Sponsored

My only complaint

TxShelby350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
Mine finally arrived last Friday and it is an amazing car! I ordered a track pack because I will track it a few times a year. After hearing about the tech pack cars having issues with limp mode I am glad I did. My only issue with the car is the Recaros as they are tight and pinch my hips. I'm not a big guy at 5 foot 10 and 180 pounds with a 34 inch waist. The Recaros in my Boss fit me perfectly. I am having to rethink my plans of driving this car to Utah for Track Attack as I'm not sure my hips will survive. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?
Sponsored

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Mine finally arrived last Friday and it is an amazing car! I ordered a track pack because I will track it a few times a year. After hearing about the tech pack cars having issues with limp mode I am glad I did. My only issue with the car is the Recaros as they are tight and pinch my hips. I'm not a big guy at 5 foot 10 and 180 pounds with a 34 inch waist. The Recaros in my Boss fit me perfectly. I am having to rethink my plans of driving this car to Utah for Track Attack as I'm not sure my hips will survive. Anyone else have this issue? Any suggestions?
I'm around the same size as you 5'9" 185lbs. And I feel like my seats have broke in a bit after driving it around for a month. Maybe give the seat a bit to break in.

Acksman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby 350GT - Race Red w/ White Stripes
That was one of the main reasons I did not go with a track pack although that is really what I wanted. I am 6 ft 3 and very wide shoulder and build. There was no way I would fit well in these new Recaros.

OP
OP

TxShelby350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 TP
I'm around the same size as you 5'9" 185lbs. And I feel like my seats have broke in a bit after driving it around for a month. Maybe give the seat a bit to break in.
Thanks, that gives me hope!

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Mine have broken in also. They fit me better each time I get in. My worst problem is getting my butt cheeks over the side bolster. Take your time, or you'll be picking your shorts out of your crack. Just sayin... :eyebulge:

Sponsored

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I'm your height, weigh 196 and have a 34 inch waist as well and fit well with very little wiggle room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Mine have broken in also. They fit me better each time I get in. My worst problem is getting my butt cheeks over the side bolster. Take your time, or you'll be picking your shorts out of your crack. Just sayin... :eyebulge:

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Or maybe it's your hips that got the break in ! :D

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I'm close to your measurements too... a little under but I do agree it's snug although let the seat bottoms "break in" and it'll get more comfortable. On the track, you'll be glad you have the Recaros as they keep you planted so you focus on your driving.

Do this type of routine... it'll help. :D
https://www.instagram.com/p/BC71c69veW6/?taken-by=i_mitsu

Sponsored

IA350

Ruby Voodoo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby GT, 2017 GT350
Yeah, that's one of the reasons I didn't get the track pack. At 6' 300 lbs 44 inch waist I don't fit too comfortably in the Recaros. I drove my 2013 Boss 302 out to the Mustang 50th in Vegas and the side bolsters dug into my flanks pretty hard. 4,400 mile round trip and I had bruises. I had to wedge a small airline pillow in the middle of my back to push me out just enough for comfort.

I did drive an R at Road America as part of the N.A. Track Tour and I think the Recaros in the GT350 are a little more forgiving than the Boss 302, but still a Tech pack car it is for me. I suppose the alternative is to pull a Jay Leno and replace the Recaros with regular mustang seats.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
I'm about the same size, but have wide shoulders so the problem was the side bolsters. After 4 laps at the Track Tour, my sides hurt from the Recaros digging into them. I ordered the Tech because of that, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how supportive and comfortable those seats are.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I'm close to your measurements too... a little under but I do agree it's snug although let the seat bottoms "break in" and it'll get more comfortable. On the track, you'll be glad you have the Recaros as they keep you planted so you focus on your driving.

Do this type of routine... it'll help. :D
https://www.instagram.com/p/BC71c69veW6/?taken-by=i_mitsu
I didn't do routine but watched, not sure how much it helped, but did make me smile:D

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I can tell you that if you sit in and drive a car with seats that fit your hips too tightly you can end up with some serious all day pain. I'm a little larger than you with a wide frame and although the tech pack seats are fairly comfortable, my hips sit partially on top of the seat bottom bolsters. The bolsters on the back are also too narrow for me, but again not bad for comfort. It's just that the middle of my back never touches the seat.

yellowragtop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 mustang conv
Jay Leno's 350R (he changed his seats)

Jay Leno has a video with him showing off his 2015 GT350R and the very first thing he mentions is that he removed the seats completely and installed some other seat. (He states in the video which seat he installed.) He says he saved the original seats.

Leno proceeds to show he has a spare 5.2L flat plane engine installed onto an engine stand, and he has this engine hooked up to a small mechanical dynamometer.

When I was reading this post, I remembered Jay Leno does not look like he wears size 32 waist.

I think this is the video below if anyone has not seen it:
[ame]
Sponsored