Sponsored

Why are there so many 15' Mustangs for sale?

blkandgud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT Premium
When the 15's first hit the streets, they were EVERYWHERE. You couldn't throw a rock without hitting one. I think the appeal just wore off. That, and I know a lot of people from luxury cars (BMW, Audi, etc) came to the Mustang. I'm sure their snobby friends made fun of them for owning a Ford, so back to BMW land they went.

Me personally, I like this car, but I like the 2011-2014 car more, just because it wasn't everywhere and is a faster car. But the rest, I'm waiting for the new Mustang to slim down and compete with the Camaro.
Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
When the 15's first hit the streets, they were EVERYWHERE. You couldn't throw a rock without hitting one. I think the appeal just wore off. That, and I know a lot of people from luxury cars (BMW, Audi, etc) came to the Mustang. I'm sure their snobby friends made fun of them for owning a Ford, so back to BMW land they went.

Me personally, I like this car, but I like the 2011-2014 car more, just because it wasn't everywhere and is a faster car. But the rest, I'm waiting for the new Mustang to slim down and compete with the Camaro.
I'm sure it depends on location. To this day, I can literally count on both hands (maybe 2 hands and a foot...) the number S550s I've seen in Calgary.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
I'm thinking about trading my '16 in for another '16, same trim. My dealership seems to be offering more on trade-in than the list price of a new one. If I can get it done and maybe even get a better interest rate (had it for about 8 months) why not? Reset mileage and lower payments.. Only negative is that I'd lose my 3.55 for a 3.31 :(

We'll see.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I'm seeing alot of 15' Mustangs for sale locally and on this forum. Mostly EB's and V6's locally but strangely the majority are GT's being listed on this forum. What do you guys think would be the main reason why people are unloading them only after a year?
I see mostly PP for sale here...curious:gossip:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What do you guys think would be the main reason why people are unloading them only after a year?
Poor planning? Poor impulse control?

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
I'm thinking about trading my '16 in for another '16, same trim. My dealership seems to be offering more on trade-in than the list price of a new one. If I can get it done and maybe even get a better interest rate (had it for about 8 months) why not? Reset mileage and lower payments.. Only negative is that I'd lose my 3.55 for a 3.31 :(

We'll see.
What about taxes? There is no recouping that.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
What about taxes? There is no recouping that.
What do you mean? On a trade in wouldn't you pay taxes on the difference? That's one of the advantages to trading in over selling privately, no? In this case the list price is actually lower than the trade in offered.

This is a serious question btw, if anyone has experience or knowledge on this I'd greatly appreciate it. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
local dealer still has sixteen 2015s on the lot new, 5 of them are yellow. Yellow doesnt move

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
How do these cars hold their value?
I thought it was weird ford doesnt offer a lease for mustangs. Is it because they lose their value too much?

Sponsored

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
How do these cars hold their value?
I thought it was weird ford doesnt offer a lease for mustangs. Is it because they lose their value too much?
Their value sucks, in the first year the GT drops 10K below MSRP. It is always smart to buy domestics used within the second year...I should have done that :doh:

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Well, before i got my 2016, i searched on Carmax and the 2 Used GT/PP's they had were only 2-3k cheaper than what i paid for a brand new one. So i got a new one.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Their value sucks, in the first year the GT drops 10K below MSRP. It is always smart to buy domestics used within the second year...I should have done that :doh:
The higher end mustangs are the ones with good resale value. Camaros, forget about it. I think the hellcat cars have good resale value too.

I learned my lesson with my GT, next time im getting used, low miles!!!

bscn8c

Certified BADASS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
What do you mean? On a trade in wouldn't you pay taxes on the difference? That's one of the advantages to trading in over selling privately, no? In this case the list price is actually lower than the trade in offered.

This is a serious question btw, if anyone has experience or knowledge on this I'd greatly appreciate it. :thumbsup:
Not all states offer a tax credit (Michigan and California are two that I know do not).

Nathank

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I sold my 2015 v6 a couple months shy of a year. I purchased a used 2016 GT (113 miles total) from a member here. I hated the v6, not that it's a bad car, but it wasn't a GT and that's what I wanted. I couldn't be happier, I don't know that I'll ever sell my GT.
Sponsored