Sponsored

Magnetic or Shadow Black

DJ_Vorticees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 GT
What's up guys? This is my first post so please don't crucify me too harshly!

I'm graduating college in a couple of weeks and as a gift my parents are ordering me a S550 GT so I'm pretty stoked about that! However, I'm literally undecided on getting either Magnetic or Shadow Black (Performance Package) with Red Line Premier Trim Interior. Every time I see a Shadow Black, I lean towards that direction. I have never seen a Magnetic here in Chicago yet though (I saw one in Florida earlier this month and loved it).

I was hoping to get some opinions for you guys here to help me out even though ultimately I do know it is my decision in the end! Thanks guys!
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Nothing to crucify you for! You gotta make the best decision and if asking here helps, then you've done the right thing.

I went back and forth a lot, but when I saw the black with black wheels in person I knew that was the one. I would really suggest you find a dealer that has both on the lot before making a 30+ thousand dollar decision. I think you'll be glad you did. I would say in the chicagoland area you shouldn't even have too hard a time finding it. Good luck!

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Black is beautiful. But it is a sunny day only ride. A would have another color for a daily driver.

bumada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Performance Package
Black does look great but the upkeep is a killer. Always getting swirl marks and water spots show up like crazy.

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Black is beautiful. But it is a sunny day only ride. A would have another color for a daily driver.
I daily drive mine, but this is still good advice. It takes about 10 minutes to get dirty again. But from a distance, it does still shine.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DJ_Vorticees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 GT
Nothing to crucify you for! You gotta make the best decision and if asking here helps, then you've done the right thing.

I went back and forth a lot, but when I saw the black with black wheels in person I knew that was the one. I would really suggest you find a dealer that has both on the lot before making a 30+ thousand dollar decision. I think you'll be glad you did. I would say in the chicagoland area you shouldn't even have too hard a time finding it. Good luck!
Yeah I agree. I might have to take a weekend soon and travel to different lots and see how I feel in person.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Everywhere you look people are black plasti dipping their wheels. The GT Mustang in black with the pp package truly looks great with black wheels.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Black looks nice when it's clean and maintained. If you are lazy, avoid black.

PS, you get a car for graduating college? My parents just assumed I better graduated and finished a 4 year degree in 3. Of course my parents are Chinese, and I paid for my toys.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
when i was getting ready to my 2015 i went through the black vs magnetic debate for a while and finally ended up with magnetic. in person it looks so good with blacked out badges and black wheels that if i ever buy another car/truck that has magnetic available ill be getting it again.

All opinion of course.

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
And don't let those kids at the dealership wash your car. You do it. Use a good body shampoo, and paint cleaner, and polish and wax. Nothing but good microfiber should touch that car.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I have a Magnetic GT Premium PP with Redline interior and it's a gorgeous combo. It's a PITA to keep clean but much easier to maintain than Black would be. From 10 ft away it always looks clean but when you get on top of it you can see how dirty it is. Even dirty the Magnetic looks amazing. Mine is my DD also and I am very happy with this combo.

Ghostrider209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
I have a 2016 Shadow Black GT premium with Performance Package and I love it BUT what has been stated in this thread is true. It gets dirty within a few minutes of being washed (oh well). Every time I see a Magnetic Gray/Silver Mustang it turns my head. They look great with the performance package wheels. I often think I should have bought it in Magnetic but oh well. I feel like you lose some of the angles and contours with black, it kind of wash's it out. If I could go back I'd get the Magnetic Gray.