Sponsored

Intercooler Choices?

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
I'm looking for a direct bolt on replacement intercooler. Does anyone have any recommendations without breaking the bank?

I was looking at the MAP Billet Intercooler and the Custom Performance ΔCore Front Mount Intercooler. Does anyone have either of these and do they perform well?

I'm looking for the best price/performance. Thanks!
Sponsored

Damndave

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I'm looking for a direct bolt on replacement intercooler. Does anyone have any recommendations without breaking the bank?

I was looking at the MAP Billet Intercooler and the Custom Performance ΔCore Front Mount Intercooler. Does anyone have either of these and do they perform well?

I'm looking for the best price/performance. Thanks!
There's a great sticky with everything you need to knkw on fmic

Reactions: S7N

Damndave

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
The big intercooler thread, awesome info

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Direct replacement are Mishimoto, CP-e, MAP, and Cobb that I know of. Don't know how they compare but I know Cobb is $$$. Looks like it's the largest one though.

I just had my MAP one installed. Supposedly good for 500hp but the non direct replacement ones are said to be better.

Any of them should work well, but I don't think there are any posted results of Cobb or CP-e

OP
OP
S7N

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Direct replacement are Mishimoto, CP-e, MAP, and Cobb that I know of. Don't know how they compare but I know Cobb is $$$. Looks like it's the largest one though.

I just had my MAP one installed. Supposedly good for 500hp but the non direct replacement ones are said to be better.

Any of them should work well, but I don't think there are any posted results of Cobb or CP-e
Thanks I was just looking for some feedback from you guys that have these installed already. I'm leaning towards the MAP myself but can't decide between that or the Custom Performance ΔCore Front Mount Intercooler. Anyhow guess I'll do a little more researching. Thanks for the reply :cheers:

Sponsored

bestbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB 2015 Mustang DIB

Really?
CP-E's specifications seem to be bigger than cobbs 20x5x5 core? Plus their running the promo for $499 with fully cast end tanks... Thats saying alot, I'm personally planning to pick one up in 2 days time.

Lexman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Really?
CP-E's specifications seem to be bigger than cobbs 20x5x5 core? Plus their running the promo for $499 with fully cast end tanks... Thats saying alot, I'm personally planning to pick one up in 2 days time.
Well there you go. That's a no brainer! The stock one is soooo much lighter than the MAP! The CP-E is gotta be even more substantial!

bestbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB 2015 Mustang DIB
Well there you go. That's a no brainer! The stock one is soooo much lighter than the MAP! The CP-E is gotta be even more substantial!
Correction cobb has it listed as 20x5.9x5.9 = 696.2 in^3

CP-E is 22x5x6.5 = 715 in^3

So not a significant difference but $350 in between. The cobb intercooler from the Cjponyparts video seems to indicate that it includes a couple of couplers and clamps for oem fit.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I'm running the MAP intercooler. It does the job well no complaints. I think all of the direct replacement ones will perform the same as they are are similar in size.

EcoBoostin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium MT
I put my car back to stock because I took it in for the PCV TSB. I will be ordering the CP-e intercooler in the near future and this summer i will be installing the intercooler, Catless downpipe, CAI, Tune+ wastegate, and retune. Kinda can't wait lol

Sponsored

bestbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB 2015 Mustang DIB
I put my car back to stock because I took it in for the PCV TSB. I will be ordering the CP-e intercooler in the near future and this summer i will be installing the intercooler, Catless downpipe, CAI, Tune+ wastegate, and retune. Kinda can't wait lol
sorry to derail this off topic but do you have the TSB # for replacing the PCV?

b00sted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost - 2011 Ford F150 Ecoboost
I have the MAP now. The fit is perfect, the quality is excellent. It made a huge difference over stock as you'd expect. The biggest thing I dislike is that it takes a VERY long time to recover once it gets heat soaked. In Florida that is a major concern. I have ordered a Levels and will be installing it, hopefully a day this week if it shows up. More surface area should result in faster recovery times.

bestbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB 2015 Mustang DIB
I have the MAP now. The fit is perfect, the quality is excellent. It made a huge difference over stock as you'd expect. The biggest thing I dislike is that it takes a VERY long time to recover once it gets heat soaked. In Florida that is a major concern. I have ordered a Levels and will be installing it, hopefully a day this week if it shows up. More surface area should result in faster recovery times.
Do you think this would be an issue on all drop in intercoolers then that don't require the removal of the AGS?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
If I was in the market today for a stock placement upgrade, I'd go CP-e without hesitation. It's a larger core, has cast endtanks with flow diverters, and right now it's on sale for a steal of a price.