Sponsored

Why are there so many 15' Mustangs for sale?

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
The joy of the V8 never wears off.
Yep, that's for sure. I traded my GT in and don't regret it, but I do miss the GT sometimes. The problem is, if you commute, having a v8 car like a Mustang doesn't make sense in the city and it wasn't worth me paying extra in gas everyday just to go fast which would just result in me getting a ticket due to Northern Virginia Nazi Police being on the road 24/7. Even when I was doing the speed limit and a minivan would zoom past me, guess who was the one who got pulled over?

I may get another GT one day, but for now, the novelty has definitely worn off.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Seeing as enterprise has 28 for sale, most V6s, I'm inclined to believe you.
https://www.enterprisecarsales.com/...Distance/a//make="FORD" model="FORD--MUSTANG"
That's another issue. The 15+ lost it's cool factor. Now, you see one everywhere, but that was to be expected I guess. I just wish Ford did something to make the GT stand out over the v6. This is the first generation in a while where you really can't tell a v6 from a Eco from a GT unless you look at the badge in the back.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
That's another issue. The 15+ lost it's cool factor. Now, you see one everywhere, but that was to be expected I guess. I just wish Ford did something to make the GT stand out over the v6. This is the first generation in a while where you really can't tell a v6 from a Eco from a GT unless you look at the badge in the back.
Hood vents, grill, 5.0 badges.

But most importantly, sound.

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
Hood vents, grill, 5.0 badges.

But most importantly, sound.
But most normal people can't even notice the hood vents or grill. Even I have a hard time noticing.

And ...let's be real, unless you have custom exhaust, hearing that v8 is hard with those stock mufflers. So quiet!

Sponsored

skeeter

MAGA
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bradford
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP TY
You guys sound like you are in a mustang for show, not for personal enjoyment. You either love what it is, or you should be back in a minivan or something.

400 hp for what I paid is a great bang for the buck and can't be beat in the market. Considering aftermarket, Mustang is a super fun awesome joy toy for an old Bachelor like me.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
You guys sound like you are in a mustang for show, not for personal enjoyment. You either love what it is, or you should be back in a minivan or something.

400 hp for what I paid is a great bang for the buck and can't be beat in the market. Considering aftermarket, Mustang is a super fun awesome joy toy for an old Bachelor like me.
Nah, just pointing out the differences for my friend. :cheers:

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black

I grin every time I get behind the wheel and push the fun button. I've done 100mph exactly once in my life before owning this car. Now I don't even remember how many times I've done it since April 15th..lol. 120 on Sunday was a rush. I now get why people get addicted to speed.

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
It's an addiction, that's for sure...if you live somewhere that can make it happen at lol. The issue with me is I always get pulled over. ugh

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
It's an addiction, that's for sure...if you live somewhere that can make it happen at lol. The issue with me is I always get pulled over. ugh
For the most part I do it in the same spot. Interstate, low traffic at 8am, visibility for quite a ways each direction on a long, straight stretch between exits and part of a 15 mile stretch that I've only even seen patrolled by cops a few times in 10 years. I nail it in third coming down the on ramp and shoot off. I try not to be irresponsible with my playing though. If there are cars ahead of me or if I would even need to pass a car I don't do it. I'm a pretty tame driver overall.

And honestly, I doubt I take it past or even back up to 120 anytime soon.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Yikes. Good luck. I was at the negotiating table at Galeana Dodge here in Fort Myers ready to pull the trigger on a triple black Scat Pack, but they wouldn't move on the price. A day later I picked up my black/black GT and couldn't be happier. My cousin's boyfriend has an SRT8 and every time I'm in it I am so happy I went with the GT. I just can't shake the feeling that I'm in an old Buick land yacht with a worked motor. It just doesn't drive or feel as sporty as the GT. Looks are objective, but I prefer the side and ass of the GT and the front end is a push. The interior of the Dodge looks and feels cheap. The only thing I like about it, stock for stock, is the exhaust note and that can be fixed with an aftermarket exhaust. (Which I plan on buying once I close on my new house.)
my uncle had a fully loaded 15 r/t . the red interior was wearing within 6 months. the door panels had actually faded and the navigation had already failed, and the A/C stopped working. All within 6 months. He got all that fixed under warranty and dropped it like a hot potato. Typical dodge quality. I really like the way they look. It even drove nice for what it was. It was a great highway cruiser with some get up and go. but i wouldn't roll the dice to chance ending up with a typical dodge turd.

Last edited:

timsstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 'vert
I grin every time I get behind the wheel and push the fun button. I've done 100mph exactly once in my life before owning this car. Now I don't even remember how many times I've done it since April 15th..lol. 120 on Sunday was a rush. I now get why people get addicted to speed.
Totally agree! I'm 6 months into my S550, and the 'smile factor' when I ask it to do a 'little more' gets bigger every time. I have to constantly remind myself that this 'toy' has the HP to do what I wouldn't normally attempt!

This despite the fact that I'm coming from a S197 to an S550. 'Creature comforts' were the MAIN reason for the upgrade, and they are performing their function well too!

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Totally agree! I'm 6 months into my S550, and the 'smile factor' when I ask it to do a 'little more' gets bigger every time. I have to constantly remind myself that this 'toy' has the HP to do what I wouldn't normally attempt!

This despite the fact that I'm coming from a S197 to an S550. 'Creature comforts' were the MAIN reason for the upgrade, and they are performing their function well too!
I have the PP but it's a base interior and I love it. My Tacoma TRD is short on creature comforts so the mustang is a nice step up. A 35 mile commute each way is very comfortable.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
We recently vacationed in the Keys and there had to be 1000 V6 convertible rental Mustangs throughout the Keys. On a 50-80 mile trip, it wasn't uncommon to count 100 going the opposite direction.
YES!!!! Crazy, right?

I saw the same thing when I was there back in January!! It was hilarious...but not entirely unwelcome as it was a chance to see all of the color options in person.

I had a Challenger R/T rental (totally wasted on those roads) and I could scarcely find a GT to mess with. they were 99% V6/Ecoboost :D

This is largely related to the demise of the Chrysler 200/Sebring...the Buick Veracruz (?) convertible should help fill the void.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I'm in SoFlo and I see so many V6 vert rentals it's ridiculous, especially when I head east toward the beach. I mostly see V6s and Ecos, very few GTs but I know there's 2 other Magnetic GTs, 1 is PP, 2 white, 2 Orange Fastbacks, 2 Orange verts, and 1 DIB (all GTs) that I see around town regularly. I've only seen 1 TY and 1 RR both Ecos.
Sponsored