BLAZE489's GT350 LIFE

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey Blaze,
Congratulations and appreciate you throwing your manual transmission skills development out there! I gotta say I kinda cringe with your stories of luggings,stallings, and unplanned peel outs...hope you're on a steep learning curve:thumbsup: All good in the long run!! How about a pic on your curb fix?
Congrats again!
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Beautiful car! Congrats! I've noticed that the clutch of the mustang is somewhat strange feeling due to the assist spring. I get used to it when I drive the GT350, but after driving one of my other cars it takes a bit to adapt. You might take a look at the Steeda clutch spring mod to see if that helps with the clutch feel.

-T

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 SHELBY GT350 Magnetic Track Pack
Beautiful car! Congrats! I've noticed that the clutch of the mustang is somewhat strange feeling due to the assist spring. I get used to it when I drive the GT350, but after driving one of my other cars it takes a bit to adapt. You might take a look at the Steeda clutch spring mod to see if that helps with the clutch feel.

-T
Yea I ordered the spring

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Blaze,
Congratulations and appreciate you throwing your manual transmission skills development out there! I gotta say I kinda cringe with your stories of luggings,stallings, and unplanned peel outs...hope you're on a steep learning curve:thumbsup: All good in the long run!! How about a pic on your curb fix?
Congrats again!
Yea no more stalling and peel outs, at first I was trying to do both pedals. One of my friends who has a 5.0 came over to give me some pointers. He said just use the clutch to grab and slowly move forward then give gas. That is alot easier since its one pedal at a time, then I build back up to the other way.

He also let me try his car because he completely removed the spring, its a tougher press, but the linear motion is better.

It makes it up the curb, I go like I am prarallel parking, make sure both right side tires (front and back are on the curb) then cut 90 degrees and it makes it.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Nice car :coolphotos: Now go back and make the dealer remove his badge off the back :frusty:. I would of not let them even put it on.
You stole my car!!

Yes!!!! Take the dealer sticker off!!!! Hair dryer or hot water and goo be gone or adhesive remover.

OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You stole my car!!

Yes!!!! Take the dealer sticker off!!!! Hair dryer or hot water and goo be gone or adhesive remover.
I didnt think it was a huge deal, then my friend said this.

If you found a collectors box of a game, and then bam target put a nice $19.99 price sticker on it, then you try to remove it and leaves some of the resedue. Then you tear the plastic on accident and ruin the value.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

If you found a collectors box of a game, and then bam target put a nice $19.99 price sticker on it, then you try to remove it and leaves some of the resedue. Then you tear the plastic on accident and ruin the value.
Friend, that dealer decal has no value to your car. And removing it will not leave residue that won't come off. I will tell you this. My family owns a body shop, the longer you keep a decal on and then decide to remove it, the longer it's on the adhesive etches the paint and you will always forever see the outline of the decal. Even if it's repainted, unless its stripped to bare metal. That dealer sticker is a eye sore and does nothing to the cars value. The sooner you remove it the better. Ford didn't put that dealer sticker on, the dealer did. Now if you took off the GT350 Fender emblems then yes that would de value the car.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I tell the dealership that if they want to put their damn sticker on my car I will not buy it unless they pay me $100/month for advertising the dealershiop.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Yea, that was a pretty crappy move by the dealer to stick that sticker on. They already got a license plate, how much more do they need? Leave the stickers to escapes, fusions, and fiestas of the lot. Leave the mustangs alone.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Blaze489

Blaze489

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tracking the Car:

Ordered : 9/1/15
Added track pack : 2/22/16
Received VIN # : 3/1/16
Received Window Sticker: 3/20/16
Build Week: 3/28/16
Released from Plant: 3/31/16
Waiting Rail Car # : 4/1/16
Received Rail Car # : 4/9/16
Unloaded off train and on 18 Wheeler : 4/16/16
Delivered at Prep Lot: 4/20/16
Picked up from Dealership: 4/23/16

Photos:
Receipt of First Fill up by the dealership
Tracking of the car being made and shipped
IMG_3345.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_3347.jpg
IMG_3346.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Tracking the Car:

Ordered : 9/1/15
Added track pack : 2/22/16
Received VIN # : 3/1/16
Received Window Sticker: 3/20/16
Build Week: 3/28/16
Released from Plant: 3/31/16
Waiting Rail Car # : 4/1/16
Received Rail Car # : 4/9/16
Unloaded off train and on 18 Wheeler : 4/16/16
Delivered at Prep Lot: 4/20/16
Picked up from Dealership: 4/23/16

Photos:
Receipt of First Fill up by the dealership
Tracking of the car being made and shipped
This is the kind of documents that matter. Not a dealer trunk sticker.

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
Friend, that dealer decal has no value to your car. And removing it will not leave residue that won't come off. I will tell you this. My family owns a body shop, the longer you keep a decal on and then decide to remove it, the longer it's on the adhesive etches the paint and you will always forever see the outline of the decal. Even if it's repainted, unless its stripped to bare metal. That dealer sticker is a eye sore and does nothing to the cars value. The sooner you remove it the better. Ford didn't put that dealer sticker on, the dealer did. Now if you took off the GT350 Fender emblems then yes that would de value the car.
I'd be especially pissed off considering he PAID IN FULL for the car. I mean...wow!:tsk:

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes

Congrats on the car! Dont let the dealer advertise on your hard earned baby for free!!!! This is what ALMOST ended up on my car. I have to say the ugliest dealer sticker I've ever seen.....

[/url]2016-04-26_02-21-09 by Performance Restoration, on Flickr[/IMG]
Sponsored