OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
You would assume using these products so regularly that dilution amounts would be muscle memory, but my brain doesn't work that way. I got sick of looking up the dilution each and every time I mixed one of the following chemicals, so I did what I do best....................made a spread sheet!

IMG-1272.jpg

Detailing-Dilution.png

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
The P&S brand has gone from strength to strength over the last decade, delivering a variety of high-performance products that have really found favor with the pro and enthusiast detailing market. In recent times they have been reinventing some of their older formula's, some rebranded to bring them to prominence, some reformulated for modern times applications.

One such product being Undressed Tire Prep, which was once known as P&S White-Wall Tire Cleaner. It's been brought under the Pro-Series banner and sold as an alternative to Shine Supply Wise Guy or Adam's Tire & Rubber Cleaner.

P&S Undressed Tire Prep (detailingshed.com.au)
Undressed Tire Prep – P & S Detail Products (psdetailproducts.com)
P&S Detail Products - Undressed Tire Prep | The Rag Company

Another being Crystal Wash. This actually hasn't been alternated in formula, rather it's a different take on an iron fallout remover........without the stench. Instead of dissolving contamination and turning purple, it attacks and then crystalizes contaminants for easy hose off. This product dates back to the 1980's and has been brought into the spotlight in recent times as an alternative to stinky iron removers.

Crystal Wash Surface Prep & Fallout Remover (detailingshed.com.au)
Crystal Wash – P & S Detail Products (psdetailproducts.com)

Another product, and the reason for this post, is Radiance. The original formula being a good old-fashioned wash & wax type maintenance soap. The case for a maintenance wash with carnauba wax is very limited these days, it really doesn't play well with ceramic coatings and sealants. Up until recently, you could still buy Radiance Premium Wash & Wax.

However, Radiance has since gone through a reformulation to be more relevant, now known as Inspiration Radiance Coating Maintenance Wash................

Inspiration Radiance - Coating Maintenance Wash – P & S Detail Products (psdetailproducts.com)
Shop P&S INSPIRATION RADIANCE - COATING MAINTENANCE WASH Online - CarCareCo
P&S Inspiration Radiance | The Rag Company

IMG-1275.jpg

The new formula, and new name for that matter, was intended to fit into the rest of the P&S Inspiration ceramic coating lineup. Like the original wax version, the new formula is designed to clean, then leave behind some additional Si02 to increase gloss, slickness, hydrophobics and provide some very minor protection.

Now, you can see I have the old and the new side by side. That was not intentional as I've never been a wash & wax fan. However, I was sent the old bottle in error (or maybe not), I must have got the very last bottle as it's since been removed from the supplier's website.

From what I have seen, Inspiration Radiance is not a high foaming soap. Nor have I been a big fan of these dual-purpose soaps. But, well, I wanted to try it. Time will tell if this changes my mind.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I love Undressed, it does work really well. I generally use it neat as with Brake buster normally, although dilluted it works OK if the tires aren't too dirty.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
The first being the relatively new Detail Factory Progrip Fender Well Brush.
Your timing is excellent, D, as I've been wanting something better for the fender wells for a long time. Been using the long EZ Detail brush which is OK but, it's next to useless on the vertical back side.

Therefive, I ordered the long, red one. <grin> Thanks..(I think.) <grin>

I have 1 of each color for a backup..
I do believe you have contracted D's obsessiveness, Alex! <smile>

But asking over $240 to replace a $63 set of rubber wiper blades is simply ridiculous.
OMG! Not only is the fee ridiculous...SIXTY-THREE BONES for wiper blades is insane!

so I did what I do best....................made a spread sheet!
I couldn't help but laugh, D because...I DO THE SAME THING! I print out all sorts of reminders, checklists, etc., and even LAMINATE some of them. <still laughing at myself> :=)

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I do believe you have contracted D's obsessiveness, Alex! <smile>
I'm afraid so :) Bad thing is I have bought tons of stuff I have yet to try. This spring and summer I hope to at least try everything. :) And the fender well brush does work really well, I have tried it although it doesn't fit in my Mustang wheel wells really well unless I am doing a wheels off cleaning.

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Battle of the Best Snow Foams for Foam Cannons!

Pan the Organizer said:
Battle of the Best Snow Foams for Foam Cannons!
Are you ready for the ultimate snow foam battle?
Join me as I put eight of the most popular car wash foams to the test in this foam cannon showdown!
From price and scent to foam thickness, dilution ease, rinsing capability and overall value - we’ve got it all covered.

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
One of the few CG products I like. Honeydew Snow Foam foams really well and smells good too. Unfortunately they just have so many dang products and at least 4 or 5 in each category that do the exact same thing.

I had their wooly mammoth towel for drying for a while. Not sure who makes their towels but after one summer it started shedding and leaving shit all over my car. And I wash my microfiber’s separately and with a dedicated microfiber detergent. 🤷🏻‍♂️. The Rag Company Gauntlet is my go-to for drying towels now, excellent towels.
Sponsored