HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The door would be about 18 years old, I've replaced a few of them now. Just age and the fact that radiant heat from the afternoon sun belting against the door would contribute. Plastic and metal hinges are offered, mine has the plastic, which I assume is cost control.

I replaced all of my 36 YO hinges about a year ago. Old and new metal. The new are much heavier gauge and wider. Only did it due to misdiagnosing problem with opener sometimes sensing too much load and stopping mid opening. Turned out to be a failing board in the opener. Bought a kit on Amazon with all the hinges, new rollers, fasteners, etc.. IIRC was only about a buck a piece. Easy job; just replace one at a time. Door had matching holes for unused ones in the hinges, so reused some of the old screws in those for good measure.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Only did it due to misdiagnosing problem with opener sometimes sensing too much load and stopping mid opening.
You're not alone, D. We have a double and a single door and the double gives me fits on a regular basis with exactly those symptoms. In our case, it seems to be temperature as it acts up in the colder months. Get out the step stool and a little straight slot and start tweaking the adjustement.

Sometimes the problem goes away with one turn and other times, it seems to take forever..VERY frustrating.

Easy job; just replace one at a time.
Been there at least twice over the years and while it is an easy job, the number of screws is daunting. <grin>

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Autumn, my favorite season. Sunny days, not too hot, not too cold..............perfect for pottering about. And so, having the last two days off has been a fantastic recharge.

Yesterday, I serviced a work colleague's lawn mower. She pays to cover the parts and I throw in the labor for free. Nothing overly complicated, it's only a few years old, but I changed out the oil for fresh Penrite 10W-30, a new air filter and spark plug. I then gave the unit a clean with Shine Supply Wise Guy, applied Hydr02 to the deck and a little P&S Shape Up dressing for the plastics. It was then returned, ready for work again.

Interesting to note the design of the airbox on these newer Brigg's engines lets in a lot of dust and debris. Where the oil-soaked foam filters on the old side-valve engines didn't allow any foreign material to enter the filter case, the new OHV engines have two entry points for grass and dust to enter the housing. This makes it vital to check, clean or replace the paper cartridge and foam pre-filters often.

After that and running around town for this and that, I zoned out for a few hours and settled into my happy place by washing the Mustang. I typically use soap for the wheels, but I decided to use Brake Buster from my foam cannon to get a deeper clean than usual.

Soap of choice was Koch Chemie GSF, followed by a blow down with the EGO and OG Drying Aid. With the cooler weather, I decided to tackle the inside of the rear windshield by folding myself into the back seat, using the Stoner Reach & Clean Tool to get right down to the base of the screen. The wheels got a wipe down with NV Boost v1 and the tyres re-coated with OG Tire Dressing.

IMG-4893.jpg

IMG_1154.jpg

Today, I made sure I had nowhere to go other than out into the garage. Again, it was on with the headphones to help me zone out, the delightful Table Manners podcast playing in my ear. After running them through the washing machine yesterday, the first job today was to refit the Ranger's waterproof seat covers. Actually, while they were out of the car, I cleaned under the seats and the headboard with Griot's Interior Cleaner, the rest of the interior with InnerQD.

For the exterior, again I used foamed Brake Buster for the wheels, then P&S Radiance for the wash. Drying Aid an old favorite, Meguiar's Last Touch, then the tires got another coat of OG TD and the wheels wiped over with Boost v1.

IMG_1348.jpg

While it wasn't all that bad, it was then the Jaguar's turn. Foamed Brake Buster again for the wheels and tyres, soap of choice being Shine Supply Shift, and OG Drying getting another run. The wheels this time wiped with ECH20, tyres dressed with Opti-coat Tire Gel.

IMG_9988.jpg

Finishing up the bliss, I mixed up a fresh batch of ECH20 at 15:1 and topped off various spray bottles, something I find very therapeutic for some reason.

Back to work tomorrow........................ :crying:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Autumn, my favorite season. Sunny days, not too hot, not too cold..............perfect for pottering about.
"pottering"

Another word from Down Under <smile> and, it's a good one. <grin>

I mixed up a fresh batch of ECH20 at 15:1 and topped off various spray bottles, something I find very therapeutic for some reason.
We do share some excentricities, D, and aren't those "little things that make your brain right" comforting? I bet I have a DOZEN of those moments on most days with the littlest of things. <BSEG>

Sponsored

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
"pottering"

Another word from Down Under <smile> and, it's a good one. <grin>

We do share some excentricities, D, and aren't those "little things that make your brain right" comforting? I bet I have a DOZEN of those moments on most days with the littlest of things. <BSEG>
Pretty sure "pottering" is more of a UK thing, although I'll take ownership of it for Australia's sake.

Potter / Pottering -

Phrasal verb

"pottered around/about; pottering around/about; potters around/about. British. : to spend time in a relaxed way doing small jobs and other things that are not very important. He spent his holidays pottering around the house/garden."

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Meguiar's Hyper Wash...................

IMG-1491.jpg

The above is me caving into peer pressure after numerous Autogeek remembers were suggesting I take a look at Hyper Wash. I have resisted in the past due to the RRP it sells for in Australia and the ultra-thick consistency. This product is from the Pro Detailer line and features an ultra-concentrated 400:1 dilution ratio.

I was told Hyper Wash is not pH neutral, being slightly elevated to provide superior cleaning in commercial applications. As a regular maintenance wash on a ceramic coating, it apparently prevents it from "clogging" and therefore not needing periodic high pH decon washes. However, my pH meter measured 7.68 in concentrate form, and 7.89 diluted. This is only ever so slightly above pH neutral, and actually lower when compared to NV Snow with a claimed pH of 7.0 and a measured value of 9.7.

IMG-1492.jpg

IMG-1495.jpg

First impressions, the consistency is not as thick as expected, the scent muted but pleasant.

I'm quite critical of Meguiar's approach to Australia. In the USA, the brand is all about value for money without compromising quality. Thing is, that doesn't translate in Australia...............unless on heavy discount. As such, I'm going to pick a Carpro or P&S product over a Meguiar's at full RRP.

In the case of Hyper Wash, a gallon (the only size) comes in at $94.99 RRP. The above bottle I got on eBay for $66 with free shipping. So why isn't it always at $66? At $95, I would rather only pay $75 for the excellent NV Snow.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure "pottering" is more of a UK thing
<laughing again> Ah, it was "pottering." I swear, I probably won't be able to remember my NAME before long. <BSEG>

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Last week, not having time to attend to the dirty, bug ridden Wildtrak, I decided to see what Bilt Hamber Touchless would do in a simply foam-rinse-blow dry type of treatment. Touchless got the car 90 percent clean, stripping off the grime in an effortless way. That meant today's wash would be far easier.

As always, the wheels and tyres were first. I used foamed Brake Buster for the wheels, the tyres scrubbed with P&S Undressed, followed by another application of Hydr02 on the wheels.

I then moved onto the engine bay, rinsing it down before applying APC and scrubbing with the Detail Factory Fender Brush and an EZ-Detail brush. Rinsed again, I applied Hyper Dressing and closed the hood.

IMG-7095.jpg

Even though the car was still pretty clean after last weeks Touchless, I still used a pre-treat foaming, in this case Gyeon Foam. It was then onto a new soap......................

IMG-0023.jpg

After having a few people suggest I try it, Hyper Wash is a highly concentrated soap aimed at pro detailers. I had previously dismissed Hyper Wash because of the high recommended retail price and ultra-thick consistency. Combined with the new wide mouth MTM foam cannon bottle and the thinner than expected consistency, dispensing the soap was easier than I had anticipated.

Hyper Wash produces thick, shaving cream-like foam that, unlike the Gyeon Foam used earlier, does thin down a little as it dwells. The scent is quite muted but pleasant, again I was expecting it to smell like some of Meguiar's older legacy products. Slickness is good but not at Reset or GSF levels, and it's relatively free rinsing. Cleaning power is impressive though, which you would expect from a product rated at pH 9.0.

IMG-0027.jpg

IMG-0028.jpg

IMG-0033.jpg

I have to say, Hyper Wash is way better than I had been expected and I'm grateful for those who suggested trying it. This is why forums are the best, respectful sharing of knowledge and information rather than the trash to be found on other social media platforms.

After the wash, I used NV Boost v2 for the drying aid and P&S Epic for the door jambs. I cleaned the interior with P&S Xpress, followed by P&S True Vue for the glass. The leather was looking quite grotty, so I cleaned with KCx Pol Star and applied Geist Leather Conditioner. The Floor mats were scrubbed with Mckee's FMCLR and dressed with P&S Swift.

IMG-8339.jpg

I then wiped the wheels over with Boost v2 and dressed the tyres with Shine Supply Decked Out.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
How to not detail your car
OUCH! That clip made me CRINGE, holy CRAP!

On the plus side, at least we know what NOT to do, D. <laughing> Now make SURE you use a "white 'rag' on the windows" and absolutely, positively SOAK those tires in Armor All INCLUDING THE TREADS! <still laughing> Now, do the same thing with the seats, pour a gallon of dish soap on them and then suck as much as you can out. (too funny)

Thanks for the video, D, I did get some good laughs from it. :=)

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
How to not detail your car.................:cwl:

Man that is EXACTLY why I specify do not touch the car when I buy a new car. Mechanical PDI only, don't even so much as drive near the wash bay 😳😳

OP
OP
DFB5.0

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Man that is EXACTLY why I specify do not touch the car when I buy a new car. Mechanical PDI only, don't even so much as drive near the wash bay 😳😳
Or the service department "complimentary wash".......................................

IMG-7940-LI.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Last edited: