Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
One of the few CG products I like. Honeydew Snow Foam foams really well and smells good too. Unfortunately they just have so many dang products and at least 4 or 5 in each category that do the exact same thing.

I had their wooly mammoth towel for drying for a while. Not sure who makes their towels but after one summer it started shedding and leaving shit all over my car. And I wash my microfiber’s separately and with a dedicated microfiber detergent. 🤷🏻‍♂️. The Rag Company Gauntlet is my go-to for drying towels now, excellent towels.
Their rags are hit or miss. I had their Happy Ending towels that shedded like crazy even after multiple washes. Turns out that color was a bad batch and they replaced them free of charge for another color and no more lint.
Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Their rags are hit or miss. I had their Happy Ending towels that shedded like crazy even after multiple washes. Turns out that color was a bad batch and they replaced them free of charge for another color and no more lint.
Being that car is ceramic coated, I try to dry as much as possible with a blower and then follow up on spots with a towel and drying aid/detail spray. It just kind of blew me away that most of the summer the towel did great then all of a sudden it just started shredding like Enron documents 🤭

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
One of the few CG products I like. Honeydew Snow Foam foams really well and smells good too. Unfortunately they just have so many dang products and at least 4 or 5 in each category that do the exact same thing.

I had their wooly mammoth towel for drying for a while. Not sure who makes their towels but after one summer it started shedding and leaving shit all over my car. And I wash my microfiber’s separately and with a dedicated microfiber detergent. 🤷🏻‍♂️. The Rag Company Gauntlet is my go-to for drying towels now, excellent towels.
I agree. Gauntlet is definitely my go to. I have 3 different sizes. The small ones are perfect for wheels. I use the next size up for when I blow dry and only need to remove random drips. The bigger ones for bigger drying and swipe dry jobs.

I spend a small fortune at the Rag company. They have anything I need and then some 😁😁

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I agree. Gauntlet is definitely my go to. I have 3 different sizes. The small ones are perfect for wheels. I use the next size up for when I blow dry and only need to remove random drips. The bigger ones for bigger drying and swipe dry jobs.

I spend a small fortune at the Rag company. They have anything I need and then some 😁😁
I love their microfibers. I have rags for interior cleaning, detail spraying, glass cleaning and just a bunch for general use. My wife shakes her head every time she sees a new dozen come out of the washing machine 🤣.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I like honeydew. Great slickness, foams up very well, and smells great.
One of the few CG products I like.
It may not be Reset but as far as I can tell, it does the job. Plus, as Brian said, it foams well, smells great and, it's much less expensive.

They have anything I need and then some
You've hit on the marketing equation, Alex! Confuse the customer and odds are, you'll sell more chidt! :=)

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Being that car is ceramic coated, I try to dry as much as possible with a blower and then follow up on spots with a towel and drying aid/detail spray. It just kind of blew me away that most of the summer the towel did great then all of a sudden it just started shredding like Enron documents 🤭
lol I only used the happy ending towels for leveling detail spray or rinse aid. Imagine my consternation while at a car show and the rag starts linting all over my nice clean car!

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to try Griot's Wash and Coat this year. I'm surprised that my pre-winter 3-in-1 application still has some protection even on the Bronco. Guess I found my semi-lazy protection system in Griot's ceramic stuff.

I really like Carpro Descale that was in DFB's review thread. It's just the right amount of water spot removal w/o having to break out a polisher. Having hard water here, it's my go to on a vehicle that currently has no protection.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Wash day for the Ranger, and a chance to try out a couple of new or revised additions.

I have been using the MTM PF22 foam cannon for nearly four years now, and its performance has never been in question. I currently have two of these foam cannons, one with the older bottle for Brake Buster, and one that I use for soap with the newer wide base bottle. I also still use my original Waxit foam cannon.

IMG-8757.jpg

The one main complaint leveled at the FP22 foam cannons has been the narrow bottle opening, something that makes filling and emptying much harder. I managed to get into a routine of filling the bottle with water first, then soap to limit the generation of frothy bubbles and an overflow situation.

IMG-3019.jpg

IMG-8202.jpg

IMG-2812.jpg

MTM knew they had to respond to the onslaught of newer competition sporting wide mouth bottles. And so, now we have access to the latest iteration of PF22.2 Foam Cannons with a redesigned bottle that mates to a plastic adaptor.

MTM PF22.2 Foam Cannon Kit with Wide Mouth Bottle New 2024 (detailingshed.com.au)
PF22.2 Foam Cannon with WIDE MOUTH Bottle - MTM Hydro (mtmhydroparts.com)

Now, with three fully functioning foam cannons, I certainly didn't need to buy another. Thankfully, MTM have thought about this and provide a retrofit kit consisting of the new bottle and adaptor plate.

MTM PF22.2 Wide Mouth Foam Cannon Bottle NEW 2024 (detailingshed.com.au)

IMG-1301.jpg

The black plastic adaptor is screwed onto the existing foam cannon body, nipping it up using firm pressure. I have seen a video where an additional rubber o-ring was fitted here to provide added threads for a tighter fit, but I really don't see the need. The adaptor is slotted to accept the tabs molded into the new bottle, which is then secured with an audible click.

22.6.jpg

22.7.jpg

IMG-1302.jpg

IMG-1306.jpg

The adaptor also has a rubber o-ring to provide a leak proof seal.

IMG-1309.jpg

The great thing about this new adaptor is the ability to convert older foam cannons, so now each of my units have matching wide mouth bottles.

IMG-1312.jpg

IMG-1315.jpg

IMG-1322.jpg

IMG-1320.jpg

Now, I have seen video's of the new setup where the user was complaining about the bayonet fitting, in particular unscrewing the foam cannon body from the adaptor by accident instead of unlocking the bottle. All I can say to that is they are doing it wrong. If you hold the black plastic adaptor and not the foam cannon body when turning, the bottle is easily attached and removed.

IMG-1359.jpg

From what I can see, if you order the complete foam cannon, MTM now include a weighted pickup tube. This addition helps maintain foaming when the bottle is low on solution and used at certain angles. However, this is not sent with the retrofit kits. I actually had a spare Kwazar weighted filter on hand and attached it to the existing tube, which worked very well.

IMG-1363.jpg

Rinsing the bottle out at the end was considerably easier, with far less reactivation and the ability to properly remove all of the remaining soap residue.

Today was also my first try of the newly reformulated P&S Radiance. This soap in its previous life was a classic wash-n-wax, the latest changes making it suitable for use on ceramic coatings. So in a sense, this is still a wash-n-wax in concept, just with the wax swapped for Si02.

Shop P&S INSPIRATION RADIANCE - COATING MAINTENANCE WASH Online - CarCareCo
P&S Inspiration Radiance | The Rag Company

IMG-1340.jpg

Filling the revised foam cannon is now a breeze!

IMG-1338.jpg

IMG-1345.jpg

IMG-1348.jpg

Now, I have never been a fan of these types of soap, mainly owing to the fact I just want the soap to clean and provide lubrication, any additional gloss or protection I want to add is done AFTER the wash. And so I went into using the new version of Radiance like any other example of a wash-n-wax.

The first thing to note is, DO NOT buy this product if you are expecting shaving cream foam, its just not a high foaming soap. That is fine by me because P&S don't make claims that it does (hello Auto Finesse).

IMG-1354.jpg

Slickness is decent, but nowhere near leaders such as KCx GSF or Carpro Reset. However, the rinse off is super easy and............the slickness it added to the Ranger was brilliant. Actually, I was quite surprised at how much slickness and gloss it added to the paint. Scent wise, it's very old-school car wash in that department................I guess the reformulation didn't include a scent change. As for the level of protection, again don't expect this to last very long, it's all about enhancement and not long-term durability.

Overall, I'm more impressed with P&S Radiance than I expected to be. The same applies to the updated FP22.2 foam cannon! After seeing a lot of negative media and comments on the new unit, my anticipation had been somewhat dampened. But I can also see why MTM went the route the chose with the updates, the actual foam cannon itself performed brilliantly, so a complete redesign was not needed. What they have delivered is an improvement on the original, helping it to function better. I also like that the retrofit kit is relatively cheap to update a current unit.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Just like the ceramic coating, the latest "modification" is completely pointless, but oh so necessary for my enjoyment. :like:

IMG-1371.jpg

Yes, that's a muffler exhaust tip! Briggs and Stratton fit these to engines depending on what the customer is asking for. For example, a lot of Masport's with the earlier versions of the 850 engine came with one as standard.

wheeled-strimmer-briggs-stratton-850-e-series-engi.jpg

et101.jpg

The one on my Mulchmaster has been on a few mowers now, I grabbed it off a Masport before I traded it in.

Briggs and Stratton also sell these as a spare part. There are now two versions of this tip, the earlier example above has a smaller diameter outlet, the latest is much bigger and fits the newer engines. This larger version will also fit the domestic engines with the QPT muffler, mostly the 163cc variants.

Breaks & Scrapem Part Number - 594563

I'm not going to post a link for the part as that would show how much I shelled out for two of these things from the USA! :facepalm:

Before -

IMG-1374.jpg

IMG-1381.jpg

So the question is, pointing down or to the side?

IMG-1384.jpg

IMG-1386.jpg

IMG-1387.jpg

IMG-1389.jpg

IMG-1378.jpg

I think to the side.............or maybe pointing up? :giggle:

Sponsored
OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
My sister's birthday gift this year, an exterior and interior detail on her nearly one-year-old Volvo XC60 B6.

This vehicle was last washed by me on Christmas Day last year, apart from a quick spray down after a road trip from Melbourne to Adelaid and back. Remarkably, the car was relatively clean, so Carpro Finest Reserve is doing its job.

Now, my sister loves cars, but more so in how they look and feel, not so much what is under the hood. Hence a slew of relatively tame naturally aspirated petrol 4's and sole diesel 4 in her back catalog. This Volvo with its turbocharged 2.0 putting out 220 kW and 420 Nm, combined with some mild hybrid assistance, is easily the most powerful car she has owned.

Her first comment to me after that road trip was, "wow, its great to have some power on the open road for overtaking and general ease of cruising"........................something I have ALWAY advocated for when recommending cars to people. I always get the usual "I'm not a racing driver" type of response. True, but the power is not necessarily there to drive like a maniac, but to make driving so much easier and effortless. This sentiment is more obvious these days now that we are not buying torquey Aussie made vehicles, their place taken by asthmatic diesel pickup trucks and gutless naturally aspirated hatchbacks.

Anyway, back to detailing.

The wheels were the dirtiest part of the car, typical euro-brake dust buildup. From dry, I sprayed them with NV Purge and allowed to react. I then rinsed, following with a contact wash using Gtechniq W4 Citrus Foam. The tyres were cleaned with Undressed, the wheels given a quick application of Wet Coat. I also hosed out the engine bay and topped up the windshield bottle with N-914 at 128:1.

I then went in with the same W4 Citrus on the paint for a pre-soak. Rinsed, we then switched to Carpro Reset for the contact wash. After being hit with the EGO blower, the drying aid of choice was again Carpro EliXir, which works brilliantly with the Carpro coating. Door jambs wiped with ECH20, wheels wiped down with NV Boost v1, tyres dressed with Carpro Darkside.

For the interior, it got a vac, the rubber floor mats cleaned with McKee's, the glass done with Invisible Glass, everything else got a wipe down with a damp towel. We (I) also decided to clean the front seats, steering wheel and armrests using ColourLock Mild Leather Cleaner, followed by another application of ColourLock Leather Shield. This is what clean, protected leather should look like..................

IMG-1401.jpg

IMG-1403.jpg

Back to spec and off home, my job was done.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
My sister's birthday gift this year..
A belated HB to your sister, D. :=) Great gift idea and another win-win. She received a spotlessly clean, inside and out, vehicle and you got to enjoy some "therapy," PERFECT. <smile>

Mighty sorry about the feeble engine motor thingies Down Under though, that has to suck. No doubt every forum member agrees with your thoughts on having power available when needed.

Been so damn busy with exterior projects that I think it's been almost two months since I've washed a vehicle. Blasphemous, I know. <grin> But Mother Nature waits for no one and I need to get this last big project finished before the real heat arrives.

BTW, did you not post a photo of the sparkling Volvo for a reason? ;=) Did I see it in your post regarding foam coloring?

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
A belated HB to your sister, D. :=) Great gift idea and another win-win. She received a spotlessly clean, inside and out, vehicle and you got to enjoy some "therapy," PERFECT. <smile>

BTW, did you not post a photo of the sparkling Volvo for a reason? ;=) Did I see it in your post regarding foam coloring?
Was sort of in the moment and didn't take many images. Here's one from it's previous detail at Christmas.......................

IMG_9388.jpg

IMG_9395.jpg

IMG_9397.jpg

Not my choice of colour, but the build quality is superb, likewise the soft touch leather.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Not my choice of colour..
Thanks for the photos amigo, she's gorgeous as expected. White kind of sits by itself when it comes to those who do or don't like it I think. Obviously, the auto manufacturer's know what "we" like and it must be near the top of the list as white vehicles are everywhere.

The interior is also MUCH nicer than I thought and I'm sure she loves the car, especially one so clean and shiny. :=)

I'm on the "love it" side and I have a special fondness for pearl white. Came real close to ordering Oxford White with Kona Blue stripes for a '20 500 but when I saw Ford's debut photos in Rapid Red with black stripes, it grabbed me big time. <smile>
Sponsored