Sponsored

Ford oil catch cans

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Thanks Wayne,

I may take a chance and see if I can make it work. I'm still waiting on the FRPP performance pack, so I'm going to wait and see if that ends up including a CAI.

Would hate to spend the time hooking it up, just to have to do it again if the intake changes.

Appreciate the link/help.

Chuck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
You are welcome. I ordered one for the driver's side to put on my 14 GT. I'm not too keen on drilling holes in that tab he was talking about so I'm going to see if I can come up with some other options.

Wayne
Sponsored

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Let me know how it comes out. Don't want to speak for others, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one interested.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
It is back ordered until early April so I have a little while to wait until I can mess with it but I will let you know what happens.

Wayne

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT

Tuckabuckaway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Edge, Escape, Flex, Mag GT350 Tech
I chose to stay as close to stock as possible so I went with the FP separators on both sides. I'm pleased with the separators themselves, but I'll probably change out the hoses. The driver side hose back to the intake is a bit long and slightly narrowed on the last bend approaching the CAI. I'm sure this hose will abrade the coil covers too (JLT painted covers on order) as it's touching. The flex hose on the passenger side is too long and I had to fuss quite a bit to avoid a bad kink.

With all that, my only notable gripe is the hardware, or lack thereof. The push pins were for $hit. I ended up buying 1/4" SST socket head capscrews, washers and nylock nuts as substitutes for the plastic pins. The pushpin under the tower brace really wasn't long enough to firmly secure the mount arm. The passenger side pins were just as bad.

Sponsored

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
Where does one get the longer push pin?
I found a suitable longer pin at Advance Auto. You'll find them on the "Orange label" fastener rack. I think it's Dorman brand. Part number is 452630. Its a 4-pack of 1/4 inch body push-in nylon rivets. May require some persuasion with a small hammer to push the pin in!

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also, regarding the passenger side, I would like to get a new "zip tie clip?" for the small wire harness that originally attached to the valve cover. It appears to be a zip tie/push-in pin combo. I assume I will have to go to FORD for a replacement. The problem is, the new oil accumulator moves this clips' mounting point upstream by an inch or so. This forces you to pull the wires tight in order to push the original pin into the oil accumulator bracket hole. The original clip is tightly clamped on the harness, so you can't just slide it up. It will have to be cut off and replaced.....

stang302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Also, regarding the passenger side, I would like to get a new "zip tie clip?" for the small wire harness that originally attached to the valve cover. It appears to be a zip tie/push-in pin combo. I assume I will have to go to FORD for a replacement. The problem is, the new oil accumulator moves this clips' mounting point upstream by an inch or so. This forces you to pull the wires tight in order to push the original pin into the oil accumulator bracket hole. The original clip is tightly clamped on the harness, so you can't just slide it up. It will have to be cut off and replaced.....
Is the zip tie part like a standard zip tie? I've had luck in the past using a small flathead screwdriver to gently lift the little tab that locks the zip tie closed. Didn't know if that would help so you could loosen the zip tie and slide it where you needed, then tighten it up again.

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the zip tie part like a standard zip tie? I've had luck in the past using a small flathead screwdriver to gently lift the little tab that locks the zip tie closed. Didn't know if that would help so you could loosen the zip tie and slide it where you needed, then tighten it up again.
Yeah, tried that. No dice :frusty: Tolerances are much tighter, if thats how they work....

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
They can't pawn it off as an OEM part or deceive is why; that would be a massive lawsuit- people thinking its a warrantied item from Ford itself. All kinds of consumer protection law violations doing that.

Ford Racing/Performance is a different company than Ford Motor Corp.
Ford Performance is a division of Ford Motor, not a separate Company. Ford Racing no longer exists. Henry Ford III is the head of Ford performance

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ford Performance is a division of Ford Motor, not a separate Company. Ford Racing no longer exists. Henry Ford III is the head of Ford performance
It doesnt really matter the corporate structure. Ford Performance is not an OEM part in Ford Motor Company's eyes.