Sponsored

Why are there so many 15' Mustangs for sale?

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm on the list to sell. 5,700 miles on my Premium '15 with PP. I'm not even sure what I can get out here in the Carolina's. I just need a bigger vehicle for family reasons. Otherwise I'd keep for a long time.
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Two reasons I bought a 16 back in April.

1. Of the very few 15's (GTPP) I could find for sale within 200 miles of me, they were all in the 29k range. I got my 16 new for 31.

2. Because I was looking used, I wasn't seeing an interest rate worth even trying for a 15. I got 1.7% on the 16.

That, to me, was saying the 15's were holding their value pretty well. I ended up financing almost 35 with the taxes and gap insurance in there, so I won't level out for at least another year or two I don't think. Maybe this is just a thing in my area? We're fairly small here, although my searches were stretching as far as Cincinnati and Columbus. I only know of maybe 2-3 other 550's in my small town and they aren't GT's. In the bigger city (comparatively) I work in, I see them here and there but they aren't real real common. The 197's are all over the place.

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
IMO, there are SO many desirable cars out there right now. I would love to own:

Camaro SS
Corvette
Mustang GT350R
Chevy SS sedan
Mustang
Scat Pack Challenger
Hellcat
BMW M4
Nissan GTR
Focus RS
anything AMG
STi
Tesla

...the list goes on

Shit, I would even love to own and modify an Ecoboost, but obviously wouldnt dump my GT to do so.

With so many other tempting cars out there, with most folks only able to afford 1 at a time, people are probably trading in their Stangs simply because they want to try something else.

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Their value sucks, in the first year the GT drops 10K below MSRP. It is always smart to buy domestics used within the second year...I should have done that :doh:
This is misleading. Few people are paying MSRP. It's not hard to find a new 2016 Mustang GT listed for $30. Good luck finding a "gently used" 2015 Mustang GT for $20.

$20 may be what the dealership offers you on trade-in. Doesn't mean its fair. Then they will give it a wash, and then put it on the used car lot for $28-29.

Sponsored

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
IMO, there are SO many desirable cars out there right now. I would love to own:

Camaro SS
Corvette
Mustang GT350R
Chevy SS sedan
Mustang
Scat Pack Challenger
Hellcat
BMW M4
Nissan GTR
Focus RS
anything AMG
STi
Tesla

...the list goes on

Shit, I would even love to own and modify an Ecoboost, but obviously wouldnt dump my GT to do so.

With so many other tempting cars out there, with most folks only able to afford 1 at a time, people are probably trading in their Stangs simply because they want to try something else.

Yes! Except tesla

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I'd take a 2016 Camaro SS over a Challenger 6.4L. Cheaper, and much better power / weight ratio.
I prefer the looks of the Challenger Scat Pack with the shaker hood option.

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
Yes! Except tesla
aww, why not? Have you driven one? The performance one is amazing. Makes it tough to drive anything else - gas powered cars seem so...outdated. :headbonk:

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
From what I've heard from a few places where I looked at a used GT it was basically the same comment that the sales person said...previous owner liked the car but after a while felt the car didn't suit them or was impractical.

CM581978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future S550 Owner
All the ones I see on Autotrader are priced thru the f'ing roof. Upwards of $30k on many of them.

Sponsored

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
aww, why not? Have you driven one? The performance one is amazing. Makes it tough to drive anything else - gas powered cars seem so...outdated. :headbonk:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/17/teslas-model-s-gets-ludicrous-mode-will-do-0-60-in-2-8-seconds/

Tesla’s Model S P85D is well known for its wonderfully named “Insane” mode, which tunes the car to go from 0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds.

Not insane enough for you? Now the Model S is getting a “Ludicrous” mode. Seriously.

The aptly named Ludicrous mode will do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. According to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, that acceleration pins you to the seat at a 1.1 Gs. “It’s faster than falling,” he adds. “It’s like having your own private roller coaster.”

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Well I paid $24,155 for my 15 eco,
it has 15500 miles and the only reason I won't call it excellent is because it's modified and serviced by me so I don't have dealer stamps for that, so I'll call it very good.
KBB says it's worth $22,704 on a private sale, $20,528 to a dealer

It seems to be holding value far better than expected, I didn't expect to be above water on my loan so quick, Guess I wasted $260 on gap insurance. I wouldn't give up this car unless someone offered me stupid money.

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
http://techcrunch.com/2015/07/17/teslas-model-s-gets-ludicrous-mode-will-do-0-60-in-2-8-seconds/

Tesla’s Model S P85D is well known for its wonderfully named “Insane” mode, which tunes the car to go from 0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds.

Not insane enough for you? Now the Model S is getting a “Ludicrous” mode. Seriously.

The aptly named Ludicrous mode will do 0-60 in 2.8 seconds. According to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, that acceleration pins you to the seat at a 1.1 Gs. “It’s faster than falling,” he adds. “It’s like having your own private roller coaster.”
Damn! definitely teslas now haha

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
over 120,000 of them sold in the US, Lot's more then prior years. Lots of GT's traded for GT350's. Eco and V6 lots of rentals.

california special gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT California Special
Because for the most part Mustangs are "emotional" decision cars. Once the new wears off and 3-6 mos worth of payments under the belt some people start looking for more practical alternatives. Also the younger crowd (60-70% of forum posters) are generally less financially stable and have a tendency to get in over their heads. Example: "Look at me the car helped me get the gal. Now she's pregnant. We are getting married and need to buy a house now..."
Sponsored