2017 Mustang Order Guide

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I am glad I bought a 16, I love the turn signals in the hood vents! Seeing that they removed the turn signals from the 17 makes me less bummed about Grabber Blue being available for the 17 and not the 16 because my car just became collectible with the turn signals.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I am glad I bought a 16, I love the turn signals in the hood vents! Seeing that they removed the turn signals from the 17 makes me less bummed about Grabber Blue being available for the 17 and not the 16 because my car just became collectible with the turn signals.
Or you could look at the flip side of things.... Just one more potential thing to go wrong on the car. One of the reasons I hated the flip up headlights on my '97 Firebird Formula. The electric motors for those were $200 apiece when they stop working. Then again, we're just talking about light bulbs in this case so it's not as detrimental.

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I noticed that the 051A package is no longer available on the V6 coupe? No fog lights, no options for 18" wheels? More proof that Ford is trying to retire the base model. The V6 looks like a plain basic stripped down ride. I guess my '15 can't be replaced with something comparable now.

bootyeater69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CompOr GT MT-82
I noticed that the 051A package is no longer available on the V6 coupe? No fog lights, no options for 18" wheels? More proof that Ford is trying to retire the base model. The V6 looks like a plain basic stripped down ride. I guess my '15 can't be replaced with something comparable now.

that's a good thing. V6 should be 17k otd then it would sell more

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Or you could look at the flip side of things.... Just one more potential thing to go wrong on the car. One of the reasons I hated the flip up headlights on my '97 Firebird Formula. The electric motors for those were $200 apiece when they stop working. Then again, we're just talking about light bulbs in this case so it's not as detrimental.
I'm not going to look at it that way and I choose to look at the positive. The flip up lights were always problematic all the way back to the 80's and was a very well known issue. Plenty of things can go wrong with a car and the expense for maintaining a vehicle is a given. I'm not too concerned about the hood signals failing because, so far, I haven't heard of there being any issues with them.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm not going to look at it that way and I choose to look at the positive. The flip up lights were always problematic all the way back to the 80's and was a very well known issue. Plenty of things can go wrong with a car and the expense for maintaining a vehicle is a given. I'm not too concerned about the hood signals failing because, so far, I haven't heard of there being any issues with them.
I'm even considering a 2016 with them myself.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Also because of this, no 3.55 option in the V6 coupe anymore. That blows.

amfalc01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, 6 speed, Race Red/Redline
I just ordered a 2017, Race Red with black roof, Performance Package, etc. When the dealer tried to add Premium Trim with Redline, the on-line order screen gave an 'Incompatible' error, even though the order guide says its available. So I'm thinking it's either the black roof that makes it incompatible, or that maybe you can only get Redline Recaro seats with Race Red. I got the black interior, but I would have liked the red just to be a little different. Since you can change an order up until the time the build is scheduled, we are going to try again in a few weeks, but as for now it appears that the order guide is wrong, or at least not specific.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I got a 41k quote on a 2017 GT Premium with a 43.5k msrp. The 2016 with same options is 37k currently. I may bite.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I just ordered a 2017, Race Red with black roof, Performance Package, etc. When the dealer tried to add Premium Trim with Redline, the on-line order screen gave an 'Incompatible' error, even though the order guide says its available. So I'm thinking it's either the black roof that makes it incompatible, or that maybe you can only get Redline Recaro seats with Race Red. I got the black interior, but I would have liked the red just to be a little different. Since you can change an order up until the time the build is scheduled, we are going to try again in a few weeks, but as for now it appears that the order guide is wrong, or at least not specific.
I suspect its more likely Ford just forgot to update the program so the restriction against Race Red and Redline interior is still there from 2016.

amfalc01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, 6 speed, Race Red/Redline
I will try again in a few weeks, maybe with better luck!

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Just got an email from my sales rep stating that my car will be built on 5/23. I thought Job 1 wasn't until the first week in June.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
That whole schedule was just an estimate from what I can tell...

Furious D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/PP
I pulled the trigger on a '16 yesterday but was seriously considering ordering a '17 in Grabber Blue when I saw it was returning.

... The only roadblock was the look on the wife's face when I pitched the GIS results to her lol
Sponsored