Sponsored

What the Hell is Wrong with Us?

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Jesus wouldn't be a Democrat or a Republican! Stop chasing after a party and start chasing after Him. When your truth lies in a political party then you will always be driven by lies disguised as truth.

Maybe Christians should stop taking direction on how to live out our lives from a political party and start opening the Holy Word of God so that we can start living our lives by His standard.

No disrespect intended but if you don't like what I said, take it up with God.
Amen!! Brother. Amen!!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I know this will get moved to the "Off Topic" thread but I wanted as many members as possible to see it. This is "NOT" a political statement. It is a "HUMAN" statement. I screen printed these off of Meet the Press this morning which I have watched for at least 50 years. The first print is a setup for the second so keep reading.

So the first print is nothing new. These numbers haven't really changed much since 2017. Honestly don't really care. The second print is downright frightening. We have a Worldwide pandemic on our hands and people are making serious healthcare decisions based on political lines. This is insane. All of us need to get on the same page. I do not care what party you are behind. I do not care if you love or hate our President. None of this matters. What matters is our lives, our families lives, the lives of our friends and co-workers. Let's take this seriously and put all of the political BS on the back burner. We can take it up again when everyone is safe.

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.jpg
Maybe its not political but just that Republicans are smarter and better physical specimens so have less to worry about the virus.

ducking

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
Jesus h christ. I literally came on to this site just now bc I'm tired of everything being about covid and I wanted a break. What do I get? 2 threads on first page of the... general mustang talk forum.

Wtf mods? Yall move so many threads every day yet this one stays?

No offense to OP. I get your concern though I don't quite share the same sense of urgency.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Jesus h christ. I literally came on to this site just now bc I'm tired of everything being about covid and I wanted a break. What do I get? 2 threads on first page of the... general mustang talk forum.

Wtf mods? Yall move so many threads every day yet this one stays?

No offense to OP. I get your concern though I don't quite share the same sense of urgency.
No offense take. I understand your position. That said I really thought the mods would have moved it by now. I know it didn't belong in the general forum but the topic is so important and so relevant that I wanted the maximum number of eyes on it. For those who do not like it, don't click on it simple.

I also wasn't looking for anyone to agree or disagree. I do find it amazing the number of members who are taking such a laissez faire attitude about a pandemic. Oh, it's no big deal, we all have to die sometime. But G-D forbid someone scratches their Mustang. We truly live in a f-cked up world.

And by the way, cursing at the mods, not a great idea.

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just can’t agree my friend. To me this isn’t a concern, all my peers feel same way. They just shut down our food and bars for 2 weeks tonight in ohio, upsetting.

still don’t care though, to me doesn’t feel like anything other than an annoyance.

One month from now, no one will even know Coronavirus even existed here. That’s how non talked about it is in my area.

Overhyped and blown out of proportion.
Listen, dude. Overhyped? Yes, by the media. Leave it to them and we should all be dead already and you can catch this virus by looking at someone infected. That’s one major issue that has lead to the mass panic that really needs to be handled in a calmer, orderly fashion.

However - this is what you should consider. Despite the fact you are in a low risk group, (which could be even more dangerous than a high risk group because you can contract/carry and spread all while being asymtomatic or showing mild symptoms you think are nothing more than a head cold), that doesn’t mean you’re low risk to others.

The issue comes with the “no big deal” attitude and the potential for you to spread to high risk groups due to thinking this is faux news and you aren’t at risk, etc which is exactly why exhaustive measures are being taken to prevent spread. We as a society feel we are invincible to the rest of the world’s problems. We aren’t, we are just extremely fortunate to have advanced medicine and not have had a major, devisitating disease/pandemic outbreak in recent years.

The data everyone is looking at now is very early to judge how hard this will hit the population. The people in countries where health care is not good and people don’t have great prevtentative measures are taking this serious as to A; avoid their own sickness and B; stop spreading to others.

I still see people walking around coughing and sneezing in the open air and I want to punch everyone that does that in the face. The US “Taking this seriously” is clearing the shelves of items that have more in common with hurricane prep than illness. It’s a joke that we clear shelves of obscure BS but complain because we have to adjust our day to day, oh so important schedules for a better prognosis of this whole thing. People can’t bitch and complain that the damage control is trying to be minimized.

The sooner we can wipe this out, the less everyone has to be concerned about being sick and the economic impact. Small businesses are going to take a huge hit. If everyone has the “no big deal” attitude, it’s that much longer the small business owner has to endure losses and possibly facing closure, which in turn drives up unemployment and further sinks our economy.

Go buy beer and drink at home, cook some wings.. hopefully your area is minimally impacted and you don’t hear about it because there’s nothing to talk about. I live in a metro area where there’s nearly 6mil people in a 1.5hr drive and I wish it was “that simple” but it’s not. It’s a guarantee that some asshat will probably come to work carrying this shit, not stay home and start “community spread”, not wash their hands after blowing their nose, sneezing, coughing on themselves, etc and continue making food at a restaurant, touching the items you pick up in the grocery store, door handles, gas pumps, etc.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
panic panic and more panic. The media needs to shut the hell up.

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White '18 GT350
Edited. Post was rude and feel like I was pissing in to the wind anyway.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
panic panic and more panic. The media needs to shut the hell up.
I’m watching the Today show right now. They are answering people questions regarding the virus. No panic, no politics, just information people want. The bulk of the media is doing their jobs by providing the public the information they require. Just like the criticism of the President it’s time to back off the media and let’s try and get through this.

By the way they are now practicing social distancing. It’s about time.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Edited. Post was rude and feel like I was pissing in to the wind anyway.
I think most of us with a brain feel the exact same way. But....each of us needs to, at the very least, acknowledge this virus exists. Once that’s done each person needs to decide if they want to be part of the problem or part of the solution. If enough people decide to being part of the former the latter is going to take a lot more time.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think most of us with a brain feel the exact same way. But....each of us needs to, at the very least, acknowledge this virus exists.
I doubt that anybody is denying the existence of this health threat or what the roughly 5% worst case result could be.

Once that’s done each person needs to decide if they want to be part of the problem or part of the solution. If enough people decide to being part of the former the latter is going to take a lot more time.
Straight out of Eldridge Cleaver and 1960's activism of a different sort. Catchy phrase, but things aren't always that 'binary'. Minimizing risk is probably the best that most of us will be able to do, where minimizing isn't going to meet anybody's definition of 'eliminating risk entirely'.

Being retired I can avoid most, but not all, contact with people I don't live with for an extended length of time if necessary. But I'll still need to eat and we'll still need to resupply ourselves with various other consumables as well.

Norm

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Now if G-d were able to supply some more testing kits, that would be nice.
Obliterate the Communists would do the world the most benefit. And while He's at it, a certain lab in Wuhan. This lab has had MULTIPLE incidents of improper handling leading to 'escape' over the years. I won't say the USA labs are beyond reproach because we've had some just incredible STUPID here as well. But at least we haven't let a bug loose.

Remember "social distancing" is the current meme, and yet when a certain someone enforced "social distancing" weeks before (and in defiance of other countries' naivete) he got attacked for doing so...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Flu: Vacinne and known causes. Standard Prevention protocols: Limit contact and cleaning.
I personally pride myself in being the spreader of the annual flu that kills 50,000 or so of my countrymen every winter season. I mean, I haven't had a flu shot in 35 years and I think I've been sick 8 times with something that could be characterized as such. I'm a very bad person. I even had the nerve to go visit my elderly grandparents at their 800-person housing community which proves my utter disdain for the well-being of others.
Sponsored