are still strong, but a Mach 1 introduced this summer or fall would be a cool way give the otherwise unchanged 2017 model a little kick. And like with the Boss 302, it could carry over to the refresh for MY2018 as well.

Rlhay2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Viper
GT500 won't arrive for a while...Next up MACh1
Personally, I still think the GT500 will be coming for MY2018.
Ford management has long admitted that anniversaries are significant milestones to them.

2017 would be the 50th Anniversary of the GT500! It would be a major faux pas to let this pass unheralded.

Last edited:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ford management has long admitted that anniversaries are significant milestones to them.

2017 would be the 50th Anniversary of the GT500! It would be a major faux pas to let is pass unheralded.
That's why I think it'll have a rollout like the GT350 with it's late MY2015 production run. Very small production run to hit the 2017 model year late but still getting the anniversary and full scale production for MY2018.

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Ya but, the GT350 was listed in the 2015 order guide. The GT500 is not listed in 2017 order guide. There is the difference. No 2017 GT500 coming.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Ah, well, these are what they are for (as I recall)

Condor - previous GT500
Terminator - '03-'04 SVT Cobra
Raptor - F-150 Raptor
Petunia - previous Ford GT
Hummingbird - current GT350

So, there is at least some apparent preference for bird names, though I always thing Jurassic Park when I hear "Raptor". My understanding is that in this case, it is more of a bird reference. Of course, that's probably open to interpretation within Ford as well...
You forgot Phoenix...

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I suspect there may not even be an order guide for such a high end vehicle like the Ford GT.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Read the beginning of this thread, hilarious.

Enzo, lay off the crack pipe.

The only thing ground breaking about the '13 GT500 when it came out was the power.

I really cant wait to see what Ford does with this GT500, IRS, much improved braking system (compared to the '13 GT500). I'm thinking about putting a down since my 5.0 is almost paid off.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Ya but, the GT350 was listed in the 2015 order guide. The GT500 is not listed in 2017 order guide. There is the difference. No 2017 GT500 coming.
Ah interesting, didn't know that. Well maybe this shows Ford isn't concerned with hitting anniversaries anymore. And with TopNotch saying Mach 1 comes before GT500 I don't have a clue what the timeline could be anymore. I don't think they'd make the GT500 anything later than MY2018 but certainly sounds that way. Refreshed Mustang, Mach 1, GT500 and possibly even Bullitt all for 2018 sounds like way too much to be realistic.

EXP Jawa

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.torsen.com
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
1999 Cobra Convertible, Electric Green
Ah interesting, didn't know that. Well maybe this shows Ford isn't concerned with hitting anniversaries anymore. And with TopNotch saying Mach 1 comes before GT500 I don't have a clue what the timeline could be anymore. I don't think they'd make the GT500 anything later than MY2018 but certainly sounds that way. Refreshed Mustang, Mach 1, GT500 and possibly even Bullitt all for 2018 sounds like way too much to be realistic.
That's why I've been advocating a staggered launch - the changes to the Mustang as a whole for the '18MY will be enough to keep the Mustang team busy and to generate press/customer interest. My feeling is that you are not going to see any special edition car until the fuss over that has died down, either late '18MY or '19 even.

My guess is that GT500 will launch as such, then the Mach1/Bullitt will follow 6mo later. Mind you, that's either/or, not both. Popular rumor pegs that as being a Mach1, but there's not been any direct evidence to that effect. There is reason to believe that it could be a Bullitt instead, as I've previously said, but that all remains to be seen...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
That's why I've been advocating a staggered launch - the changes to the Mustang as a whole for the '18MY will be enough to keep the Mustang team busy and to generate press/customer interest. My feeling is that you are not going to see any special edition car until the fuss over that has died down, either late '18MY or '19 even.

My guess is that GT500 will launch as such, then the Mach1/Bullitt will follow 6mo later. Mind you, that's either/or, not both. Popular rumor pegs that as being a Mach1, but there's not been any direct evidence to that effect. There is reason to believe that it could be a Bullitt instead, as I've previously said, but that all remains to be seen...
Yeah, could be late MY2018 for GT500 and Mach 1. From the stuff I've read on here along with a buddy with connections, the Mach 1 is definitely happening and coming for 2018MY.

The angle I think they'll go for the Bullitt is something along the lines of the 50th LE at best or even something as simple as the Black Accent package. Someone in the Bullitt owners club said they talked to Dave Pericak last year and he acted like they weren't planning to do a Bullitt but this person suggested an appearance package and he seemed receptive to the idea. So given the lack of buzz about an actual Bullitt edition, they may just offer Dark Highland Green as a 2018-only color, and have a blank grill, faux gas cap and foundry wheels and call it a day. Or they may do nothing at all lol.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
I really do not see another Bullitt Mustang happening.
I suspect a '19 release date for the Mach 1 with updated, retro-type exterior cosmetics and interior upgrades, a mildly louder quad-tip exhaust system, Ford Racing type suspension/big brakes and a revised 475 hp 5.0L Coyote.
A Drag Pack option featuring a N/A 5.2L Coyote / 10 speed automatic and 3.73 rear gear would be a blast. Or perhaps a S/C 5.0.

I do not think that a killer GT 500 package has not been fully developed and sorted out yet. I suspect it may arrive at the end of S550 production or perhaps not until the introduction of a significantly lighter (hopefully) S650.

Let's see what changes and options are released for 2018.
By then there should be more accurate, future product information available as to what the final developments are for the S550 and some hints about the S650.

It is going to be very interesting to see the future developments and applications of both V8 / V6 engines and EB technology.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I just think it would be easier for Ford to bring out a Mach1 than a GT500. 2018 Mach1 FTW !
Sponsored