Sponsored

Why are there so many 15' Mustangs for sale?

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I'm thinking about trading my GT in for a Challenger Scat Pack.
Interesting. They're awesome cars! My buddy has one and even though it's a tank, it makes a great noise and looks cool too!

I change my mind about selling mine everyday. It really depends on whether or not I'm driving while thinking about selling. If I'm driving it - "hell to the no, never selling. Time for b00st!!" If I'm anywhere else - "ehh, I wouldn't mind an 03-04 Cobra.. Maybe a GT500.. Already built and boosted 11-14 GT.. h/c C6Z06.. Maybe a beater and another crotch rocket!"

My car's almost FBO + FF tuned and it just feels slow now. Not to mention the lack of torque down low. But hell, maybe I'm just ungrateful and I need to remind myself that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Besides, there's not much a force-fed S550 can't take down on the highway. :headbang:
Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
just have to look at its popularity and sales. Huge numbers. This equals more being sold for whatever reason.

RazorRamon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevrolet SS
I traded my EB. I didn't like the format and was a little worn on out on my extra cash going to a tuner. I also had a lot of quality issues that were supposedly taken care of by the dealer but weren't. When I brought it to Ford's attention they could care less. I took my money elsewhere and returned to a solid format with the LS3. Believe me I still love the way the mustang looks and the V8s are beautiful. I'd buy one quality issues aside because of those two things but Ford wouldn't care if I did and that's a big issue in my book.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
...When I brought it to Ford's attention they could care less. I took my money elsewhere and returned to a solid format with the LS3.
See you have a 2015 SS Sedan. Awesome car, we have over 40K miles on ours in less than 2 years with time at some tracks & drag strips. Still love it as such or more as the day we bought it new.

We are on our 3rd Gen5 Mustang and it's been a rough road to get Ford to fix issues. My dealer ended up buying back my 2010 GT because it was unsafe to drive. I like the new Mustangs except for the poor build quality I've seen. For now I'm holding out for a good price on a GT350 which probably won't happen til the next big thing comes out.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
See you have a 2015 SS Sedan. Awesome car, we have over 40K miles on ours in less than 2 years with time at some tracks & drag strips. Still love it as such or more as the day we bought it new.

We are on our 3rd Gen5 Mustang and it's been a rough road to get Ford to fix issues. My dealer ended up buying back my 2010 GT because it was unsafe to drive. I like the new Mustangs except for the poor build quality I've seen. For now I'm holding out for a good price on a GT350 which probably won't happen til the next big thing comes out.
There are few GT350 for sale on the forum

Sponsored

Given To Fly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Limited
The only other car I am considering right now is a 2016 CTS-V.
If my wife didn't require a convertible, I'd be buying a CTS-V for her.

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
my uncle had a fully loaded 15 r/t . the red interior was wearing within 6 months. the door panels had actually faded and the navigation had already failed, and the A/C stopped working. All within 6 months. He got all that fixed under warranty and dropped it like a hot potato. Typical dodge quality. I really like the way they look. It even drove nice for what it was. It was a great highway cruiser with some get up and go. but i'd roll the dice to chance ending up with a typical dodge turd.
I came from a 2015 Scat Pack. Literally had 0 issues and thought the interior quality was above my mustang's. Much more soft plastic and better looking gauge clusters. Also thought uconnect was great. To each their own I guess.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
I came from a 2015 Scat Pack. Literally had 0 issues and thought the interior quality was above my mustang's. Much more soft plastic and better looking gauge clusters. Also thought uconnect was great. To each their own I guess.:thumbsup:
Why'd you make the switch?

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I traded my EB. I didn't like the format and was a little worn on out on my extra cash going to a tuner. I also had a lot of quality issues that were supposedly taken care of by the dealer but weren't. When I brought it to Ford's attention they could care less. I took my money elsewhere and returned to a solid format with the LS3. Believe me I still love the way the mustang looks and the V8s are beautiful. I'd buy one quality issues aside because of those two things but Ford wouldn't care if I did and that's a big issue in my book.
Consumers gave the S550 a black mark for reliability and half a black for quality issues. Sounds like exactly what you are talking about..

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat

Sorry for the side-track....but is this typical of Ford dealers...once they have your money they could care less about helping you with warranty issues??

Last time I had to mess with a warranty it was with GM (Pontiac) when they cross-threaded the front calipers on and it was absolute hell getting reimbursed for that! Even had the owner of the dealership meet with me, smile and shake my hand saying they'd take care of me....yeah, 3 written letters needing to request compensation and countless phone calls later...the check came.

As for why there are so many 15's for sale... I don't see a ton of them on the road around here. And the GT's are very rare...maybe once a week or every other week. The Eco's and V6's maybe once a day if I'm lucky. And there's none on CL around here and the ones that are want $5k more than a new one costs even though they are stock.

-Emt1581

RazorRamon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevrolet SS
I love my SS. Would love to see a picture of yours Monte.

In response to the dealer/warranty thing...I'm optimistic that there are good dealers out there that will make sure they help you any way you can. Ford corporate is where I lost all hope and got rid of the car right after (not) talking to them. They wouldn't return my calls or emails and considered my case closed even though nothing was resolved with my car. They put me through hell for a few weeks. They were quick to PM me here and start my case but once it started they bailed. It's unfortunate because we keep at least 2-3 cars at all times and none of them are Fords anymore.

I remember walking the lot with the dealer's body shop manager and he pointed out panel alignment issues and gaps to me in 90% of their cars. He even showed me his personal vehicle (fusion) that had really bad gaps. He basically told me to live with my issues because every car they get has them. I wasn't even mad that he said it at that point. We chatted for a while after and I felt for the guy. It's difficult to be the guy that has to fix factory problems, especially when most of the cars come screwed up.

Last edited:

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2023 F150
Just got my car back from the dealer for the driveline vibration issue coming back after they had fixed it a few months ago. They said it is within NVH specs and they wouldn't do anything else. I'm going to lemon law it, I guess. Maybe look at the Challenger R/T. I don't need Scat Pak speed, but I'd like a decent handling DD that is a bit more comfortable than the Mustang- less road noise, etc. Guess I need to go test drive one.
Sponsored